Drought Flushing in New Business

There are 4 comments on the Nov 30, 2007, WXIA Atlanta story titled Drought Flushing in New Business. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A lack of rain has caused a lack of business for some sectors of Georgia's economy, but one factory in Morrow says business is booming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Gunnar Baldwin

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Glad to see you recognize a company in your back yard that is leading the nation in developing water efficient technology as well as "walking its talk!" That plant is the greenest operation of its kind in the United States and TOTO USA was recognized by EPA last year with one of its new Water Efficiency Leadership awards.
It is about time that Atlanta wakes up to the huge water waste that exists downtown as well as in its sprawl. I have witnessed several downtown hotels using 5+ gallon toilets and very wasteful showers in their rooms. This drought ought to convince people that they should value water a little more. But we still are paying far less that the cost of supplying it! When water (and the collection and treatment of wastewater) rates are raised to enable the full cost of these services including the depreciation of all the infrastructure that was funded with tax money, then the small amount we spend to make these most important seats in our homes more efficient will seem like a no brainer!
Virgil

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Nov 30, 2007
This whole business is going down the drain...
Vincent Stewart

Marietta, GA

#4 Dec 5, 2007
You should check out Caroma Dual Flush, their dual flush toilets average less than 1 gallon per flush if you have 4 liquid to 1 solid. They come from Australia, the second driest continent. Atlantawatersolutions.com
Onesmallvoice

Marietta, GA

#5 Dec 7, 2007
My husband and I went looking at the big box home fix-it stores to replace our toilets when our community offered a rebate for replacing old toilets. We were very disappointed with the selection of effecient toilets these stores were offering. My husband went on-line, found TOTO toilets and bought locally for less than the big box stores were selling. We are very pleased with the performance and looking forward to seeing what our water bill will be next month. We had no idea we were buying a top-of- the-line toilet but I have since read nothing but good things about this company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 9 min WACCO 21
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 11 min Red_Dragon 10
Bruce Jenner good or bad 7 hr Elmer 1
Uber in Atlanta..Are you an uberX driver? Is it... (Nov '13) 11 hr LegalOne777 65
POINTE SOUTH MIDDLE 11yrs ago.... (Jul '10) 12 hr Porsha 6
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 12 hr Steven Gorum 259
Will do anything...desperate of $1000 cash now! (Apr '13) 14 hr Gene Santore 113
More from around the web

Morrow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]