Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#62 Apr 2, 2014
Lost wrote:
I tried to be a good Christian. I wasn't able to figure out which bible to read and so I figured out the whole thing was a scam.
Satan first changed the words of God on Eve. He continues to do it today through false bibles. You can be sure the KJB is the inerrant, infallible, preserved, inspired and only authority for bible believers today. It's no scam that you have a creator which can put all his words in a book today so you can realize you are a lost sinner headed for a hot eternal hell if you choose NOT to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ who is the only one who can save you from hell.

“A witty saying proves nothing.”

Since: Jan 13

Tennessee

#63 Apr 2, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> You can be sure the KJB is the inerrant, infallible, preserved, inspired and only authority for bible believers today...
God did say that He would preserve His word, but nowhere in the Bible am I told that only one translation of it is the correct one. Nowhere am I told that the King James Bible is the best or only ‘holy’ Bible. There is no verse that tells me how God will preserve his word, so no one can have scriptural warrant for arguing that the King James has exclusive rights to the throne. Besides, in the original preface to the KJV, the translators themselves wrote:

"Truly (good Christian reader) we never thought from the beginning, that we should need to make a new translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one,... but to make a good one better."

Implicit in this statement is the translators' belief that the KJV, like older translations, was not perfect, but was an improvement.
kevintoad

Pittsburgh, PA

#64 Apr 2, 2014

Heres the satan Message's
Mountain Warrior

Tazewell, TN

#65 Apr 2, 2014
Truth Hurts - You might take heed to a statement that I recently read from a Pastor Don Carpenter. I quote: "There is a reason we do not have the original manuscripts because God knew that we would end up worshipping the physical copies rather that paying attention to what they contain...a form of idolatry". Sounds like you worship the Bible more than the Creator.

There are no original manuscripts thus what we have is what others hand copied from fragments and unsure sometimes what word was missing. This is why when you read the KJV you will find many words in italics. These are words that they thought should have gone in those verses but they aren't sure.

I have wore out more KJV Bibles than you have probably read. I am looking at 2 of them and if you check your copy go to Leviticus 11:12&13 as an example. In verse 12 you will find the word SHALL in italics. In verse 13 you will find ARE THEY WHICH and the word ARE in italics. There are many, many words that were missing in the fragments, just look through the Bible at them.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#66 Apr 3, 2014
Mountain Warrior wrote:
Truth Hurts - You might take heed to a statement that I recently read from a Pastor Don Carpenter. I quote: "There is a reason we do not have the original manuscripts because God knew that we would end up worshipping the physical copies rather that paying attention to what they contain...a form of idolatry". Sounds like you worship the Bible more than the Creator.
There are no original manuscripts thus what we have is what others hand copied from fragments and unsure sometimes what word was missing. This is why when you read the KJV you will find many words in italics. These are words that they thought should have gone in those verses but they aren't sure.
I have wore out more KJV Bibles than you have probably read. I am looking at 2 of them and if you check your copy go to Leviticus 11:12&13 as an example. In verse 12 you will find the word SHALL in italics. In verse 13 you will find ARE THEY WHICH and the word ARE in italics. There are many, many words that were missing in the fragments, just look through the Bible at them.
Why do you bother to read any bible if you believe they all have errors and don't believe God has the power to preserve his written words as he promises us in Psalms 12:6&7?

Tennessee

#67 Apr 3, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you bother to read any bible if you believe they all have errors and don't believe God has the power to preserve his written words as he promises us in Psalms 12:6&7?
Why do you believe that the KJB is perfect and error free? Especially when even the translators themselves said that they were trying to make an already good translation better:

"Truly (good Christian reader) we never thought from the beginning, that we should need to make a new translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one,... but to make a good one better."

That right there says that it isn't perfect, just an improvement.

Why do you try to present this argument that the KJB is perfect? Why is it so important to you to have this English translation be the only perfect translation? Why are you so obsessed with the KJB being perfect that you have forgotten to put God first in your life? I have noticed that you put the KJB first and all others second.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#68 Apr 5, 2014
Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that the KJB is perfect and error free? Especially when even the translators themselves said that they were trying to make an already good translation better:
That right there says that it isn't perfect, just an improvement.
Why do you try to present this argument that the KJB is perfect? Why is it so important to you to have this English translation be the only perfect translation? Why are you so obsessed with the KJB being perfect that you have forgotten to put God first in your life? I have noticed that you put the KJB first and all others second.
I believe God can do all things, especially to give us his word without error. Sorry you don't believe God could or word preserve all his words in a bible today. Ye of little faith! How could I know God if i didn't know what was truth and what was lies in his written word. I know all bibles printed since the KJB have lies in them. Are the verses about Sodomites that the Queen James bible remove really part of the word of God or not?
Pagan

Morristown, TN

#69 Apr 5, 2014
I don't really care much for the bible, but with everybody saying that any changes are wrong I disagree. By that thought, it should have never been translated into English. In a lot of the translation to English, meanings were changed or lost completely.

Tennessee

#70 Apr 7, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Are the verses about Sodomites that the Queen James bible remove really part of the word of God or not?
Apparently you haven't read anything that I have said to you. I did say that the authors of the "Queen" James bible did intentionally rewrite eight passages to support the homosexual lifestyle...and in my personal opinion every copy of the "Queen" James should be burned, because it intentionally tries to distort the word of God into something He didn't say.

And no, I do not believe that the King James bible is perfect and error free, but that isn't an issue for me. God's message of love comes through regardless. The word of God is perfect and superior to the word of man. Man, with all of his limits could not hope to ever understand or perfectly convey the unlimited word of God. The limited (humans) trying to copy or perfectly translate the unlimited (God) is an exercise in futility. It is impossible for us as a species to ever truly dictate or transcribe the word of God with perfection. Perfection is not attainable by humans.
The Verser

United States

#71 Apr 7, 2014
James 1:2 3 4

Patience is a force of constancy , that will allow you to be constant and remain the same.

The word gives us faith to remain the same.

Phillipians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing.

Anxious, anxiety

After the word has been sewn, the wicked one comes to demonstrate your patience. True colors are revealed under pressure.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#72 Apr 7, 2014
Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you haven't read anything that I have said to you. I did say that the authors of the "Queen" James bible did intentionally rewrite eight passages to support the homosexual lifestyle...and in my personal opinion every copy of the "Queen" James should be burned, because it intentionally tries to distort the word of God into something He didn't say.
And no, I do not believe that the King James bible is perfect and error free, but that isn't an issue for me. God's message of love comes through regardless. The word of God is perfect and superior to the word of man. Man, with all of his limits could not hope to ever understand or perfectly convey the unlimited word of God. The limited (humans) trying to copy or perfectly translate the unlimited (God) is an exercise in futility. It is impossible for us as a species to ever truly dictate or transcribe the word of God with perfection. Perfection is not attainable by humans.
Why do bother to read any bible since you believe they all have errors? It would be a waste of time to me if I didn't know what parts were true or not.

Tennessee

#73 Apr 7, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Why do bother to read any bible since you believe they all have errors? It would be a waste of time to me if I didn't know what parts were true or not.
Apparently you have too narrow a view. It isn't about being true or false. The message is what's important. There are errors in all translations. Even the translators of the 1611 KJB used margin notes because they weren't 100% sure about the meanings and verbiage of some of the words they were translating or the words themselves didn't have a direct translation into English. You have focused a lot of time and effort into hunting for something that doesn't exist. The word of God transcends the limited dialect of the English language and all other languages. You have focused your time on trying to prove that the KJB is perfect and error free and have forgotten to see the bigger picture...that God is Love, and His word will come through whether a verse has an error or not. The Word of God is the meaning, not the literal words being used. We as humans can never attain a perfect 100% infallible word for word match with a perfect being...because we are not perfect, and all languages are different and can never be matched perfectly.
A Christian

Morristown, TN

#74 Apr 7, 2014
The message of God's love...Jesus Christ from beginning to end..The Alpha and the Omega..The first and the last. Jesus loves us all. He died on a cross so that we can have eternal life. That is the message of God's love. Believe it, cherish it, spread it...Stop worrying about being perfect and who is right and who is wrong...Jesus Christ is all that matters. Do you know Him? If you don't, then believe and accept Him before it is too late!
Church

Morristown, TN

#75 Apr 8, 2014
Why do you believe in a god that can only message you through written word?
International

