Daley promises to fight to keep handgun ban

Mayor Richard Daley was adamant Friday about Chicago's intention to defend its handgun ban in court, despite news that a second area suburb was likely to repeal its ordinance next week. Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
jmac

Mundelein, IL

#380 Aug 5, 2008
Other than that, here's this: Sarah Brady versus Chuck Norris

http://askville.amazon.com/Sarah-Brady-Chuck -...

Excerpt:
Sarah: "Youíre a famous martial artist, why must you glorify guns? Why do you carry one? Isnít that tantamount to saying that you donít believe in your own skills?"
Chuck: "Iím a realist, Sarah. Internet legends aside, I canít kick a bullet out of the air - and I canít punch a thug 40í away. My Walker character doesnít íglorify gunsí; he recognizes that victory requires meeting force with equal or greater force."
Sarah: "Guns are evil."
Chuck:(laughs) "Why? Because they kill people? Cars, knives, gravity, hammers, and water all íkill peopleí too. Actually, thatís inaccurate. All those things have a purpose, and when misused or not respected properly, can kill people. Youíll claim that guns serve no other purpose but to kill though, right?"
Sarah: "Exactly, thank you for making my point for me."
Chuck: "You have two bodyguards with you at all times. Are they armed?"
Sarah: "Yes...but..."
Chuck: "But what? Guns are evil. They are only used to kill. Who are your guards planning to kill?"
Sarah: "Itís not like that. Iím famous and I have enemies. People want to kill me."

copied from the highlander post thx

shows the real reason behind gun control.

“If it bleeds, it leads.”

Since: Dec 07

Southwest Ranches

#381 Aug 5, 2008
jmac wrote:
Other than that, here's this: Sarah Brady versus Chuck Norris
http://askville.amazon.com/Sarah-Brady-Chuck -...
Excerpt:
Sarah: "Youíre a famous martial artist, why must you glorify guns? Why do you carry one? Isnít that tantamount to saying that you donít believe in your own skills?"
Chuck: "Iím a realist, Sarah. Internet legends aside, I canít kick a bullet out of the air - and I canít punch a thug 40í away. My Walker character doesnít íglorify gunsí; he recognizes that victory requires meeting force with equal or greater force."
Sarah: "Guns are evil."
Chuck:(laughs) "Why? Because they kill people? Cars, knives, gravity, hammers, and water all íkill peopleí too. Actually, thatís inaccurate. All those things have a purpose, and when misused or not respected properly, can kill people. Youíll claim that guns serve no other purpose but to kill though, right?"
Sarah: "Exactly, thank you for making my point for me."
Chuck: "You have two bodyguards with you at all times. Are they armed?"
Sarah: "Yes...but..."
Chuck: "But what? Guns are evil. They are only used to kill. Who are your guards planning to kill?"
Sarah: "Itís not like that. Iím famous and I have enemies. People want to kill me."
copied from the highlander post thx
shows the real reason behind gun control.
Gun control advocate is a misnomer. Actually, they want to control YOUR guns while wanting unfettered access to their own guns. Bleeding hypocrites. Every last one of them is an unprincipled, bleeding hypocrite.
Rogers Parker

Bloomington, IN

#382 Aug 5, 2008
I have heard talk Lil Dick has quite the gun collection at his summer palace in New Buffalo...Now I don't know if this is rumor or fact for there's a lot of garbage flying around these days, but if it IS true then this just proves what a reprehensible goat scrotum he really is. Just another power drunk politician feeling threatened by a potentially armed citizenry (NOT subjects)that won't bend over and spread 'em for him and his useless ilk. Of course if he doesn't possess a firearms collection of his own...well, I take it all back...he's just a goat scrotum. See you next election Dick.

“Shall NOT be infringed.”

Since: Dec 06

Phoenix, AZ.

#383 Aug 5, 2008
Rogers Parker wrote:
I have heard talk Lil Dick has quite the gun collection at his summer palace in New Buffalo...Now I don't know if this is rumor or fact for there's a lot of garbage flying around these days, but if it IS true then this just proves what a reprehensible goat scrotum he really is. Just another power drunk politician feeling threatened by a potentially armed citizenry (NOT subjects)that won't bend over and spread 'em for him and his useless ilk. Of course if he doesn't possess a firearms collection of his own...well, I take it all back...he's just a goat scrotum. See you next election Dick.
EXCELLENT!
Oooga-booga

Fremont, CA

#384 Aug 17, 2008
When I read this story, it reminds of near where I live, San Francisco. Same idiotic liberalism. It is surreal that a mayor has the gall to say what he did about the Supreme Court ruling.

Rest assured he is not acting alone, and this is not some sort of fluke. Little by little these liberal bastards are chipping away. The fact that these people keep getting elected is even more disturbing. The fact that Obama is the democrat candidate speaks volumes of how suicidal white liberals are.
Oooga-booga

Fremont, CA

#385 Aug 17, 2008
Michael Ejercito wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly babies are much less likely to shoot unarmed black men than the NYPD.
A very good example of how liberalism is a mental disorder. You sir are a complete and total waste and a danger to us all. If you are from Long Beach, then you are even more a complete and total idiot. Freekin hopeless.
Grandma

United States

#386 Aug 17, 2008
I need these dam pot holes fixed over here Daley!!!
William Hart

Northbrook, IL

#387 Aug 17, 2008
Tic wrote:
yes, that gun ban is working so well,
no drive by shootings, in like the last 10 minutes or so...
He'll most likely destroy any gun shops when Daley completely loses in the darkness of night as he did to that airport Meigsfield.

Daley doesn't care, he believe he is the King of Chicagoland
William Hart

Northbrook, IL

#388 Aug 17, 2008
What wrote:
Great Daley is going to waste more of our tax dollars fighting a SUPREME COURT ruling. What does he have against law abiding citizens owning guns for defense in their homes? Obviously the criminals already have guns. How often has a firefighter went to the home of a citizen and been confronted by an armed homeowner? I can't believe the stuff that comes out of our mayor's mouth sometimes. He will say anything to push his agenda regardless of the law of the land. I guarantee Daley's fight against this ruling will cost us millions. Daley, how about using that money to hire more cops and get the illegal guns off of the street and leaving honest law-abiding gun owners alone?
Infidel just look at Texas! They have firearms and...sorry liberal brain-fart
William Hart

Northbrook, IL

#389 Aug 17, 2008
Bob - Wheeling wrote:
How arrogant!!! I understand the mayor's frustration, but even he is not above the law.
King Daley is King of Chicago, didn't you see him breaking federal law in the darkness of night tearing down an airport called Meigsfield because he wanted to build a park there. ;)

Its no better then when King Daley beat all those who dared question the Democratic Party's War in Vietnam at the Democratic convention.

Remember King Daley the 1st famous quote for his reason for his policemen to beat anyone gathered at the convention to speak against Chicago and the Democratic Party,

"Gentlemen, get the thing straight once and for all ó the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder" - King Daley the 1st

thats an actual quote ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morton Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serpico aka Taxpayer fo Years 3 hr Sue 2
Retired police sergeant found shot dead in back... (Jun '12) Thu MP shiznit 14
Nonna gone LOL Thu MP shiznit 2
Scavo Cried Like A Baby! Wed Sue 4
MP Police/Fire have family residency rule (Jun '13) Wed Sue 18
Fagiano Diapers? (Mar '14) Tue Serpico ruined Me... 7
Poor Nonna the Enabler Tue Serpico ruined Me... 15

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 9:05AM CDT

Morton Grove Dating
Find my Match