A little help please??
Posted in the Morrow Forum
#1 Jan 22, 2013
I will be relocating back to Atlanta (not originally from there) after living in DC. I know that the summer will be here before I know it and Atlanta has changed so much since I lived there from 2004-2008. I am a 30 year old single (female) African American professional. Although I do like to get out to a happy hour or lounge once or twice a week, my club/party days are behind me. I am transitioning to a time in my life that I am interested in settling down.
Initially I would like to rent for a year, two at the most before purchasing a townhome or house.
2. House/Condo/Townhome?: No preference, but I need it to be in a nice/safe area. I have a small puppy, so I would like to have greenspace, but it is not a requirement. Would prefer a townhome though or a condo with greenspace.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): I will be working in Atlanta inner-city, and I refuse to live anywhere outside of the perimeter. Not just work reasons, but I never understood single folks that opt to live way outside of the perimeter. To each his own, just not for me
4. Children(public school vs. private): No children
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two [mix or the two, or urban]
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?[not important]
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.[clean, safe, walking distance to stores/bars, professionals]
Areas that I like are Grant Park and Virginia Highlands. When I lived there before I lived in Midtown the whole time: Northside Drive (near Walmart), Dekalb ave (near inman park and lil 5), and Ponce and Juniper (behind Georgia Terrace). I liked all 3 locations, but it was great for a 20-something. Now looking for 30-something style of livcing. Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated!!
#2 Jan 22, 2013
section 8 dont allow your pets but we stay off decatur street and I pay $60 a month and section pay the rest $900 a month.It is a real good program.
Add your comments below
|The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10)||2 hr||anybody anywhere||21,272|
|Cheating Social Worker moved to Georgia||5 hr||Forgive who for what||1|
|How come we ant got no power||5 hr||Hayden||7|
|Stay away from Hardee's: worst restaurant franc...||5 hr||Tolerman||5|
|why do blacks never win on Jeopardy game show (Jul '09)||5 hr||low wattage||143|
|Greg Burkey considering run for election (Dec '11)||Mon||Stan the man||2|
|What makes some parents fall for anti-vaccine m...||Dec 10||Pharma Dogs||6|
Find what you want!
Search Morrow Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC