Mountain View Youth Development Center

Mountain View Youth Development Center

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Man

Morristown, TN

#1 Jan 30, 2009
I was trying to get a job here and heard some things about it does anyone know any people there to give me advice on the job. Just wondering if it was worth anything or should i find something else?
in the know

Morristown, TN

#2 Jan 30, 2009
Lets say this I hope you can handle stress cause there is alot of it there (I should know worked there for 3 yrs) an now high blood pressure
Also the so called children have more rights that anyone.
In my opinion they should be back in control of the corrections department not childrens services.
These are crininals and dont forget it, they will con you into things and dont feel sorry for them for they got themselves into thier situation
It pays good and overtime is great but just remember WATCH YOUR BACK
bystander

Smyrna, TN

#3 Jan 30, 2009
have a friend that works there and loves it. she has been there for 1 year and her attitude is the same as it was from the first.
Whuteva

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jan 30, 2009
Gotta Be Careful though. Hope you have eyes in the back of your head and quick reflexes. Remember Dennis Whitehead got pounded by a few boys.So...be careful!
bystander

Smyrna, TN

#5 Jan 30, 2009
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN JUST DEPENDS ON THE JOB YOU ARE HIRED TO DO!
I KNOW THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME CAFETERIA MANAGER...
HAS TO HAVE RESTRAUNT MANGERIAL EXPERIENCE
HAS DECENT PAY AND YOU CAN APPLY AT THE FACILITY
anon2

Morristown, TN

#6 Jan 30, 2009
in the know wrote:
Lets say this I hope you can handle stress cause there is alot of it there (I should know worked there for 3 yrs) an now high blood pressure
Also the so called children have more rights that anyone.
In my opinion they should be back in control of the corrections department not childrens services.
These are crininals and dont forget it, they will con you into things and dont feel sorry for them for they got themselves into thier situation
It pays good and overtime is great but just remember WATCH YOUR BACK
You are so right! I have dealings with kids who have been there, and even after getting out they have not changed much at all. Most are worse! The majority of them are headed for adult jail when they turn 18. Just keep watching crimebeat and look for their names.
what

Oliver Springs, TN

#7 Feb 2, 2009
what are the diff kind of jobs that you can get there?
someone who knows

Morristown, TN

#8 Feb 5, 2009
I heard if your a gold badge you can come and go as you please like if you have sick family you can take off to help them. But if your just a cso don't think about it or it's a write up because cso family members aren't suppose to be sick. Whatever anyone says people are out for there selfs and don't care to step on people to get where there going.(GOLD BADGE DO BOYS) (BITCHES)
Juvy prison sucks

Morristown, TN

#9 Feb 5, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, I worked at MVYDC for over 4 years on Charlie 2 (Special Management Unit) the worst 12 inmates in the entire facility. I was hired back when it was owned and run by CCA (Corrections Corporation of America)back in the day, when an inmate assalted staff, they paid "dearly" and they didn't make that mistake more than once, but when the state took over the facility ALL the rules changed and the inmates had more rights than the men and women running the facility. There was a "hands off policy" implemented and once the imates got wind of the change in policy. Your days were numbered. More assalts on staff than I could count. I went home with a bloody uniform more than once and it was MY blood. The entire job had changed for the worst. I got my degree in corrections and law enforcement to try to make a difference in those young mens lives and let me tell you first hand. These inmates are leaving this facility a much better criminal than when they were sentenced to the time to serve there. Criminal education is the only thing flurishing there. If you decide to work there. GOOD LUCK. Hope your someone that doesn't cave under pressure, cause you will be tested mentally and physically there daily. Very dangerous place to work and hardly worth the money. The shift policies SUCK, if you are the type to always show up for your shift. You will be taken advantage of regularly. When crappy staff calls in sick or is unable to show up for their shift. DON'T PLAN ON LEAVING, YOUR GONNA STAY FOR A 16 HOUR SHIFT. Work is not rewarding, just plain shitty environment and after about 2 years it feels as though you have been sentenced to a prison term. The only difference is you get to go home to sleep. Granted the place may have changed since I worked there, but I doubt it. Don't claim you weren't warned. Plan on being sued by some juvenile convict with a greedy family and a good lawyer. My advice is stay away from this hell hole. It isn't worth the sorry income to risk your life on a daily basis, and I'm not kidding, the place is houseing anything from petty theives to 1st degree murderers. Another major problem there and always will be is what we refer to as "shaky staff", this is staff members that are so scaired of doing their job that they begin to bring in contaband to passify the inmates and once they do it... the inmates OWN them. Real uncomfortable when working with a bunch of staff members that are spineless and are fearful of doing their job because of the possible ramifications of refusing to do what the inmates demand of them. Please think long and hard before applying to work there. It's nothing like what most people think it is. Very depressing environment and there is absolutely no rehabilitation going on in that place. Consider yourself warned. I work in an Adult prison now and crazy but true I feel much safer at work and not nearly as many corrupt staff working here. Good luck if you decide to work there. You'll need it.
Angela

Morristown, TN

#10 Feb 5, 2009
Juvy prison sucks wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I worked at MVYDC for over 4 years on Charlie 2 (Special Management Unit) the worst 12 inmates in the entire facility. I was hired back when it was owned and run by CCA (Corrections Corporation of America)back in the day, when an inmate assalted staff, they paid "dearly" and they didn't make that mistake more than once, but when the state took over the facility ALL the rules changed and the inmates had more rights than the men and women running the facility. There was a "hands off policy" implemented and once the imates got wind of the change in policy. Your days were numbered. More assalts on staff than I could count. I went home with a bloody uniform more than once and it was MY blood. The entire job had changed for the worst. I got my degree in corrections and law enforcement to try to make a difference in those young mens lives and let me tell you first hand. These inmates are leaving this facility a much better criminal than when they were sentenced to the time to serve there. Criminal education is the only thing flurishing there. If you decide to work there. GOOD LUCK. Hope your someone that doesn't cave under pressure, cause you will be tested mentally and physically there daily. Very dangerous place to work and hardly worth the money. The shift policies SUCK, if you are the type to always show up for your shift. You will be taken advantage of regularly. When crappy staff calls in sick or is unable to show up for their shift. DON'T PLAN ON LEAVING, YOUR GONNA STAY FOR A 16 HOUR SHIFT. Work is not rewarding, just plain shitty environment and after about 2 years it feels as though you have been sentenced to a prison term. The only difference is you get to go home to sleep. Granted the place may have changed since I worked there, but I doubt it. Don't claim you weren't warned. Plan on being sued by some juvenile convict with a greedy family and a good lawyer. My advice is stay away from this hell hole. It isn't worth the sorry income to risk your life on a daily basis, and I'm not kidding, the place is houseing anything from petty theives to 1st degree murderers. Another major problem there and always will be is what we refer to as "shaky staff", this is staff members that are so scaired of doing their job that they begin to bring in contaband to passify the inmates and once they do it... the inmates OWN them. Real uncomfortable when working with a bunch of staff members that are spineless and are fearful of doing their job because of the possible ramifications of refusing to do what the inmates demand of them. Please think long and hard before applying to work there. It's nothing like what most people think it is. Very depressing environment and there is absolutely no rehabilitation going on in that place. Consider yourself warned. I work in an Adult prison now and crazy but true I feel much safer at work and not nearly as many corrupt staff working here. Good luck if you decide to work there. You'll need it.
I have worked with some kids who have been there, and you are right--they learn nothing from the experience. They brag about it like it is a good thing. I have said many of them will wind up in big boy jail if they live that long. It's a vicious cycle--they will go out and reproduce and their kids will wind up like them because they have no good example to follow. This does not apply to all of them, but probably at least 85-90 percent. They know nothing is going to happen to them because they are juveniles and will get a clean slate when they turn 18. Their attitudes and behavior are terrible. I could never work there and certainly would not turn my back on them if I did.
Angela

Morristown, TN

#11 Feb 5, 2009
By the way, Juvy, I admire your intentions. Unfortunately, good intentions do not mean a thing to these "kids". After listening to these kids talk about things they have done and the court system, I could easily enter into a life of crime. LOL
in the know

Morristown, TN

#12 Feb 6, 2009
someone who knows wrote:
I heard if your a gold badge you can come and go as you please like if you have sick family you can take off to help them. But if your just a cso don't think about it or it's a write up because cso family members aren't suppose to be sick. Whatever anyone says people are out for there selfs and don't care to step on people to get where there going.(GOLD BADGE DO BOYS)(BITCHES)
ust be a cso

“The Face of Evil”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 6, 2009
I would like to add that most of the kids there are black. Atleast 80%+ are violent black kids. No hope, no future, no one would miss them if they were gone, I'm just saying. These juveniles are the future criminals of our society. What they need is to be made to work 16 hour days and to be beat down when they even look like they where going to do something. Like back in the old days when kids were afarid to go there. All juveniles over the age of 14 should be treated like adult criminals. These are the kind of elements that should be removed from our society. There scum parants are more than likely nothing but trash also. Some people should not be aloud to have kids. Trash just makes more trash.....BTHEKID
FORMER MANAGEMENT

Nashville, TN

#14 Feb 6, 2009
Stay away from this place. I worked with these kids and staff for several years, and the kids are not that bad. The staff on other hand, will stab you in the back or throw you in the creek faster than you can think. For the most part, the security staff are great people, its the management staff that make this place what it is. You can start with the 1st office to the right when you walk in the door. This lady is the biggest suck that I have ever seen. She comes into work at 5am and leaves at 8am for 1 to 2 hours for lunch, and then goes home at noon. Nobody has ever said anything to her about her hours, she always uses the excuse that her husband is sick. I thought everyone had a supervisor, apparently not. No wonder the state is in a financial crisis. Paying people 40k a year and getting 3 months worth of work out of them that year. Once you get through with this office, just walk on through and start down the admin hall. Take your pick, these are the people that have big titles, and little balls. They are scared to stand up for themselves, so how can you expect them to stand up for you. I will get off my rant, and just say this place sucks to work at unless you like spineless supervision. Security staff reading this, I am not talking about you, if you had admin with some balls, then maybe you could do your jobs. When I say admin., I am talking about DCS Commisioner down.
in the know

Morristown, TN

#15 Feb 6, 2009
bthekid865 wrote:
I would like to add that most of the kids there are black. Atleast 80%+ are violent black kids. No hope, no future, no one would miss them if they were gone, I'm just saying. These juveniles are the future criminals of our society. What they need is to be made to work 16 hour days and to be beat down when they even look like they where going to do something. Like back in the old days when kids were afarid to go there. All juveniles over the age of 14 should be treated like adult criminals. These are the kind of elements that should be removed from our society. There scum parants are more than likely nothing but trash also. Some people should not be aloud to have kids. Trash just makes more trash.....BTHEKID
BIGGET

“The Face of Evil”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 6, 2009
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>BIGGET
The truth is just the truth. I was wrong about the number. I called a friend that works there. He said more like 90% are young black youths. Does me calling them that help you see the truth a little better. I don't sugar coat it. I tell it like it is and I stand by my post. TRUTH AND FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS AND WHATEVER MAY BE OUR WISHES, OUR INCLINATIONS, OR THE DICTATES OF OUR PASSIONS THEY CANNOT ALTER THE STATE OF FACTS AND EVIDENCE.....The DEFENDER........DO NOT BECOME TIMID WITH THE TRUTH.
Harley babe

Morristown, TN

#17 Feb 6, 2009
If you stand by what you say then why do you not want any body to know your name? Because you are chicken shit?
hmmmm

United States

#20 Jan 21, 2011
I know this thread is old but this place is a shithole,you have staff sleeping with the kids, bringing them drugs etc etc and most of them are either racist against white people or there's favortisim throughout the facility. If you don't kiss as* you won't go far. The state really needs to investigate this place but the gold badges and front office people just let on like its running fine.
in the know

Sevierville, TN

#21 May 13, 2011
many of the staff at this hell hole are more evil than the kids!! watch your back and take a holy cross and some garlic before working there!
Anonymous

Lake Panasoffkee, FL

#22 Sep 3, 2012
you guys think you tuff i was there in 2002 i was in c unit u guys think we where the bad ones the staff hit me once that was it then i struck baack then they said they could not handle me so they sent me LCYDC i maxed out there so dont we say we the bad people u guys treat us like shit we dish it back i spent 50% of my time in smu u guys r punks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bye bye fat lazy mexicans 3 min Truther 2
John lewis 3 hr Sam 5
Rex Coffey BELLY UP (Dec '09) 6 hr Jerry 38
Missing you 7 hr Hoit 120
white girl looking for bbc 8 hr black beast 7
Worst restaurant in Morristown (Feb '10) 10 hr unfortunately 128
How do you get rid of fluorescent tubes in Morr... 14 hr samiam 8

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages