First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Morristown, TN

#1 Jan 23, 2011
Don't tell anyone, but... I just overheard that Bob and Bernice Thomas are about to open a new Mountain Wood Cookin' restaurant on the west end of Morristown. This is really exciting news to anyone who has ever tasted that slow-roasted, wood smoked meat or the Delicious Fried Chicken. Mmmm! I can't wait. I can almost taste it already.
who

Sevierville, TN

#2 Jan 23, 2011
The Food Guru wrote:
Don't tell anyone, but... I just overheard that Bob and Bernice Thomas are about to open a new Mountain Wood Cookin' restaurant on the west end of Morristown. This is really exciting news to anyone who has ever tasted that slow-roasted, wood smoked meat or the Delicious Fried Chicken. Mmmm! I can't wait. I can almost taste it already.
never heard of them
Rooster in the Hen House

Cosby, TN

#3 Jan 23, 2011
I've heard of them and they sure have good food.had a resturant across from the Jefferson Co. High school.5192
sure sure

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 23, 2011
Is this the old Mountain Woods Cookin'? I remember that place from when I was younger. I liked it back then.
Rooster in the Hen House

Cosby, TN

#5 Jan 23, 2011
yes it is. had one across from high school and then moved to morristown.
who

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jan 24, 2011
whats the name of the one in morristown and wheres it at
sure sure

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2011
I wished we still had Quincy's. Those were my two favorite restaurants when I was younger. If I had those and Mountain Woods Cookin' I'd be set.

“To b or Not to be...”

Since: Nov 10

Russellville, Tn

#8 Jan 24, 2011
Does anybody remember Speedys? i know that it gave you the trots, but i loved those freaking burgers LOL!!
sure sure

Morristown, TN

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Was that where Pal's is today?

“To b or Not to be...”

Since: Nov 10

Russellville, Tn

#10 Jan 24, 2011
i dont remember one there, but there was one over where the Advanced Auto is, going towards the mall on Morris Blvd. My hubby keeps arguing with me that it was a Zippys lol. But i remember it being Speedys, when i would cut school way back when, we would always go there, haha!
a little birdie

White Pine, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2011
I've heard of Bob & Bernice Thomas an his talents for cooking are extrodinary!!I can't wait! Bernice makes those amazing yeast rolls like no one else!!!
citizen

Morristown, TN

#12 Jan 24, 2011
Shucks, I thought one of those Darden restaurants like Red Lobster and such was finally coming since we have liquor by the drink. Come on Sammi, Paul, and the rest of you who assured us the only reason these "good" restaurants were not already here was their inability to serve liquor by the drink. You know, several told the citizens of Morristown that they were lying, and I guess we'll just have to sit back and watch all the proof that they were/did keep on rolling through. Thank goodness Sammi is taking her cigarette butt catchers along First North and not running again. Glad to hear of a good restaurant coming anyway.
Just Me

Morristown, TN

#13 Jan 24, 2011
who wrote:
whats the name of the one in morristown and wheres it at
It was "Mountain Wood Cookin" and it was where the chinese buffet is beside Caballo De Oro Mexican Restaurant. In the old Western Steer building.
Just Me

Morristown, TN

#14 Jan 24, 2011
There was a Speedy's on the corner of Morris Blvd and Montvue, where the Advance Auto is now, and there was one somewhere near Taco Bell. I can't remember exactly where that one was. Beefy's was where Sonic now is on West AJ. There was an old gas station where Pals is. There was a mini golf place where Fazolis is. Speedy's might have been where Buddy's is.
Interested

AOL

#15 Jan 24, 2011
a little birdie wrote:
I've heard of Bob & Bernice Thomas an his talents for cooking are extrodinary!!I can't wait! Bernice makes those amazing yeast rolls like no one else!!!
I thought I heard that the new owner was named Dick, unless I'm thinking of a different restuarant that just opened on the west side.
a little birdie

White Pine, TN

#16 Jan 24, 2011
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I heard that the new owner was named Dick, unless I'm thinking of a different restuarant that just opened on the west side.
No the restaurant hasn't opened yet I heard before March that it will be opened.
a little birdie

White Pine, TN

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Looks like Bernice and Bob Thomas are going to leave the wood cooking in the name of their latest venture, The sooner they open the sooner we can feast on the homemade yeast rolls and the wonderful fried chicken and enjoy the atmosphere where families can come and enjoy a GREAT dining experience!!!
Intriqued

Morristown, TN

#18 Jan 26, 2011
I think Speedy's was where the Sconic is now.
Phillip Lovin

United States

#20 Jan 26, 2011
Speedys was where Chick fila is now, before the food city complex.
FYI

Morristown, TN

#21 Jan 26, 2011
Yeah!!! I hope this is true! Morristown needs a good place to eat and I love their cooking. Just give me their homemade hushpuppies and I'll be happy as a lark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Worst People In Town (Jul '16) 1 hr LandonMcMurfee 6
Harley Riders All look Alike (Sep '16) 1 hr ButtersStotch 48
Black Panthers 2 RNC:Our 'Feet Will Be On Your ... (Aug '12) 1 hr WhiteyFord 8
Places to rent 3 hr MoTown424 9
Poop discussion 3 hr Billybob 7
Shoot On Hayter UPDATE 3 hr Sunshine 12
Copperheads M.C. (Jan '10) 3 hr DeanDingles 329

Morristown Jobs

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages