Whatever Happened To: Sylvia Seegrist

Whatever Happened To: Sylvia Seegrist

There are 59 comments on the WCAU-TV Bala Cynwyd story from Jun 14, 2006, titled Whatever Happened To: Sylvia Seegrist. In it, WCAU-TV Bala Cynwyd reports that:

Just over 20 years ago, Sylvia Seegrist went on a wild shooting rampage at a local mall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCAU-TV Bala Cynwyd.

“Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Right”

Since: Dec 08

Upper Darby

#23 May 13, 2009
She's still in a home, I'm sure. The case itself is far too infamous for her to ever be let out of "prison", if that's what you want to call it. The local press would be so all over it if they did ever put her "back out on the street" that you'd hear about it instantly.
Unfortunately, it takes an extreme act of violence to guarantee that someone who's mentally ill stays off the streets. "AWWW, but ain't that America, for you & me".

Since: Jun 09

Lebanon, PA

#24 Jun 12, 2009
what town did she live in

Upper Darby

#25 Jun 12, 2009
Springfield, I think.

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#26 Jun 16, 2009
SeanK wrote:
She's still in a home, I'm sure. The case itself is far too infamous for her to ever be let out of "prison", if that's what you want to call it. The local press would be so all over it if they did ever put her "back out on the street" that you'd hear about it instantly.
Unfortunately, it takes an extreme act of violence to guarantee that someone who's mentally ill stays off the streets. "AWWW, but ain't that America, for you & me".
So on that note... let's delve into the "money is influence" factor and ask the bad bad question.. would they release john e dupont prior to sylvia.
Lucy

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Jun 18, 2009
DuPont would get out first..without a doubt.
reney

Chesterfield, MO

#29 Jul 20, 2009
I only want to know about her if she gets released! Too close to home.

Upper Darby

#30 Jul 20, 2009
reney wrote:
I only want to know about her if she gets released! Too close to home.
She'll never get out. To infamous. If she was a "nobody", they'd just give her some clean clothes, a little cash, and just dump her at the 69th St. Terminal. Or Center City on some steam grate.
J Seegrist

Salt Lake City, UT

#31 Aug 26, 2009
I'm related to her, but im not sure what happened to her
J Seegrist

Salt Lake City, UT

#32 Aug 26, 2009
im pretty sure that she is doing community service though
Sydney

Morrisville, PA

#33 Oct 9, 2009
SeanK wrote:
Springfield, I think.
No I'm pretty sure she lived in the apts. in Crum Lynne.
Lucy

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Oct 13, 2009
Here is a good story about her.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1448...

Upper Darby

#35 Oct 14, 2009
Sydney wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm pretty sure she lived in the apts. in Crum Lynne.
Wasn't her mom from Springfield? Honestly, I forget, it was so long ago.
Lucy

Philadelphia, PA

#36 Oct 14, 2009
SeanK wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't her mom from Springfield? Honestly, I forget, it was so long ago.
It is my understanding she was born in Crum Lynne and then lived in Springfield with her mother.
Was there

Philadelphia, PA

#37 Oct 26, 2009
You would not have been shot if you were in the Magic pan restaurant. I know because I was there. No plate glass window at the Pan was shot out. I really was there. I had been a manager at a store in the mall and was at the Pan visiting my friends who work there. The Asst GM and I watched it from that very plate glass window.
Was there

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Oct 26, 2009
Also, she was from Springfield, I went to school at SHS with her. Actually she was a year ahead of me. My best friend lived next door to her. I knew her before the incident and, ironically was there and witnessed it. WOW! memories.
TJones

Walkerton, IN

#39 Dec 14, 2009
Just me wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the then teenagers who were implicated in the torturing death of Sylvia Likens in 1965 in Indiana? I heard that Mrs. Banizewski, the care taker died of lung cancer, but what of the others - Paula, John, Stephanie Banizewski, and Coy Hubbard?
If you google Sylvia Likens you will find a lot of info about her story. The 3 teenagers moved on with thier lives shortly after thier convictions. It's such a sad sad story.
htrre

Blackwood, NJ

#41 Dec 18, 2009
shes actually in the mental institution in montgomery county
Fatima West

College Park, MD

#42 Jan 8, 2010
Does anyone recall that a precious toddler was killed that day his name was Recife' I was a young teen and friends with his big sister, it was devastating, that beautiful child lost his life for nothing.
cssgirl

Robins, IA

#43 Jan 9, 2010
voltaire wrote:
Sylvia is incarcerated. You can search on Google to answer your question; the Court TV Web site has an extensive story about her. She lived across the street from me and was was a very sad person--sexually and physically abused as a child, diagnosed with schizophrenia as a teen, and then permitted to "slip through the cracks" over and over, despite frightening behavior (some of which I witnessed) and many threats. Sad to say, the night she committed the mayhem at the Springfield Mall, I was supposed to meet a friend at the Magic Pan for dinner. We had a weekly dinner date there. For some reason he didn't want to go that night, and he couldn't articulated it, so we stayed home at his place...and whatever we were watching on TV was soon interrupted for a special news bulletin. We sat on the sofa holding hands, absolutely stunned. We would have been among the injured or dead: she shot right through the plate glass window where we usually sat in the cocktail lounge. We didn't feel afraid, just very very sad. And lucky that my friend had such good intuition.
What the HELL are you talking about? Sylvia Likens was a young girl who was tortured and murdered. You sound like a complete idiot!
Ellen

Furlong, PA

#44 Jan 11, 2010
People are talking about 2 different criminals. Sylvia Likens and Sylvia Seegrist. Read the posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alleged Delco Nostra leader waives preliminary ... (Nov '08) May 20 AIPAC mohels 73
News CAIR To Bring Its Message Of Illiberal Islamism... Apr 25 Gayber Hood 4
Utility Cable Blocking/In Front of Light At Bal... Apr '17 blockedlight 1
Passing of a Hall of Fame Swarthmore HS legend-... Mar '17 Anonymous 2
Loretta stasky Dec '16 Oldfriend52 1
News 10 Best Values in U.S. Colleges, 2017 Dec '16 clear focus now m... 1
Teenagers out of control in CH (Aug '09) Dec '16 Ren 20

Morton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morton Mortgages