Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'

Full story: WSAW

Today is Good Friday - which is the last day of Holy Week leading up to Easter. Christians believe the holiday commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ.
Comments
7,601 - 7,620 of 7,725 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2014

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, and hello ((((Deb))))
Wrote a little concerning believers here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I read that post...one of the responses to it that you received was someone saying...the unbelievers made me do it (paraphrased).

Maybe we can not achieve peace until we ALL admit that we carry some blame and "own" our own culpability. It can not always be the "other persons fault".

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

SHOUTIN' OUT TO DEB...

Wavin' at ya my friend {{{}}}

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that post...one of the responses to it that you received was someone saying...the unbelievers made me do it (paraphrased).
Maybe we can not achieve peace until we ALL admit that we carry some blame and "own" our own culpability. It can not always be the "other persons fault".
Hi Lass!

Really, as far as a believer should be concerned, we are called to emulate the Master.

Now as far as culpability goes, at times one could be in the right, or outright wrong. Regardless, we are responsible for our actions, what 'fruit(s)' do we bare?

"But,BUT!!" <Breathlessly> "Jesus showed righteous indignation and turned over the tables of the moneychangers in the Temple..."<pant-pant -barf -puke...>

So?

Jesus also said why -“Is it not written,‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers.”(Mark 11:17)

He was purifying the "House of God" - which had been defiled. Now, is Topix ,or any forum , a "holy place" which needs human intervention for purification?
Better yet , does God, by virtue of being such, need puny humans to "defend" Him from the 'onslaught' of those most Godless posters? Please, I laugh at those who write such- "I'm defending God!"<thumping chest> ...Sure you are~..no..you defending your own human pride. No one keeps anyone here, it just becomes a game of one upmanship, nothing more.

When both "sides" can admit to such, then a dialog can ensue.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, and hello ((((Deb))))
Wrote a little concerning believers here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Good posts to be sure.
I got tired of always trying to guide Christians into His ways- and the malicious attacks from them when I provided scripture to prove His point on such matters.

I know that any and everyone is capable of horrid posts- but WE are supposed to know better. In not posting there- I sometimes feel like I dropped the ball I was handed..... but on the other hand- my life is much richer with out the nasty stuff.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Good posts to be sure.
I got tired of always trying to guide Christians into His ways- and the malicious attacks from them when I provided scripture to prove His point on such matters.
I know that any and everyone is capable of horrid posts- but WE are supposed to know better. In not posting there- I sometimes feel like I dropped the ball I was handed..... but on the other hand- my life is much richer with out the nasty stuff.
Most engaged in the games of 'one upmanship' don't want to be reminded of the Way of the Master... it spoils the "fun", the "victory"(delusions of grandeur,truly), the inflated sense of self importance some may feel "denied" in real life. Just look at the time devoted to many on here, for some it seems every waking moment, or at least every free minute available. Quite sad, really. You wonder what they would have done with the same time a few short years ago, before advent of the web or forums such as Topix.

Yeah,yeah, some say "it's just for entertainment.." , but for many it goes beyond that- the way soap operas were used by many women vicariously-,placing themselves in the narrative - giving 'meaning' to a otherwise 'dull life'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Most engaged in the games of 'one upmanship' don't want to be reminded of the Way of the Master... it spoils the "fun", the "victory"(delusions of grandeur,truly), the inflated sense of self importance some may feel "denied" in real life. Just look at the time devoted to many on here, for some it seems every waking moment, or at least every free minute available. Quite sad, really. You wonder what they would have done with the same time a few short years ago, before advent of the web or forums such as Topix.
Yeah,yeah, some say "it's just for entertainment.." , but for many it goes beyond that- the way soap operas were used by many women vicariously-,placing themselves in the narrative - giving 'meaning' to a otherwise 'dull life'.
I agree- They don't remember what they could have if they made the effort to live OFF line ~

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree- They don't remember what they could have if they made the effort to live OFF line ~
I had a lot to say about this...it is what it is though...so...I will just say...

Have a great day to any and all that happen to wander through this mountain pass!