Franklin, TN

#76 Apr 11, 2014
If the KJV is the only right version, what of those in France, Germany, China, Israel, India, etc? There are roughly 7 Billion people in the world right now and around 75%(or 5,250,000,000 people) do not speak English. Are they all damned to Hell because they can't speak or read English? What of the people who literally followed Jesus when he was on Earth and the actual authors of the Bible who wrote it in Hebrew and Arabic? Did they write it incorrectly since the 1611 version of English didn't exist yet? If you are really that concerned about reading the "true" version of the Bible, quit being lazy and learn to read this:
&#918;&#8182;&#957 ; &#947;&#8048;&#961 ; &#8001; &#955;&#972;&#947; &#959;&#962; &#964;&#959;&#8166 ; &#920;&#949;&#959; &#8166; &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#7952;&#957;&#949 ;&#961;&#947;&#805 2;&#962; &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#964;&#959;&#956; &#974;&#964;&#949; &#961;&#959;&#962; &#8017;&#960;&#805 0;&#961; &#960;&#8118;&#963 ;&#945;&#957; &#956;&#940;&#967; &#945;&#953;&#961; &#945;&#957; &#948;&#943;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#956; &#959;&#957; &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#948;&#953;&#970; &#954;&#957;&#959; &#973;&#956;&#949; &#957;&#959;&#962; &#7940;&#967;&#961 ;&#953; &#956;&#949;&#961; &#953;&#963;&#956; &#959;&#8166; &#968;&#965;&#967; &#8134;&#962; &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#960;&#957;&#949; &#973;&#956;&#945; &#964;&#959;&#962; , &#7937;&#961;&#956 ;&#8182;&#957; &#964;&#949; &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#956;&#965;&#949; &#955;&#8182;&#957 ;, &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#954;&#961;&#953; &#964;&#953;&#954; &#8056;&#962; &#7952;&#957;&#952 ;&#965;&#956;&#942 ;&#963;&#949;&#969 ;&#957; &#954;&#945;&#8054 ; &#7952;&#957;&#957 ;&#959;&#953;&#818 2;&#957; &#954;&#945;&#961; &#948;&#943;&#945; &#962;·
International

Franklin, TN

#77 Apr 11, 2014
HA! Even Topix won't read the Greek. Here's the link:
http://biblehub.com/text/hebrews/4-12.htm
Mountain Warrior

Tazewell, TN

#78 Apr 11, 2014
Truth Hurts will soon not respond because he will have no argument and will wait a week or more and then start another discussion on the same thing under a different name. I have seen him do this a number f times over the past year or so.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#79 Apr 12, 2014
Mountain Warrior wrote:
Truth Hurts will soon not respond because he will have no argument and will wait a week or more and then start another discussion on the same thing under a different name. I have seen him do this a number f times over the past year or so.
If I didn't believe God has a book with His rules without error I would become an atheist. If there are errors which there isn't in the KJB how do you separate fact from fiction? Satan has the majority doubting what God says in his inerrant, infallible, preserved, written words found in the KJB. Like Satan told Eve "Yea hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" Satan got Eve doubting if God really said this and went on and added one word (NOT) to what God really said. God said thou shalt surely die if they ate of the tree of knowledge. Satan change the words of God by saying ye shall surely NOT die. Today the majority that say they are saved from hell doubt if God really said not to steal, not to divorce, not to lie, not to get tattoos, not to tell fortunes, not for man to lie with man, not for women to lie with women, not to murder, ext… Satan has done a good job of getting folks to doubt what God said because they don't believe there are God's words without error found in any bible today.

Tennessee

#80 Apr 14, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> If I didn't believe God has a book with His rules without error I would become an atheist. If there are errors which there isn't in the KJB how do you separate fact from fiction? Satan has the majority doubting what God says in his inerrant, infallible, preserved, written words found in the KJB. Like Satan told Eve "Yea hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" Satan got Eve doubting if God really said this and went on and added one word (NOT) to what God really said. God said thou shalt surely die if they ate of the tree of knowledge. Satan change the words of God by saying ye shall surely NOT die. Today the majority that say they are saved from hell doubt if God really said not to steal, not to divorce, not to lie, not to get tattoos, not to tell fortunes, not for man to lie with man, not for women to lie with women, not to murder, ext… Satan has done a good job of getting folks to doubt what God said because they don't believe there are God's words without error found in any bible today.
Then by all means "Truth" enlighten us all and provide proof that your beloved KJB is perfect and error free...if you can.

Especially when the translators themselves said it isn't perfect and their intent wasn't to make a perfect translation, but to make a good translation the world already had into a better one.

Tennessee

#81 Apr 14, 2014
Here's my link:

http://watch.pair.com/TR-kjv-issues.html

I await yours "Truth".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious 14 min Curious 11
Blocking comments 24 min lol 9
McKenzie McDaniel 29 min Truth 22
$50 million Academy (May '17) 1 hr Honey Buns 4
responsible 1 hr Huh 2
it is u 2 hr Go ahead 8
Rachael Self....A SNITCH (Mar '15) 3 hr Koolkat1977 23
Electric Bills 6 hr exactly 23

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web