Secure Information Left in the Open

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

It's unsettling -- scary, in fact. Hundreds of social security numbers and other personal information, sitting in a dumpster for anyone to find.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Troll

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Since the 'information' was 'left in the open', it is not 'secure'. Most of these identities are probably not worth stealing anyway. It was a low end temp. agency, not a brokerage firm.
Troll

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

But hey, keep dumpster diving - and go to jail, and leave the rest of us alone.
Get it right

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Interesting how the story changed. Before, it was reported that the police said they couldn't do anything with the files and that the guy who found them took them. Now it says the police took custody of the files...
Sean

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

OMG!!!!
I Agree they are day labor company right?
I have never heard of tem anyway but maybe this will teach everyone a lesson about how we should all take extra pre cautions!

I do not think anyone would go to jail b/c they assumed the files and there were no laws broken so just hope no one stole any of teh files before police got them, as far as the news geta life report something that is worth reporting!

Rock on dumpster divers!

Since: Sep 07

Savannah, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Sounds like it's harmless, but would you want someone to get your information and open up a credit card account or take out a loan in your name. It could ruin you! Doesn't matter if the people were homeless people, we all would pay for what happens with their credit when it's not paid! It was very irresponsible of the agency to LEAVE the records to start with!!!!!!
Jenimus Prime

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

I believe his name is spelled NIC CAMPBELL.
When all else fails

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Blame it on the cleaning crew. Typical of Kimberly..lol They were known for working illegal immigrants so hopefully the socials security numbers were fake.
Babygirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

I know for a fact Kimberly Singley's applicants are mostly illegal immigrants. It's 75% of her worker base. Kimberly allowed her staf memebers to use her own SS# number for the immigrants. That was the only way to enter them into the staffing companies system and be able to cut a check for them. Must have two forms of ID unless you have a passport. No civil suit will follow b/c of that. Kimberly also color coded her files by race. Blue files means African American, Orange files means Hispanic, all other color files Caucasian.It all has finally caught up to her. FINALLY.
Sean

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

I doubt she uses her own social security she is way too smart for that but are you jealous that she is putting people to work instead of letting people lay on their lazy ass...
Get a life baby girl?
Babygirl wrote:
I know for a fact Kimberly Singley's applicants are mostly illegal immigrants. It's 75% of her worker base. Kimberly allowed her staf memebers to use her own SS# number for the immigrants. That was the only way to enter them into the staffing companies system and be able to cut a check for them. Must have two forms of ID unless you have a passport. No civil suit will follow b/c of that. Kimberly also color coded her files by race. Blue files means African American, Orange files means Hispanic, all other color files Caucasian.It all has finally caught up to her. FINALLY.
Kimberley Singley

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Ok first let me say that myname is Kimberley Singley so lets get it right!!!
Not possible touse my socail nor would I give my informationto anyone I know how corrupt the world is.

We do not discriminate we eliminate and we are it is called organization with file folders, just look at an application it clearly ask what race you are so in order to apply for a job you must disclose this information! So you must be saying that applications is discrimination.

Please get your facts straight before you pass judgemnet, we are here to help find people a job, and with that we ask for two forms of id, as well as references and we check all of the following,before we place anyone to work as well do background check and drug screen, I mean we are to help not hurt.....

If you want the truth you will have to listen that is why God gave us two ears and only one mouth!
Also please note that the truth is that the files were discarded by the
leasing company not by us however they are our files that is why we took all the necessary steps to retrieve them and now we are in the process of getting them organized!

Including Juanita Harris's!
If you seek the truth you will find it!

Who really cares

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Can you people not just let a slow news day be a slow news day ? I really do not understand why this is being blown out of proportion let it be and leave them alone already !
Christy -friend

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

All of the negative comments from "Babygirl" & "whomever" from Marietta obviously have a personal connection to Kimberley and are out to hurt her reputation. You people make me sick. Kimberley is one of the most caring, responsible people out there. She also does NOT practice hiring illegal aliens - maybe you're illegal or maybe you just worked for her and were fired - could it be you are disgruntled? Remember 1st of all, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes they are big mistakes - her only mistake was leaving the files there to later retrieve them. Inevitably, she is still responsible, but it was an honest mistake - the management company shouldn't have even been in there until after the weekend anyway. Also, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Last time I checked, Jesus was the only perfect one that walked this earth! Now, let's all try to be adults and worry about deliberate crimes out there that actually make a difference in our lives.
Holly

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Needs to be an INVESTIGATION on this!
Lisa

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

God would of been more responsible than to allow that type of error!! Christy-friend.........Ignoran ce doesn't work in the courtroom and it does not work here! Regardless of how much you like or dislike someone, if you can not be more careful than that, you should not be in that position!!!!!THOSE PERSONNEL FILES SHOULD OF BEEN THE FIRST THING MOVED, NOT THE LAST!!!OR ALWAYS SHREDDED!!!!! THAT'S WHAT PROFESSIONALS DO!!!!!!!!!!
Related field

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

I know for a fact that Kimberly Singley had 10-15 ILLEGAL TEMPS at a company in McDonough, she gave this Company free labor for a day to try and win over the business, BTW, they were ALL hispanic with minimal english speaking skills!!!!!! So I would be certain these employees are paying TAXES! Right?
Melea

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Oh and Kimberly Singley, doing business at mark ups that are so ridiculous you are quoting 25's and 28's, just ruins it for the entire market!!!!!!!!Do not tell me you are not using illegal labor! I would not pay labor minimum wage, you should be ashamed! Please let me know when you'd like to become a professional! Perhaps you should join Me at Corporate S.
Chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Ok first of all GOD had nothing to do with this uncaring act. If you truly have GOD in your life why didn't you think about what GOD would have done in this situation. I believe you're a hypocrite. Please do not talk about something you know nothing about obviously. Just learn from this and if this not a lesson from GOD and just carma catching up with you. Please repent your sins now and mean it. Please do not disgrace Christians ever again.
AMOTHER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

WHY DON'T EVERYBODY LEAVE THIS PREGNANT WOMAN ALONE. SOMETIMES PREGNANCY HORMONES CAN CAUSE A WOMAN TO MAKE BAD DECISIONS. LET HER GO ON W/ HER LIFE FOR THE BABY'S SAKE.
Company

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Should be investigated!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Christy -friend wrote:
All of the negative comments from "Babygirl" & "whomever" from Marietta obviously have a personal connection to Kimberley and are out to hurt her reputation. You people make me sick. Kimberley is one of the most caring, responsible people out there. She also does NOT practice hiring illegal aliens - maybe you're illegal or maybe you just worked for her and were fired - could it be you are disgruntled? Remember 1st of all, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes they are big mistakes - her only mistake was leaving the files there to later retrieve them. Inevitably, she is still responsible, but it was an honest mistake - the management company shouldn't have even been in there until after the weekend anyway. Also, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Last time I checked, Jesus was the only perfect one that walked this earth! Now, let's all try to be adults and worry about deliberate crimes out there that actually make a difference in our lives.
See LISA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morrow Discussions

Search the Morrow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
State Kicks Kool Smiles in the Teeth (Aug '07) 19 min Warren Scarpecker 416
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 37 min its called responsibility 17,697
Why do black womens snatch each others weeves? 41 min Gumz McCracklins 1
wrapper cuts off his own pee pee and jumps off ... 50 min Gumz McCracklins 1
Why do black people hate Jews? (Jan '13) 52 min Gumz McCracklins 206
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 58 min WasBushStupid 39,277
Megan Hilty Set to Headline Alliance Theatre's ... 4 hr Francesco Sinibaldi 1
•••
•••

Morrow News Video

•••
•••

Morrow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morrow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE