Foreclosure sale-Kidwells Ridge RD

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Hmmmm

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 14, 2011
For all the idiots that continue to assert that the house on Kidwell's Ridge Rd is owned by Harrison Ford, Brad Spivey is losing it in a foreclosure sale on 3/31. A few million should take it...notice has been in the Tribune for a few days now.
Not So Fast

Alcoa, TN

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Hmmmm wrote:
For all the idiots that continue to assert that the house on Kidwell's Ridge Rd is owned by Harrison Ford, Brad Spivey is losing it in a foreclosure sale on 3/31. A few million should take it...notice has been in the Tribune for a few days now.
You are correct about the Harrison Ford BS.....However, I bet you it is not sold on the 3/31 as you claim, regardless of what the bank has planned! Camp out on the courthouse steps and see for yourself.

Also, a few million will not buy the garages of this house.
Hmmmm

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 14, 2011
The few million was tongue in cheek-guaranteed the bank will walk away with it and put it into the hands of a non-local realtor who specializes in properties of this magnitude. In these cases the bank almost always has to retain the property and attempt to sell it for as close to the original lien as possible. They can't sell a 7M house for 500K (although I do know he paid cash for a lot of it as he built it and this is why it took so long to build.) The original asking price was almost double what he last had it listed for so, although the law firm website does not have the lien info posted, my guess is the lien is closer to the 3-4M range as this is what he last tried to sell it for.

“Bite Me”

Since: Jul 08

Chattanooga, Tennessee

#4 Mar 14, 2011
Well, wondered when this would show up....
just me

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 14, 2011
What happened to Brad's megabucks?

“Bite Me”

Chattanooga, Tennessee

#6 Mar 14, 2011
And away we go.
Just Saying

Morristown, TN

#7 Mar 14, 2011
good ole rusty wrote:
Well, wondered when this would show up....
Doggonit, we just have to have something to gossip about and we are always a dollar short and a day late, especially when it comes to news.
Sage

Morristown, TN

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Here's the listing. Priced at just under 4 million.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1052896985--Mo...
IfIWereBrad

Bryson City, NC

#9 Mar 14, 2011
Hmmmm wrote:
If I were Brad I would want to know the identity of Hmmmm so I could thank him/her for bringing this topic up. Bad enough that there have been constant rumors for three years that Harrison Ford has bought this property but now we have to hear the constant speculation of how much it will sell for on the Courthouse steps. Its not really Hmmmm's fault because this topic was bound to come up eventually given the nature of this site. That's typical of Morristown.

The house is being advertised for Foreclosure in the local paper. I seriously doubt there is anyone in town that will step up and purchase this house when it has been advertised nationally, regionally, and locally for 2.5 plus years and no buyer has emerged. It is comical to hear people speculate that someone will be able to buy this house for $1 million or so. However, if the property is even presented for sale on March 31, which I highly doubt the owner will allow to happen, SunTrust will never sell the house unless someone steps up and offers current fair market value. The current real estate market is full of bottom feeders that are looking for a bargain. Do you really think that the bank will sell a property that at one time was listed for over $7 Million for $700K? Hell, they could tear down the house and break up the land into lots and likely net over $1 million.

I am looking forward to seeing this topic discussed endlessly by the intelligent people of Morristown. I am sure we will hear the usual line of BS....how the house overlooks Ingles....how it should have been built on the lake.....how it overlooks a trailer park.....how it is built on a series of caves and is unstable....how the house is haunted because it is on ancient burial grounds.....that the wood is rotten because it took so long to build....that Harrison Ford wants the house but the owner would not sell him the furniture.....etc.

well well well

Sevierville, TN

#10 Mar 14, 2011
Seems ol Bradly aint so high n mighty now is he?
I bet the house will sell for just under 2 million.
Oh how the worm does turneth..
Exactly the same

Toledo, OH

#11 Mar 14, 2011
well well well wrote:
Seems ol Bradly aint so high n mighty now is he?
I bet the house will sell for just under 2 million.
Oh how the worm does turneth..
He has not changed a bit. Why don't you call him to discuss chickenshit.

“Bite Me”

Chattanooga, Tennessee

#12 Mar 15, 2011
Everyone can go ahead and laugh, but this ole weiner dog will be the highest bidder and I WILL own this house.

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#13 Mar 15, 2011
Its going to be hard to sell. There just arent that many people in the market for a house like that and the bank probably took that into account when they made the loan. Its a white elephant and they knew it going in.
really

Morristown, TN

#14 Mar 15, 2011
Is this the house on the corner at Tara? Doesn't look like a million dollar house to me....
morristown man replies

Morristown, TN

#15 Mar 15, 2011
its actually the single wide just up the road.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16 Mar 15, 2011
Mark Rice wrote:
Its going to be hard to sell. There just arent that many people in the market for a house like that and the bank probably took that into account when they made the loan. Its a white elephant and they knew it going in.
I think it's a beautiful house, but on my teacher's salary, I'd need to have about 20 of my closest friends move in with me and help with that monthly payment.

Maybe Mr. Pretty Stud will buy it. You know, to use as a guesthouse for his out-of-town guests or something...
down south jukin

Morristown, TN

#17 Mar 15, 2011
betcha Mr. Pretty Dud buys it-he's probably got that much in the cushions of his Laz-E-Boy recliner
Idea

Morristown, TN

#18 Mar 15, 2011
I think I should buy this and Hire abunch of Women .Work it as a Gentlem's Club Monthly Membership fee's. So all you So called HIGH CLASS people put your applications in for HIGH CLASS CALL GIRLS.
names and number's below ....ROFLMAO

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#19 Mar 15, 2011
Ex-Vol in FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a beautiful house, but on my teacher's salary, I'd need to have about 20 of my closest friends move in with me and help with that monthly payment.
Maybe Mr. Pretty Stud will buy it. You know, to use as a guesthouse for his out-of-town guests or something...
Oh its pretty but I've had all the mansion living I want. My last wife owned an 18,000 sqare foot home that was a huge amount of work to care for.Our bedroom was over 1500 sqare feet excluding the 2 bathrooms and closets.I remember electric bills over $1,000. I'm much happier in a small house.
I Rant

Pflugerville, TX

#20 Mar 16, 2011
What's the address? Thanks....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tip your stylist. 3 min WWJD 24
subway tip jar (Sep '10) 5 hr Just2Much 149
School zoning violations 5 hr Lale Dynch 52
Loan Shark needed really (Mar '10) 8 hr Jimmy 73
Truth or threat. 9 hr Leave 18
Lakeway achievement center, a real review 9 hr mmhmm 17
Howmet trash 10 hr Just Say It 31
Dairy Queen REALLY Tue Freddie Pickle 39

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web