Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Morrisville Forum

Comments (Page 1,802)

Showing posts 36,021 - 36,040 of50,117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37322
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TSF wrote:
We live in the greatest country in the World and people are pessimistic. Why? Is it because Twitt lost the election?
Would it be any different if he had won? Would our legislators still be taking bribes? Would they still be for sale to the highest bidder? Would the national debt be any less ?
I think the source of the pessimism is people not recognizing how well off they really are and wanting more instead of being thankful for what they already have. The grass may be greener somewhere else, I don't care. I like it here in these hills, in the USA.
<quoted text>
Here, here and more here.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37323
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TSF wrote:
We live in the greatest country in the World and people are pessimistic. Why? Is it because Twitt lost the election?
Would it be any different if he had won? Would our legislators still be taking bribes? Would they still be for sale to the highest bidder? Would the national debt be any less ?
I think the source of the pessimism is people not recognizing how well off they really are and wanting more instead of being thankful for what they already have. The grass may be greener somewhere else, I don't care. I like it here in these hills, in the USA.
<quoted text>
You missed my point.Even my English friends noticed the relentless barrage of bad news that the media spoons out in a kind of frenzy.The kind of news I'm talking about has nothing to do with any political party, it's just the sheer volume of bad news.Beginning to think that's went we have so many drug addicts and alcoholics in America, anything to numb oneself against the inexorable tide of bad news.This week, the Africanized bees are gonna get us.Forget that picnic boys, them fireants got something for ya! You might as well put that trip to the Everglades off as well, them boa constructors are 25 feet long there, where's the baby?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37324
Feb 27, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
Sounds like we have very similar life experiences so the difference now is perspective. I think America is still great and will be even greater in the future when we rid ourselves of the lobbyist pestilence and official corruption. GIVING all our natural resources to banks, oil, gas, mining and timber companies is a large reason for our present financial problems. Charging market value for those resources will help solve financial problems we now face.<quoted text>
I agree with you and Dr. Benjamin Carson....there are now 4 branches of Govt; The Executive, the Legislative, the Judicial, and the Special Intrest!
TSF wrote:
Welfare to the poor is a drag on our economy, welfare to the rich is sinking us. It all has to change. It will not be easy, but our people are up to the challenge.
<quoted text>
Contrary to the left's propaganda, the unemployment cuts in NC aren't hurting JUST those not working. Companies in NC are feeling the brunt of these cuts because their the ones paying off the debt to the Feds. The national avg of unemployment tax paid by businesses is $42 per employee but when NC missed the deadline in Nov, that tax within the state increased to $84 per employee. With Gov. McCrory's new unemployment cuts, NC businesses will see an increase of those taxes to $105 per employee in 2014 and $126 in 2015. In 2016, after the debt is paid, that rate will decrease to $42 per employee.
Now big companies can absorb these cost due to the larger profits but small business owners will struggle because of their tighter profit margins. That being said, a majority of small business owners agreed that the right decision was made to pay the debt ASAP and not to kick the can further down the road.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37325
Feb 27, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
I hope you do not encounter too much red tape. Let me know if I can help. I have no objection to your individual sucession, in fact I welcome it as well as your departure. You run onto your side of the ocean with the other traitors, I'll stay on my side here in the USA and help to repair our problems along with other loyal citizens of the USA.
<quoted text>
Traitors? Gladly welcome the title that my forefathers once bore when they left the tyranical rule of England.

I don't need or want your help. If I were broken down on the side of the road, please drive on by. You are far better off worrying about your own affairs, than worrying about mine.

The only thing you can do for me is make sure your check with your extra taxes doesn't bounce and is on time.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37326
Feb 27, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
We live in the greatest country in the World and people are pessimistic. Why? Is it because Twitt lost the election?
Would it be any different if he had won? Would our legislators still be taking bribes? Would they still be for sale to the highest bidder? Would the national debt be any less ?
I think the source of the pessimism is people not recognizing how well off they really are and wanting more instead of being thankful for what they already have. The grass may be greener somewhere else, I don't care. I like it here in these hills, in the USA.
<quoted text>
Compared to the rest of the world, Americans are better off, but you make it sound like a people are doing something wrong to want to be "The Jefferson's" and move on up to the East Side. It's called success, being successful, I'm sure you have added material things to your life. How did you do that, someone give it to you? Silver is not "retiring" he's changing job locations. So is Bacon, they took the skills they learned and earned, are using them to make their lives better. It's the human way.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37327
Feb 27, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
I hope you do not encounter too much red tape. Let me know if I can help. I have no objection to your individual sucession, in fact I welcome it as well as your departure. You run onto your side of the ocean with the other traitors, I'll stay on my side here in the USA and help to repair our problems along with other loyal citizens of the USA.
<quoted text>
Glad you are exercising your rights. Good for you. Glad you still can.

Forgive me if I don't buy into your team's ideology or crap. Because that is all it is. Crap. You guys peddle ideas but don't really believe in them. If you did, there wouldn't be homeless or unemployed because you guys would be curing all their ills.

Instead, you'd rather rob from my wife and I, the things we have worked for and strived for, a lifestyle of comfort that we can afford to enjoy finally. Her and I. We knew what we were signing up for when we got married and started our family. We have an opportunity for it to be her and I and you guys want to rob us only to give it away to some worthless fuck that won't work at McDonalds. How are we not to have a problem with that notion again?

GET FUCKED Democrat. Over my dead body. I gladly welcome you as my enemy so feel free to try. Anytime.

What I am befuddled by is that we disagree with one another, we are taking the peaceful solution of leaving Amercia because we disagree with your leadership and your teams ideologies and it is still not good enough...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37328
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

A new bill passing through the NC Senate aims to put the Bible back in schools. The Senator proposing the bill says it doesn't violate the separation of church and state because the college accredited course is an elective, NOT a required class. Also, the class will NOT push religion, rather teach the writings of the Bible.
An recent study showed 80% of those polled in NC agreed with the bill.
I'm sure this bill will gain national attention, especially from the Commucrats, since most from that party oppose God.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37329
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
My people got off the boat "John and Mary" 1630. They played a big part in making this country what it is and suffered everything one could imagine and I be damned money or none I wont pack up and leave. I don't give a crap how bad it gets. I'll stand my ground or die trying.
Yup...life was hard in 1630. Must of been hard in south central ocrakoke island robbing native americans of their lands.

Glad you will stand your ground. Makes for an easier target to hit when they don't move.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37330
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

exhale squeeze

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37331
Feb 28, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
We live in the greatest country in the World and people are pessimistic. Why? Is it because Twitt lost the election?
Would it be any different if he had won? Would our legislators still be taking bribes? Would they still be for sale to the highest bidder? Would the national debt be any less ?
I think the source of the pessimism is people not recognizing how well off they really are and wanting more instead of being thankful for what they already have. The grass may be greener somewhere else, I don't care. I like it here in these hills, in the USA.
<quoted text>
This post doesn't have TSF's dictition and when I look back, neither do the posts that aren't from Lillington, NC where he normally posts from. If you aren't TSF you gave it a good try and if you are, you IQ has dropped a good 10 points, The TSF from Lillington never concedes but this one has and never has he spoken of living in "these hills in the USA." Seems we have posters coming out of "these hills" on here. Well, the upside is, you got rid of Mike an AZ, so I can live with that.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37332
Feb 28, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
This post doesn't have TSF's dictition and when I look back, neither do the posts that aren't from Lillington, NC where he normally posts from. If you aren't TSF you gave it a good try and if you are, you IQ has dropped a good 10 points, The TSF from Lillington never concedes but this one has and never has he spoken of living in "these hills in the USA." Seems we have posters coming out of "these hills" on here. Well, the upside is, you got rid of Mike an AZ, so I can live with that.
Either way, we win! Silver nailed it with the "GET" statement. I guess my tolerance is over.:) How are ya? I hope things are well.

Since: Feb 13

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37333
Feb 28, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...life was hard in 1630. Must of been hard in south central ocrakoke island robbing native americans of their lands.
Glad you will stand your ground. Makes for an easier target to hit when they don't move.
If you had half as much personality as you think you have clout, you might actually be somebody.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37334
Feb 28, 2013
 
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Either way, we win! Silver nailed it with the "GET" statement. I guess my tolerance is over.:) How are ya? I hope things are well.
Have to agree Lu. Not too difficult to understand Silver and what he means. It might not be pretty, but he "GETS" his point across and I'm with you, either way my tolerance is over. Things are ok and we're just plugging along. Just like Silver, still waiting for the paperwork to all be completed and then it's time to move along from "these hills". Beauty, peace and a tranquil lifestyle is like milk "it does a body good"!!!:) Hope things are well with you!?!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37335
Feb 28, 2013
 
As if he cares and that's what drives some people crazy on here. The "Hollywood" syndrome doesn't effect Silver. He sees it as a "charcter" flaw. BTW, Silver, I looked at the US Chamber of Commerce website on Singapoor, 2% unemployment, great GDP, etc...good for you.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37336
Feb 28, 2013
 
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>If you had half as much personality as you think you have clout, you might actually be somebody.
Thanks for your insight but I will pass on it

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37337
Feb 28, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your insight but I will pass on it
Silver, couldn't agree more. Pass it on to someone that "thinks" they know what "clout" you have and if you're like me, I'm not running for office, so what people think about my personality matters very little. I know who I am, where I came from and where I'm going and if that makes me a bad person, then I'm a bad person. I've had this dream for years to move away from here and I'm cashing in on it. Just like you about you and your wife; my husband and I sacrificed, worked hard for what we have, my daughter is now an adult with a good education and job and I'm taking care of the rest of my family. It gets a little difficult at times, but I definitely see light at the end of the tunnel and I'm very excited. As I said yesterday, I'm getting on the first lifeboat off the Titanic of this country.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37338
Feb 28, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...life was hard in 1630. Must of been hard in south central ocrakoke island robbing native americans of their lands.
Glad you will stand your ground. Makes for an easier target to hit when they don't move.
Gosh, you and bacon done pissed off every dem in America, by going to better places.Jealousy, so they say, is a bitch.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37339
Feb 28, 2013
 
I think you miss the point entirely. I do not oppose your move, I am glad you have the money to do so, it is commendable that you have been frugal, industrious and lucky in business.
What pises me is your constant berating of the USA which GAVE you the opportunities you have enjoyed. Some people just cannot handle democracy because they do not understand how it works. Just move and STFU
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are exercising your rights. Good for you. Glad you still can.
Forgive me if I don't buy into your team's ideology or crap. Because that is all it is. Crap. You guys peddle ideas but don't really believe in them. If you did, there wouldn't be homeless or unemployed because you guys would be curing all their ills.
Instead, you'd rather rob from my wife and I, the things we have worked for and strived for, a lifestyle of comfort that we can afford to enjoy finally. Her and I. We knew what we were signing up for when we got married and started our family. We have an opportunity for it to be her and I and you guys want to rob us only to give it away to some worthless fuck that won't work at McDonalds. How are we not to have a problem with that notion again?
GET FUCKED Democrat. Over my dead body. I gladly welcome you as my enemy so feel free to try. Anytime.
What I am befuddled by is that we disagree with one another, we are taking the peaceful solution of leaving Amercia because we disagree with your leadership and your teams ideologies and it is still not good enough...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37340
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

TSF wrote:
I think you miss the point entirely. I do not oppose your move, I am glad you have the money to do so, it is commendable that you have been frugal, industrious and lucky in business.
What pises me is your constant berating of the USA which GAVE you the opportunities you have enjoyed. Some people just cannot handle democracy because they do not understand how it works. Just move and STFU
<quoted text>
What was "gave"? Because if it was "gave" to Silver, Bacon, YOU, and everyone else it should have been "gave" to me. So, exactly what was "gave"? I mean EXACTLY what was "gave".

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37341
Feb 28, 2013
 
MSNBC accuses president of"selling"access.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,021 - 36,040 of50,117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morrisville Discussions

Search the Morrisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dumb southerners 12 hr lexi40502 11
Review: M. Hatch Tax 17 hr PennyBilbo 1
Review: Class-Act Maid Service (May '12) Wed rolayo 3
Caddo the Clown (Aug '10) Wed Nasty Kisnazz Cotton 20
Advice about Raleigh Wed Holly 3
Review: Bolus, Michael G DDS - Michael G Bolus DDS (Nov '08) Wed Mark Wake Forest NC 9
COMMENTARY: Should Pastor Apologize for Calling... Apr 22 No Apologies Necessary 53
•••
•••
•••
•••

Morrisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morrisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••