Review: Atlanta Pain Clinic - Ash Vya...

Review: Atlanta Pain Clinic - Ash Vyas MD

Posted in the Morrow Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
the man in pain

Norcross, GA

#1 May 16, 2010
he does not listen to anything you have to say. eh will insult you in an instant. he will treat you like dirt. the medical board needs to take away his license. do not go to this doctor
Anon

Stockbridge, GA

#3 Aug 6, 2010
the man in pain wrote:
he does not listen to anything you have to say. eh will insult you in an instant. he will treat you like dirt. the medical board needs to take away his license. do not go to this doctor
The only way to bring a stop to this type of unprofessional disregard is to report them to the Medical Board.
A Good Doctor

Smyrna, GA

#4 Sep 10, 2010
the man in pain wrote:
he does not listen to anything you have to say. eh will insult you in an instant. he will treat you like dirt. the medical board needs to take away his license. do not go to this doctor
NOT true! Dr. Vyas is respectful and honest. To suggest that he should lose his license because you don't like his demeanor is really irresponsible. I've been a patient for about two years and Dr. Vyas has been extremely professional and attentive to my needs. He's considerate and listens, he never pushes me into doing any kind of treatment that I consider inappropriate. He's also referred me to other specialists who have been very helpful.
In comparison to most pain management practices where patients rarely get to see the doctor and instead have to see a PA or RN, Dr. Vyas sees each patient personally and gives them his undivided attention. Moreover, I have never experienced a single error or anything -- and I cannot say that for my previous pain management doctor. Other practices have patients wait hours past their appointment times and are consistently inconsiderate of their patient's schedules -- again, I rarely have to wait for Dr. Vyas and the times he is behind it is always less than an hour wait (my prior doctor would regularly have patients waiting for 2-3 hours). Finally, the staff is kind and professional. They even inform me when he is running behind. I recommend Dr. Vyas and wouldn't go to a MD that I don't trust with my life.
Anon

United States

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Well you must be one of the lucky few that doesn't have insurance issues and aren't on Suboxone treatment- My wait time was 2 hours- and I was told that I was "not a priority" I heard nothing but complaints in the waiting room every single time I was there- His office staff are less than professional and seemed hardly educated.
Are we talking about the same man? Did he ask you to put up this review? I wouldn't put it past him.
Good luck to you-
A Good Doctor

United States

#6 Sep 12, 2010
Anon wrote:
Well you must be one of the lucky few that doesn't have insurance issues and aren't on Suboxone treatment- My wait time was 2 hours- and I was told that I was "not a priority" I heard nothing but complaints in the waiting room every single time I was there- His office staff are less than professional and seemed hardly educated.
Are we talking about the same man? Did he ask you to put up this review? I wouldn't put it past him.
Good luck to you-
So now you are indicting and insulting me. Wow. What a surprise. As a matter of fact, you are wrong. Apparently you only went to him once as you reference a single visit with a two hour delay, which isn't a reflection of the kind of treatment I've received for years. New patients always have to wait in any practice, so get a clue. Many doctors only see new patients once a day month so they all can wait together. If this was your experience, welcome to America and American medicine. If you want to talk about your other experiences, that's fine too. However, do NOT come at me sideways or accuse me of being an addict after YEARS OF PAIN THAT DR VYAS HELPS MANAGE. Out of anyone, I was injured by another doctor and I know what it's like to receive improper care. No doctor should be in fear because of patients like you. People like you, who say he should lose his license because he ran late or because of your assessment of his office staff, make legitimate patients who have REAL harm done to them suffer. What a shame. Geez, I've seen several pain management doctors and I still had to google suboxone. Obviously you are bitter because you are an addict trying to doctor shop and it didn't fly with Dr Vyas. Get help--you clearly need it.
Not a one time patient

United States

#7 Sep 12, 2010
I did not go this "Dr" only once- I went to him for a year- I was not a new patient- I was a suboxone patient, and since when does being a suboxone patient mean that I should be treated any differently than any other paying patient? Thank goodness this is America- I have the freedom to speak my opinion about this so called "Dr" and the way he and his staff treated me and others. I never said this man should lose his license for running late or because of his office staff- He should lose it because he is in the business of making money NOT helping people. I have plenty of proof to back of that claim- and not just my own proof but other patients who are coming forward.... Yes I am an addict- I was looking for help- This man did not give it to me- I was NOT Dr. shopping- Who Dr shops for Suboxone? I would suggest anyone looking for help with their addiction NOT go to this man for treatment- Reason: He told me I was stupid for wanting to get off Suboxone- Wow- does that sound like a professional trying to help someone? This man knows that patients should NOT be on Suboxone indefinitely- but for the sake of making money he will keep his patients on the drug- He does not deserve to be called Dr. What happened to the oath he took?
A Good Doctor

Smyrna, GA

#8 Sep 13, 2010
So...let me get this straight. First you said that lower priority patients, like someone who is stabilized on Suboxone, should be seen before people with emergent issues or others with serious problems. The fact is, no matter your appointment time or whatever, sick people and emergencies are a higher priority so those patients do take precedence. If you had an emergency, you'd want it that way too. Also, you would be the first to criticize a doctor who ignored an emergency to take a stable, re-check type patient. It's not about "suboxone", it's about patient needs.
Next you say that, despite your prior complaints about his staff and his bedside manner, etc. that your REAL complaint is that the doctor earns money. No one works for free. No one. Do you give away your livelihood? I don't think so. Doctors have every right to earn a living, they certainly have major financial obligations after years of school. Finally, you indict Dr. Vyas integrity by saying that he's only keeping you on Suboxone for the money. FYI-out of concern for my liver health and so I can have a better quality of life (free of monthly doctor visits), I decided that I wanted to learn how to cope with my pain differently. Dr Vyas is the ONLY pain management doctor who was willing to help me reduce my meds with the goal of completely stopping. He cut my dose in half within a couple of months and within another year, I can choose to stop entirely if I want to do so. So, your accusation that Dr. Vyas keeps patients on drugs in a manner that's contrary to their interests in order to make more money is again, NOT! Accurate. And my meds and office time cost WAY more than suboxone therapy (you aren't paying $2k per month for suboxone now are you?).
You are just a bitter person trying to destroy someone who was kind enough to take you as a patient and try to help you. Seriously, stop trying to destroy good people who help you and instead use that energy to improve your life. Your behavior is doing nothing good for you or anyone else. I've never had anyone critique my review or engage me in such a hateful attack on a third party. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish but I'm done. Good luck to you.
Sick of Druggies

Atlanta, GA

#9 Oct 16, 2010
Funny how an addict defines ther habbit as pain mainagement. O this doctor is just a dealer.
Agree Sick of Druggies

Stockbridge, GA

#10 Oct 17, 2010
In my opinion Dr. Vyas is a drug pusher- Haven't you seen the Dateline shows on "Pain Management" Clinics?
It is a conflict of interest for him to practice "Pain Management" and then say he is trying to help people get off those same drugs he is pushing! This man needs to be shut down... He is arrogant, selfish and is downright rude to women. That may be the culture in the country where he came from but it doesn't fly here in this country. Good riddance....
Dectective Turner JR

Plainville, GA

#11 Nov 18, 2010
I am working on shutting him down good folks, I give you my word we cant have doctors like this pushing drugs to people and making all the money they do with out giving me a cut on the profit.. I smell MONEY....you can contact me at morrow PD
So thats what it is

Paintsville, KY

#12 Nov 18, 2010
At least you admitted you are out for money nice to know Mr.Turner. This should help with my case aginst you. Thanks
Corruption

Paintsville, KY

#13 Nov 18, 2010
You have one of the most corrupt police departments I have ever seen in my life.
exactly

Virgie, KY

#14 Nov 19, 2010
I agree you are corrupt and need to be out of office.
Attorney

Atlanta, GA

#16 May 19, 2011
If you know anything about Officer Turner, please let me know. Apparently, there is an investigation underway now regarding some arrests that he made that were later dismissed.

Thank you.
bkB

Bonaire, GA

#18 May 24, 2011
Great Doc
hey

Paintsville, KY

#19 May 24, 2011
Attorney wrote:
If you know anything about Officer Turner, please let me know. Apparently, there is an investigation underway now regarding some arrests that he made that were later dismissed.
Thank you.
Are u really an attorney if so I need your help I have been served papers because i would not give up my money. I did nothing wrong I had not pills or prescriptions on me had not seen the doctor or anything just got pulled over coming out of the parking lot.
garepresent

Conyers, GA

#21 May 1, 2012
A Good Doctor wrote:
So...let me get this straight. First you said that lower priority patients, like someone who is stabilized on Suboxone, should be seen before people with emergent issues or others with serious problems. The fact is, no matter your appointment time or whatever, sick people and emergencies are a higher priority so those patients do take precedence. If you had an emergency, you'd want it that way too. Also, you would be the first to criticize a doctor who ignored an emergency to take a stable, re-check type patient. It's not about "suboxone", it's about patient needs.
Next you say that, despite your prior complaints about his staff and his bedside manner, etc. that your REAL complaint is that the doctor earns money. No one works for free. No one. Do you give away your livelihood? I don't think so. Doctors have every right to earn a living, they certainly have major financial obligations after years of school. Finally, you indict Dr. Vyas integrity by saying that he's only keeping you on Suboxone for the money. FYI-out of concern for my liver health and so I can have a better quality of life (free of monthly doctor visits), I decided that I wanted to learn how to cope with my pain differently. Dr Vyas is the ONLY pain management doctor who was willing to help me reduce my meds with the goal of completely stopping. He cut my dose in half within a couple of months and within another year, I can choose to stop entirely if I want to do so. So, your accusation that Dr. Vyas keeps patients on drugs in a manner that's contrary to their interests in order to make more money is again, NOT! Accurate. And my meds and office time cost WAY more than suboxone therapy (you aren't paying $2k per month for suboxone now are you?).
You are just a bitter person trying to destroy someone who was kind enough to take you as a patient and try to help you. Seriously, stop trying to destroy good people who help you and instead use that energy to improve your life. Your behavior is doing nothing good for you or anyone else. I've never had anyone critique my review or engage me in such a hateful attack on a third party. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish but I'm done. Good luck to you.
This may be old but a dr calling a patient stupid is ridiculous and then telling them they need suboxone indefinently get a clue at the time of this post suboxone was still BRAND ONLY i was on it and it costs about 300$+ for 60 tablets the doctors get crazy kickbacks for using drugs that are NEW and have NO GENERIC because they are so expensive so yes the dr makes huge kickbacks off prescribing drugs like this.....obviously he's your messiah
Chuck

Smiths Station, AL

#22 Jul 19, 2012
Hello everyone. Let me add my two cents to this issue. Personally, I think he is a great doctor. I went to him for about two years before I moved away. Had trememdous issues with pain and he was very helpful. IN FACT he loaded me up with free samples several times when I did not have the money to pay for the medication so there goes the theory that he is only out for money. My only complaint would be that there was sometimes a long wait but, in reality, there is often a long wait for any doctor these days and those in the pain management business often find emergencies from patients taking overdoses and such. I am not a paid shill and since I don't go to him anymore since I moved there is absolutely nothing that he can do for me so this is strictly a former patient saying he is a really good, kind person and an excellent physisican.
In fact, people in pain often make the very worst patients. You are not very patient, usually deep anger and resentments have built up because you are in pain and it's just not fair that you have to suffer so. I know was was there and I'm there still. But look at it fairly and give the man a break. He's a good guy.
Polyanna

Fairburn, GA

#23 Jul 28, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to bring a stop to this type of unprofessional disregard is to report them to the Medical Board.
I did and they have not acknowledged the complaint or did a darn thing.
Chuck

Auburn, AL

#24 Jul 28, 2012
Actually, I am thinking about making the trip back to see him. Don't have his address or phone however. Is he still in the same location and what is the phone if anyone knows it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VOTER suppression: WHO's going to JAIL. For 48 min Doravillian 23
SNL skit of Kanye West at White House a message... 4 hr Sue 7
News Georgia Democrat Abrams charges GOP opponent Ke... 9 hr DIane 4
Shame on Republican Georgia Nominee stopping Vo... 10 hr Johnny 19
Suggestions for skin whitening products for Bla... 12 hr Kumbaya 9
prositution in atlanta 15 hr Bill 31
Ti and Harvey Weinstein Sat Jesus 1

Morrow Jobs

Personal Finance

Morrow Mortgages