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a lot to say about this...it is what it is though...so...I will just say...
Have a great day to any and all that happen to wander through this mountain pass!
Well, say it(write), say it!! We wanna know :)

Hopin ' yer day's been a pleasant one, Lass...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Always GOOD to see YOU (((((Annie))))))) Glad to pass through this pathway~ Aren't the leaves starting to look lovely ?(c:

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Always GOOD to see YOU (((((Annie))))))) Glad to pass through this pathway~ Aren't the leaves starting to look lovely ?(c:
They turning up by you already? Still another 2 weeks till we get much colour here, just the Birch are starting to yellow.

We'll keep this little place alive:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, say it(write), say it!! We wanna know :)
Hopin ' yer day's been a pleasant one, Lass...
Oh Senecus...I am just disappointed in a few people that I thought was willing to bridge the gap between sides. I think it is time for me to lose that ideology...just won't or maybe can not happen. I don't like living in a world that is so divided. You see it everywhere.

Just a bit sad I suppose...

Bridging the gap...meeting in the middle...no one side having to always walk the complete distance. Silly thought isn't it...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning...

I am just now beginning to see a bit of color. There are maple tree surrounding my balcony...beautiful vibrant colors in the fall...almost as if I am sitting in a tree house.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Peeking in (c:

Our leaves are at 40% turned~
Tree house? What a lovely visualization~

I am not awake all the way yet-

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey....I forgot about this place....How R U all doing?

Deb....

Jack....

AJ.....

Where is Educator?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Deb....
Jack....
AJ.....
Where is Educator?
We is good...no name calling...yet...no trash talk...yet...you know Deb and Senecus though...it won't be long!

Just kidding...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
We is good...no name calling...yet...no trash talk...yet...you know Deb and Senecus though...it won't be long!
Just kidding...
Naughty Lass :)

BTW, "Deb and Senecus" had a little meet up couple of months ago, so 'we's cool'

;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Deb....
Jack....
AJ.....
Where is Educator?
Hiya Ep,

And travelling mercies for ya, just stay clear of D.C.

:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Senecus...I am just disappointed in a few people that I thought was willing to bridge the gap between sides. I think it is time for me to lose that ideology...just won't or maybe can not happen. I don't like living in a world that is so divided. You see it everywhere.
Just a bit sad I suppose...
Bridging the gap...meeting in the middle...no one side having to always walk the complete distance. Silly thought isn't it...
What won't happen is a world free of ideologues ; as with the poor, in this world you'll always have them. That aside, writing as one who seeks the Master's ways, I'd like to take for granted those who claim the same would allow His spirit to work in convicting others of transgression, not they themselves acting as "God's Agents of Eternal Justice", but alas...there are many that do. Pride would hinder them to admit it, but they're out of His will, and acting through their own human frailties.

It's really not much more complicated than that.

I find most instances of "Christians Behaving Badly" 'round these parts fall into one of three categories-

a) They're really not believers.(Yeah I hear it "..No True Scotsman!..." fallacy, but I think ya know what I mean. Let's face it, every 'group' has its posers.)

b) They're 'lukewarm' or backslidden.

c) They've bought into some extra-biblical dogma and hence "hammer away dogmatically".

You've noticed I've mentioned nothing of "the other side" (I take it meaning all who are non-Christian). Though I suffer from the frailties as all in this world at times will, I can't answer for all belief 'sub-divisions' of humanity - only that which I'm acquainted.

Hope this little bit helps some my friend :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep,yep !

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Ep,
And travelling mercies for ya, just stay clear of D.C.
Hey Jack.....Yea...too much fighting and pointing fingers there (D.C.)

Hey kinda like WSJLM

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mosinee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 6 hr Be a Murican 7,032
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Tue Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 31 BOBBY 452
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Kenneth Juedes (Jan '07) Apr '14 Citizen 9
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45
Fire starts as bride and groom are pronounced wed Apr '14 weird 1

Search the Mosinee Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Marathon County was issued at August 21 at 4:50AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Mosinee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mosinee People Search