New treatment could relieve back pain

May 14, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wausau Daily Herald

“My wife noticed I didn't groan one night when I got up to get a glass of water”

A new, surgery-free option for treating herniated disks appears to help some patients with back problems become pain-free. Called spinal decompression, the treatment allows material to be drawn back inside the ... via Wausau Daily Herald

Comments
41 - 50 of 50 Comments Last updated May 30, 2007
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

I will give you a hint. I was so stupid back then when I needed more money for chiro college I actually went to my local small town banker. I really thought that was what you were suppossed to do. He said he would loan me the money but he suggested I do something else with it. I did and have made more money each year and it has been 20 plus years. I was not going to brag but I just couldn't help it.
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

I just told my wife I would like chiropractic loser printed on my tombstone. She said if she ever heard the word chiropractic out of my mouth again it could be arranged. I had better lay low for a while.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

http://www.chirobase.org/04Ads/brochures.html
What's the text book chiropractic response to this criticizing, of chiropractors by chiropractors !

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

Here is another reason to think twice before you see a "doctor" of chiropractic, http://www.chirobase.org/12Hx/hr76.html

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

http://www.chiroandosteo.com/content/15/1/7

Well it seems that this "new" treatment , called by different names, the Vax D, the VAX9000 , etc etc, just cannot do what they claim it can do, no big surprise.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

it is neither "new", nor is it miraculous, in fact it apparantly has been around "for decades" and is less effective than more "mainstream medical" treatments. But then again, chiro's who sell the use of the VAX D ,or the DRX900, by whatever name they use this month, do not want YOU to know this is a unproven technique, not when they can charge you upwards of $10,000 for the hope that it will be able to treat your back pain. Next time , just go to your family doctor,ie, an MD.
The MD may not have all the answers, but I'd rather be told the truth,( "we do not have all the answers")rather than an expensive lie ( "sure we can fix anything 'cuase we do not use drugs or surgery " )or "lets try this "new" therapy, oh by the way that'll be $10,000 please"....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

http://www.chirobase.org/06DD/vaxd/australian...

by whatever name- it does not do what the "sellers" claim. And be careful when "they " tell you it is covered by insurance, most likely it is not.
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

lawman, you are so cool. Can you get me a big white hat like yours? One that will make old fatboy crap his diapers.
Dr Lam

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

So my opinion has some backing other than being Chiropractor. I also have a master degree in pharmacology. There is too much evidence to show you chiropractic has research that it works! Here is one article refence:
Bronfort G, Haas M, Evans RL, Bouter LM. Efficacy of spinal manipulative therapy for low back and neck pain: a systematic review and best evidence synthesis. Spine J, 2004; 4:335-56.
Head of the research department at Western States Chiropractic College could give hundreds of articles at mhaas@wschiro.edu if you want. Not that peer review journals would alter your opinion. Maybe this statement will. You meantioned PT working. So chiropractic uses the same concept of manipulation. There are five grade of manipulation and chiropractic uses the last stage.
I have spent nine years of education to help people and I am insulted by your blind statements

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

CHIROPRACTORS, not Medical Doctors, wrote this article ( true there were a couple of Ph D's in the title, but just what the PhD was earned in is not explained- could be a PhD from the "LaLowLa Night and Correspondence School of Sheet-Metal Fabrication and Chiropractic Arts)( and then again it could be a PhD from a respected University- we just do not know) and this study was NOT subject to the standard double-blind protocols , meaning to the nonscientific reader - the results are NOT objective , they are subjective.
Beside that- look at the scope of the study- lower back pain treatment by Mobilization and Manipulation.
No One has EVER heard me "rant" against these modalities, because they are not chiropractic per se, these modalities are not "alternative " medicine, in fact this is mainstream stuff.
I have NO issue with mainstream , proven modalities. I have said here ,any number of times ,I have no issue with chiro's who limit their practice to the areas in this study.
But I do have just a small issue with treating ear aches and diabetes, for example- I could go on for about 75 different conditions chiro's claim to treat - or "co-manage" as they like to say- with a chiropractic adjustment. If you do this type of chiropractic, you should not feel insulted, you should feel ashamed. If you treat diabetics- for diabetes- with a chiropractic adjustment - then you are a QUACK too.
If you do not , why on earth are you defending these CROOKS in your own ranks?
One HUGE problem with chiropractic is the tolerance, nay tacit approval, of QUACK ChiropracTIC- that is evidenced by the deafening silence in your profession regarding the outright quacks of all description that proliferate under the chiropracTIC bush.
I will not apologize for attacking quackier, and invite you my good doctor to not just stand there- do something to clean up your own house- get rid of the ionic foot bath salesmen using the title "doctor" to bilk millions of dollars from people who just do not know any better, and would not dream of challenging anyone with the title "doctor".
Why would you tolerate a quack in your own profession , unless you do not think they are quacks?
So doctor - do you "believe" in the subluxation?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mosinee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 8 hr Be a Murican 7,032
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Tue Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 31 BOBBY 452
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday' (Apr '10) Jun '14 Truths 7,725
Kenneth Juedes (Jan '07) Apr '14 Citizen 9
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45

Search the Mosinee Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Marathon County was issued at August 21 at 4:50AM CDT

•••
•••
Mosinee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mosinee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000