New treatment could relieve back pain

May 14, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wausau Daily Herald

“My wife noticed I didn't groan one night when I got up to get a glass of water”

A new, surgery-free option for treating herniated disks appears to help some patients with back problems become pain-free. Called spinal decompression, the treatment allows material to be drawn back inside the ... via Wausau Daily Herald

Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated May 30, 2007
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dr Eben Davis

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

I have achieved similar outcomes at my San Fracisco spinal decompression center. Yes, there are no double blind studies to support the actual results, but it is still a great tool. The thing is, either it works or it does not work. As far as I know there are no cases of the machine causing permanent damage or making someone worse. So, it is very safe. And, it is my understanding that double blind studies are being done right now.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

chiropractic has been claiming that "someone- somewhere, is doing double blind studies right now, we are just waiting for the results."..
well we are still waiting , and will be forever, chiroville does not publish the results of these "studies" when the study does not support the chiropractic claim, and because the study never does, there are never any studies published . So we wait and wait and wait .
In the meantime chiropractic rips off millions every year , fixing the nonexistent subluxation, that still - after 110 years cannot be established to exist.
fatman

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

A major Canadian newspaper that I receive every day advertises the Spinal Decompression as a break through procedure for back pain, and get this Lawman it is a medical office run by technicians. In reality it is nothing new to chriopractic, James Cox has for decades used a technique called flexion-distraction with significant results for disc related problems. Spinal Decompression is just a different piece of equipment to do the same thing.
And Lawman what about the physiotherapist who uses traction to treat back pain, are you demanding double blinded controlled studies from them.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

fatman, no but then PT's do not claim to cure EVERYTHING- PT's do not claim that they can "co-manage" every condition in the world. PT's limit themselves to their training for the most part. Chiro's claim to be able to cure "95%" of all illness - DDPalmer. I never heard a PT , offer free spinal screenings - or try to keep a pt in treatment 3x a week for two years after the first "report of findings", or try to sell "scare-care" to the illiterate,or assert that inoculations are a bad thing- like chiro's do, and I have NEVER heard a PT talk about the "killer subluxation". These distinctions are unique to chiropracTIC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

spinal decompression may work- but it is not chiropractic either- I just cannot stand the bold face lies and exaggerations that chiro's engage in. Like they can treat anything other than some cases of lower back pain .

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

http://www.chirowatch.com/cw-discussions.html

Try this site for a few examples of why I think chiroville is full of nonsense and outright quacks and fakes . then argue these guys deserve public money.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

Dang lawman, you don't have to completely distroy fatboy. He won't come out to play anymore and he's lots of fun.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

http://www.ncahf.org/articles/c-d/chiro.html

Or this one if you want to read about the Manga Report, the Rand Report or the New Zealand Commision

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

the New Zealand Commission, that could neither validate nor invalidate Chiropractic, and therefor suggested the need for more study ,came out in 1980- thats right 27 years ago. Nothing has changed since - still no validation of chiropractic after 27 years of being told " get studies done before you claim this stuff works".
So Chiros just continue to claim "it works"... sure, and my aunt Mabel can read tea leaves.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

There will always be another fatboy , there is always someone out there preaching the word of chiropracTIC. Why? can you say "MONNNNEY" ?
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

Oh my, the stake through the heart.
fatman

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

Bhah, blah, blah... just more ranting and raving, not to mention your little side kick Jimmy Boy putting his 2 cents worth.
Your a fool to think that you are getting objectivity from the sites you quote, ChiroWatch speaks for itself in its delusional interpretations of chiropractic. As for NCAHF let me quote you a passage from a book I have on healthcare in Canada, "It should be noted that the National Council Against Health Fraud is more smoke than fire, a noisy self-justifying lobby operating from an office that is not much more than a glorified mail-drop in a Peabody, Massachusetts, industrial park. The organization disputes claims that its roots were with American Medical Association's Committee on Quackery. established in 1963, and that it gets funds from Big Pharma. Despite the notable lack of distinction of this organization's most loquacious and ubiquitous speakers, chiropractic critics invariably quote it as an authority."
fatman

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

And what about the Magna Report. An unbias study by a renowned health economist showing the cost effectiveness of chiropractic.
This time stay with the topic and try to pull yourself into the 21st century and not quote DD or BJ Palmer.
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

Fatboy, I think I am starting to feel you sweat.
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

loquacios and ubiquitous ? Dang fatboy I wish I could spell like you.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

"the Manga Report" as you call it was scientific trash. It is discussed in the link I provided, supra.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

"As for NCAHF let me quote you a passage from a book I have..."
And the name and author of the book is...?
Fatman

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

Squandering Billions, written by Gary Bannerman and Don Nixdorf
Fatman

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

It easy to take pot-shots at any study, any first year science student is taught how to critic a study. Pran Magna was given the assignment to do the study by the Ministry of Health in the province of Ontario, he had, at the time, no affliation or ties with chiropractic.Pran Magna is considered a world renown health economist and to call his work "scientific trash" is another absurd comment. Pran Magna states that "since 1993 , no one has convincingly contridicted my methodology or my findings. We researched all of the literature. There are many dozens of studies that show improved outcome from chriropractic care over medical doctors, for the same condition, and patients are invariably more satified with chiropractic management of musculoskeletal conditions. Not one study - anywhere in the world - not one ever, shows the reverse"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mosinee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 9 hr Be a Murican 7,032
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Tue Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 31 BOBBY 452
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday' (Apr '10) Jun '14 Truths 7,725
Kenneth Juedes (Jan '07) Apr '14 Citizen 9
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45

Search the Mosinee Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Marathon County was issued at August 21 at 4:50AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Mosinee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mosinee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE