Sensitive Documents Trashed

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

Sensitive documents were found in a trash dumpster behind a strip shopping center in Morrow.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16

Since: Aug 07

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

Nothing the police could do, huh? Even if a crime wasn't committed, at least he could have taken possession of the papers, it's called being active policing and being proactive. What if the retailer that discovered these documents had not been kind enough to secure them and some unscrupulous person used them to commit identity theft? Sometimes I have no use for the police.
Law Patrol

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

Well done Mr. Nick Campbell. You are to be commended for your actions. In my opinion, you are an up-standing citizen, with much concern for the welfare of other citizens. The Cop that did respond to your call had absolutely no duty or responsibility for dealing with the documents, but on the other hand, he could have been of some help in retrieving them from the dumpster. Thanks a million for taking the time to consider the consequences that could have occured, had you not acted.
Troll

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

Is not the purpose of law enforcement to engage in crime prevention as well as crime detection. Maybe my understanding of the roll of law enforcement is completely wrong after all these years. Technically a crime was not committed, but obviously by seizing that information a lot of potentially serious could have been easily prevented. I'm not sure what to make if this incident.
Law Patrol

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

Troll wrote:
Is not the purpose of law enforcement to engage in crime prevention as well as crime detection. Maybe my understanding of the roll of law enforcement is completely wrong after all these years. Technically a crime was notcommitted, but obviously by seizing that information a lot of potentially serious could have been easily prevented. I'm not sure what to make if this incident.
http://www.dca.state.ga.us/development/resear...

Troll,
Take a look at this document. It explains in the various chapters, the responsibilities of Law Enforcement Agencies through out the State. A lot of good information.
Troll

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

I will thanks.
John in Commerce

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

The company that dumped the documents is the REAL criminal here! Stop jumping the cops.
JTB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

That Policeman needs a new job I thought they were to serve and protect I guess its just word on there car I lived in morrow for 19 years and It was good except for the last few years the neighbor broke up and we all moved away after I kids finished school the morow police wat a joke.
Tom Mahoney

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Kudos to Nick Campbell.

Apparently prevention of crime isn't within the scope of the Morrow Police Department. One can only hope that the responding officer gets some training and a repremand. I guess he hasn't heard about the $3 billion lost to credit card fraud and ID Theft last year.

Tom Mahoney, Director
Merchant911.org

Since: Sep 07

Savannah, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

that set of documents are only suggested, not in practice at all agencies.
Law Patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dca.state.ga.us/development/resear...
Troll,
Take a look at this document. It explains in the various chapters, the responsibilities of Law Enforcement Agencies through out the State. A lot of good information.
Law Patrol

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Andy In Savannah wrote:
<quoted text>
This document is compiled and published bt the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. If you care to look up the responsibility of the Department, it can be found in the State of Georgia Government web site.
Law Patrol

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Andy In Savannah wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'laws' are uniform throughout the entire State. The enforcement of the 'laws' is supposed to be uniform throughout the State. This Operations Manual refers to the Agency, which is all Law Enforcement Agencies throughout the State. On the other hand, various Rules and Regulations promulgated by the various Administrative Agencies, can and will vary depending on the local conditions; i.e., EPD watering ban in effect in north Georgia, does NOT apply in south-east Georgia. A violation of 'law' in Tunnel Hill, Georgia requires the same enforcement as the same violation of the same 'law' in St. Marys, Georgia. This Operations Manual was published by The Department of Community Affairs of Georgia, so that Law Enforcement is uniform throughout the entire State. Thats the way is is supposed to be, according to the Constitution of the State of Georgia.
Nicolas Campbell

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Well I am the guy that found the documents and what shocked me more was that the cop that showed up wanted me to dig through the dumpster and do it myself. As well as it took me about 3 hours to get the police on the phone. I called the number to the office several times and then eventually had to call 911 to see what to do about it.
Law Patrol

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Nicolas Campbell wrote:
Well I am the guy that found the documents and what shocked me more was that the cop that showed up wanted me to dig through the dumpster and do it myself. As well as it took me about 3 hours to get the police on the phone. I called the number to the office several times and then eventually had to call 911 to see what to do about it.
Nick,
If, in fact you are the real person that found and took action with the documents, congratulations. You did a very good thing indeed. Thanks

Since: Sep 07

Savannah, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

The LAWS are uniform but Policies are not, Protocals are not, Operations are not. Some agencies do not enforce laws that others do! Take for instance, gambling on video machines, WHO enforces that?? Hardly anybody!!!!!!!!!!
Law Patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'laws' are uniform throughout the entire State. The enforcement of the 'laws' is supposed to be uniform throughout the State. This Operations Manual refers to the Agency, which is all Law Enforcement Agencies throughout the State. On the other hand, various Rules and Regulations promulgated by the various Administrative Agencies, can and will vary depending on the local conditions; i.e., EPD watering ban in effect in north Georgia, does NOT apply in south-east Georgia. A violation of 'law' in Tunnel Hill, Georgia requires the same enforcement as the same violation of the same 'law' in St. Marys, Georgia. This Operations Manual was published by The Department of Community Affairs of Georgia, so that Law Enforcement is uniform throughout the entire State. Thats the way is is supposed to be, according to the Constitution of the State of Georgia.
A former applicant

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

I was signed up with Invision and was well qualified for several jobs I never got an interview for. I followed up with a friend and it was always a white girl who got the job. I have a great resume and don't like being color coded by RACE.
The cleaning company was blamed for throwing the files away. There isn't a cleaning co. because their place was a mess & I asked if I could clean it for a reduced rate & was told they've never had a cleaning co. and it wasn't in their budget. Maybe someone could look into this.
I've also heard from a friend that some of their ID's and SS # were used for other employees.
Why are they constantly changing the name of their company? Kim Singgly, the district manager has a shady past. Someone needs to look at her regarding identity theft.
Amanda

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

OMG! I use to work for that company! And for the THOUGHT of it being MY personal information not only scares me, I feel completely disrespected. I mean wow, WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING! Thanks Nick for doing the right thing, at least someone has some sense...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morrow Discussions

Search the Morrow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 17 min free 39,444
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Hanging judge 17,752
Five Reasons Why Obama Is A Good President (Jun '11) 2 hr Bill in Dville 8,171
Accident Victim Would Have Graduated (May '07) 14 hr Cousin 69
Review: Structure Sbdc 17 hr Unhappy reviewer 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
Behind the Wood/ David West Jan '14 David West 1
•••
•••

Morrow News Video

•••
•••

Morrow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morrow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE