Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#21 Mar 24, 2014
Pravda wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about what YOU are posting not what I believe. You have already replied to this post but not to post #10. Go back read it and give me your take on it.
Sad that you you don't believe God when He says He will preserve His words forever. Only a minority of people today have the faith to believe what God said is still true about preserving His words forever. Satan has gotten the majority to believe there is no bible with all of God's words correctly translated in it today. If I didn't believe the KJB was the inspired, infallible, preserved, inerrant, and the only authority for saved people from hell today I would search the world till I found a bible that was from God. It can't be the NIV, NKJ, ESV, RSV, Living Bible, HCSB, Queen James Bible, NWT, NAB, or the hundreds of other perversions because they all have MISTAKES or verses missing on purpose by Satan's workers in them. There were some bibles from God before the KJB but there is no bible without mistakes translated from the correct Textus Receptus which was based on the teachings from Antioch, Syria. All bibles since the KJB have Satan's Alexandrian manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt watered in them. The only bible since the KJB using the correct Textus Receptus is the Queen James which leaves out five verses about the homosexual lifestyle being wrong according to God. This makes it Satan's bible also because in Revelation 22:19 God tells whoever takes away words of this book of prophecy He will take away his part out of the book of life.

“A witty saying proves nothing.”

Since: Jan 13

Tennessee

#22 Mar 24, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Sad that you you don't believe God when He says He will preserve His words forever.. If I didn't believe the KJB was the inspired, infallible, preserved, inerrant, and the only authority for saved people from hell today I would search the world till I found a bible that was from God. There were some bibles from God before the KJB but there is no bible without mistakes translated from the correct Textus Receptus which was based on the teachings from Antioch, Syria. All bibles since the KJB have Satan's Alexandrian manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt watered in them. The only bible since the KJB using the correct Textus Receptus is the Queen James which leaves out five verses about the homosexual lifestyle being wrong according to God. This makes it Satan's bible also because in Revelation 22:19 God tells whoever takes away words of this book of prophecy He will take away his part out of the book of life.
God and His word are perfect...Translations of that word, however, are subject to the limitations of human ability, and therefore, are imperfect. Moreover, errors arise not only in the process of translating from the original languages used by God to other languages, but also due to the fact that translations are made from texts of God's word in the original languages, texts which are themselves imperfect in varying degrees. They were handwritten by man, and man is in no degree perfect.

No scriptures exist today in the hand of the original writer. Rather hand-made copies, and in reality, copies of copies, of the originals exist, some very ancient. These are called manuscripts. These manuscripts are imperfect copies, containing the same kinds of errors that slip into hand-made copies of any piece of literature, whether it be a work of Shakespeare, Homer, or a book report for school.

Translators work with compilations of these manuscripts. These compilations represent the efforts of men to weed out the errors (interpolations, omissions, and substitutions) of each individual manuscript by comparing various manuscripts, and arrive at a text which represents as accurately as possible the original text of the scriptures. This process is referred to as textual criticism. The same process that the translators of the King James Bible used.

Over five thousand manuscripts, including several from as early as the third century, are available to textual critics today. Some of these include virtually the entire bible, while others contain only certain books, or groups of books of the bible. Some are mere fragments. Such extensive manuscript evidence contributes to the ability of modern textual critics to present us with a reliable text of God's word.

However, such extensive and ancient manuscript evidence was not available at the time the King James Version was translated. The King James Bible that you hold in such reverence "Truth" is just a translation...nothing more. It was not inspired by God, Jesus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that matter. You have placed the KJB on such a high pedestal that it really seems like you worship the book and King James himself, instead of God. God gave you two eyes and a brain...use them. Place your reverence where it is due, toward God, not a book.

It is not important whether a book containing the Word of God is a perfect translation, because such a thing doesn't exist. God's word is perfect and it's meaning comes through even if the translated words are not perfect. God knows this. God doesn't command us to be worried about a perfect bible, because he knows that as soon as man becomes involved such things are not possible. Even the translators of your beloved KJB used margin notes for alternate translations and meanings. If the translators of the KJB were divinely inspired, like YOU claim, then there would not have been a need for such things.

Tennessee

#23 Mar 24, 2014

Tennessee

#24 Mar 24, 2014
Did you know that the Textus Receptus, from which the KJV was translated, was based on half a dozen small manuscripts, none earlier than the 10th century? If the Textus Receptus is the error free text, then why are the last 6 verses of Revelation absent from the TR, yet present in the KJV? Did you know that for these verses, the Latin Vulgate was translated into Greek which was then translated into English - so that's a translation of a translation of a translation? You clearly have no understanding about the things which you speak.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/textus+recep... ...: "Textus Receptus: The Greek text of the New Testament that became standard in printed editions from the 16th to the end of the 19th century." It's all Greek text, even what was used to translate your precious KJB.

Some more reading that I know you won't read, because you a willfully ignorant and have no desire to see the truth:

http://www.solagroup.org/articles/faqs/faq_00...

http://www.skypoint.com/members/waltzmn/TR.ht...

http://www.gotquestions.org/Textus-Receptus.h...

The Textus Receptus is a Greek New Testament that provided the textual base for the vernacular translations of the Reformation Period. It was a printed text, not a hand-copied manuscript, created in the 15th century.

The Textus Receptus is only as old as the 10th century...year 900 and up. Unless Christ had His ministry 900 years or more after he was crucified, or Jesus lived an extremely long time, the TR doesn't go back to the time when Jesus was teaching either.

But go ahead and ignore me....like you always do.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#25 Mar 24, 2014
Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
God and His word are perfect...Translations of that word, however, are subject to the limitations of human ability, and therefore, are imperfect. Moreover, errors arise not only in the process of translating from the original languages used by God to other languages, but also due to the fact that translations are made from texts of God's word in the original languages, texts which are themselves imperfect in varying degrees. They were handwritten by man, and man is in no degree perfect.
No scriptures exist today in the hand of the original writer. Rather hand-made copies, and in reality, copies of copies, of the originals exist, some very ancient. These are called manuscripts. These manuscripts are imperfect copies, containing the same kinds of errors that slip into hand-made copies of any piece of literature, whether it be a work of Shakespeare, Homer, or a book report for school.
Translators work with compilations of these manuscripts. These compilations represent the efforts of men to weed out the errors (interpolations, omissions, and substitutions) of each individual manuscript by comparing various manuscripts, and arrive at a text which represents as accurately as possible the original text of the scriptures. This process is referred to as textual criticism. The same process that the translators of the King James Bible used.
Over five thousand manuscripts, including several from as early as the third century, are available to textual critics today. Some of these include virtually the entire bible, while others contain only certain books, or groups of books of the bible. Some are mere fragments. Such extensive manuscript evidence contributes to the ability of modern textual critics to present us with a reliable text of God's word.
However, such extensive and ancient manuscript evidence was not available at the time the King James Version was translated. The King James Bible that you hold in such reverence "Truth" is just a translation...nothing more. It was not inspired by God, Jesus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that matter. You have placed the KJB on such a high pedestal that it really seems like you worship the book and King James himself, instead of God. God gave you two eyes and a brain...use them. Place your reverence where it is due, toward God, not a book.
It is not important whether a book containing the Word of God is a perfect translation, because such a thing doesn't exist. God's word is perfect and it's meaning comes through even if the translated words are not perfect. God knows this. God doesn't command us to be worried about a perfect bible, because he knows that as soon as man becomes involved such things are not possible. Even the translators of your beloved KJB used margin notes for alternate translations and meanings. If the translators of the KJB were divinely inspired, like YOU claim, then there would not have been a need for such things.
So in other words we don't know what is truth or fiction in any bible according to you.

Tennessee

#26 Mar 24, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> So in other words we don't know what is truth or fiction in any bible according to you.
No, that isn't what I was saying at all. Stop trying to spin it that way. If you would read what I said instead of assuming what I said you might learn something.
Pravda

Morristown, TN

#27 Mar 24, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Sad that you you don't believe God when He says He will preserve His words forever. Only a minority of people today have the faith to believe what God said is still true about preserving His words forever. Satan has gotten the majority to believe there is no bible with all of God's words correctly translated in it today. If I didn't believe the KJB was the inspired, infallible, preserved, inerrant, and the only authority for saved people from hell today I would search the world till I found a bible that was from God. It can't be the NIV, NKJ, ESV, RSV, Living Bible, HCSB, Queen James Bible, NWT, NAB, or the hundreds of other perversions because they all have MISTAKES or verses missing on purpose by Satan's workers in them. There were some bibles from God before the KJB but there is no bible without mistakes translated from the correct Textus Receptus which was based on the teachings from Antioch, Syria. All bibles since the KJB have Satan's Alexandrian manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt watered in them. The only bible since the KJB using the correct Textus Receptus is the Queen James which leaves out five verses about the homosexual lifestyle being wrong according to God. This makes it Satan's bible also because in Revelation 22:19 God tells whoever takes away words of this book of prophecy He will take away his part out of the book of life.
Where did I say I didn't believe God? I'm question you not God. If you don't want to be challenged on what you say, don't post. Now go back and read post #10 and answer that question.
Seems to me

Morristown, TN

#28 Mar 24, 2014
Seems to me your god really screwed up when he did that tower of babble thing. Caused a real problem with language, translations, having to send missionaries to foreign lands, etc to teach the word to those poor people that dont speak the same language and never heard the good word. Now you guys have to fight about what babble is correct, who wrote and translated what. The whole thing is kinda goofy. Cant believe anybody believes that nonsense.
I Believe

Morristown, TN

#29 Mar 24, 2014
I believe in the infallible word of God. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sins, and that He is the son of God. That is all I need to know. The Bible and any interpretation is simply to help me understand how much God truly does love me, and reading it in English that I can understand only deepens my understanding. God looks on our hearts. He is not going to let us go because we use a different word from the original one...Too many people are hung up on rigid rules, that is not the concept the Bible teaches. Love is the key. God is love..Jesus loves us...Stop worrying about docrines and theories. You are complicating the true meaning!
matthew0001978

Morristown, TN

#30 Mar 24, 2014
Anyone who thinks the King James version of the Bible is correct is simply ignorant. Do the research. That version is based on scrolls that are not nearly as accurate as scrolls found since that are older. The KJV is beautiful but as for as accuracy, there are other versions that are based on scrolls that were older and much more accurate than that version. Does God really care about what version we use? I think not. He sees our hearts and that is what really matters.
peace be with u all

Morristown, TN

#31 Mar 25, 2014
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Hi stumbled upon this forum, anyone who has a little time, please watch this video called breaking the god code, by evangelist perry stone here in Cleveland, tn. He's a great teacher, this is part 1 of 2. This is for anyone who has doubts or questions of " is my bible correct" an etc...., for anyone who may not believe.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#32 Mar 25, 2014
I Believe wrote:
I believe in the infallible word of God. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sins, and that He is the son of God. That is all I need to know. The Bible and any interpretation is simply to help me understand how much God truly does love me, and reading it in English that I can understand only deepens my understanding. God looks on our hearts. He is not going to let us go because we use a different word from the original one...Too many people are hung up on rigid rules, that is not the concept the Bible teaches. Love is the key. God is love..Jesus loves us...Stop worrying about docrines and theories. You are complicating the true meaning!
You sound just like smiling false prophet Joel who never mentions sin, hell, and never judges what is right from wrong and every day is Friday for him. He never mentions getting saved from hell or being lost and headed for hell. Just feel good about yourself and everything will be just fine. Wrong! Unless one hears the truth found in the word of God about being a lost sinner headed for hell he can not be saved from sin and is going to hell and burn forever. Jesus was no long haired sin loving hippie. Jesus hated sin but loved the sinners. Jesus got angry and called people snakes and once made a whip and beat the sinners out of the temple. Jesus also hated false doctrine which all bibles since the KJB are full of.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#33 Mar 25, 2014
Pravda wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have it both ways. Preserve the actual words and translate them too just doesn't work. You can preserve the meaning but a literal word for word translation most of the time is not possible. Not all languages use the same syntax and some may not even have a word that will translate literally.
And I don't think there is anyone today that her Jesus speak in Aramaic that would have used the word 'believeth'. I can see them using the word believes. But according to you that would not be what Jesus said. Apparently, Jesus spoke in the Aramaic form of Shakespeareian English.
What Jesus said in Aramaic means exactly the same that we read in English from the KJB today.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#34 Mar 25, 2014
I Believe wrote:
So God is pleased with the Queen James bible which removes all verses about sodomites?
Weak

Morristown, TN

#35 Mar 25, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> So God is pleased with the Queen James bible which removes all verses about sodomites?
If he is really God, and all powerful, couldn't he do something about not being pleased? Why is your god so obsessed about foreskins anyway? He seems pretty petty.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#36 Mar 25, 2014
matthew0001978 wrote:
Anyone who thinks the King James version of the Bible is correct is simply ignorant. Do the research. That version is based on scrolls that are not nearly as accurate as scrolls found since that are older. The KJV is beautiful but as for as accuracy, there are other versions that are based on scrolls that were older and much more accurate than that version. Does God really care about what version we use? I think not. He sees our hearts and that is what really matters.
The KJB was based on a family of manuscripts that we now know constitutes ninety-nine percent of all manuscripts existing today. This group of manuscripts make up 5,210 of the 5,255 Greek manuscripts now on file at Clearmont, California. The remaining forty- five, called the Alexandrian, came from Alexandria, Egypt where they had been altered by gnostics and philosophers there. These philosophers by the names of Philo, Clement, Marcion, Origin, Usabius and Jerome had been influenced by Plato and missionaries from the Far East. These missionaries introduced their teachings of Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, and Sufi Muslim beliefs. The KJB translators new these forty-five manuscripts were corrupted and did not use them. All bibles since the KJB have these corrupted manuscripts watered in them thanks to the Drs. of Satan Westcott and Hort who brought out the Vataicanus and Sinaiticus which had been rejected by early Christians and laid dormant for over five hundred years. These corrupted manuscripts were used by these workers of Satan in their New Greek Text which is found in all bibles since the KJB. This explains why meanings are changed and verses missing in all modern perversions. The New Greek Text used in all bibles since the KJB is corrupt!

Tennessee

#37 Mar 25, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> So in other words we don't know what is truth or fiction in any bible according to you.
Still ignoring me I see....after all these years....you never change your ideas, you never change the same poisonous lies you preach, you just change your name.
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#38 Mar 26, 2014
Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
Still ignoring me I see....after all these years....you never change your ideas, you never change the same poisonous lies you preach, you just change your name.
I stand for the truth and truth hurts. God has preserved all his words from the original manuscripts in some Godly bibles and the last one was the KJB. Satan has always added to and taken away God's words to cause confusion. The first time Satan added to God's word was when he added the word not to what God told Eve. God said ye shall surely die if you eat of the tree of knowledge, then here comes the ole devil Satan who is the father of all lies and tells Eve ye shall surely NOT die. Satan continues to spew his lies through his false bibles and cause confusion. It was a good day when the majority of churches used the KJB and you could actually follow the preacher. Not today as some go in circles using up to seven bibles in the same service and many times the verses in no way mean the same. Kids today can't even memorize verses because they can't keep up with all the perversions. The Lord's prayer is a prime example which the NIV changes to the devil's prayer.

Tennessee

#39 Mar 26, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> I stand for the truth and truth hurts. God has preserved all his words from the original manuscripts in some Godly bibles and the last one was the KJB. Satan has always added to and taken away God's words to cause confusion. The first time Satan added to God's word was when he added the word not to what God told Eve. God said ye shall surely die if you eat of the tree of knowledge, then here comes the ole devil Satan who is the father of all lies and tells Eve ye shall surely NOT die. Satan continues to spew his lies through his false bibles and cause confusion. It was a good day when the majority of churches used the KJB and you could actually follow the preacher. Not today as some go in circles using up to seven bibles in the same service and many times the verses in no way mean the same. Kids today can't even memorize verses because they can't keep up with all the perversions. The Lord's prayer is a prime example which the NIV changes to the devil's prayer.
If you have proof for everything that you claim, then why not give us a link instead of just claiming that you are correct? The theory of KJV only thinking is based on the believing of a few men. Benjamin Wilkinson, the originator of the "KJV Only" movement and Seventh-day Adventist missionary, J.J. Ray, David Otis Fuller, and Peter S. Ruckman. Those are the original propagators of the "KJV Only" belief. From Wilkinson in the first generation, through Ray in the second, and Fuller and Ruckman in the third, the entire KJV-Only movement has arisen, and every present-day "KJV Only" believer is, in varying ways, a direct spiritual descendant of these ill-informed men. And as the movement has progressed from one generation to the next, with each new generation arising from intellectually-incestuous in-breeding, the views have become more radicalized and extreme. To the point that we have people like you today... Those that blissfully continue in their ignorance, willfully ignorant of the truth, not seeing the truth because they DO NOT want to see. But I truly do feel sorry for you and all others that share the "KJV Only" belief, because you all are the victims of the multitude of gross distortions, errors, corruption's, misunderstandings, misrepresentations, and, in some cases, out-right lies of these men I mentioned before and all the others that have propagated their false beliefs .
Truth Hurts

Morristown, TN

#40 Mar 26, 2014
Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have proof for everything that you claim, then why not give us a link instead of just claiming that you are correct? The theory of KJV only thinking is based on the believing of a few men. Benjamin Wilkinson, the originator of the "KJV Only" movement and Seventh-day Adventist missionary, J.J. Ray, David Otis Fuller, and Peter S. Ruckman. Those are the original propagators of the "KJV Only" belief. From Wilkinson in the first generation, through Ray in the second, and Fuller and Ruckman in the third, the entire KJV-Only movement has arisen, and every present-day "KJV Only" believer is, in varying ways, a direct spiritual descendant of these ill-informed men. And as the movement has progressed from one generation to the next, with each new generation arising from intellectually-incestuous in-breeding, the views have become more radicalized and extreme. To the point that we have people like you today... Those that blissfully continue in their ignorance, willfully ignorant of the truth, not seeing the truth because they DO NOT want to see. But I truly do feel sorry for you and all others that share the "KJV Only" belief, because you all are the victims of the multitude of gross distortions, errors, corruption's, misunderstandings, misrepresentations, and, in some cases, out-right lies of these men I mentioned before and all the others that have propagated their false beliefs .
I'm not a KJB only man. There have been other bibles that use the Textus Receptus. All bibles since the KJB have the New Greek Text watered in them that used corrupt Alexandrian Manuscripts. This is why you will see almost all the same changes in modern perversions. Did you know the New World Translation of the Jehovah Witness's uses the same text (New Greek Text) as all the other perversions? You will find the most of the same verses missing (1 John 5:7) in it and most of the same meanings changed. I'm sorry for you that you won't admit that there have been changes made by Satan in God's word. God tells in in Revelation 22:18&19 about adding to and taking away from His book. You don't think it has happened yet? LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy Davidson (Nov '09) 4 min CinnamonPlug 30
Kimbrough (Sep '13) 11 min well 14
Mahllle 12 min Lol 2
Women who have no heart 16 min Two of a kind 33
Morristown DMV - Long wait 23 min Good place 7
Electric Bills 28 min CinnamonPlug 46
Jessie 32 min Not Brianna 3
MEN, who the HELL needs them? 36 min oblong 31
Morristown's Worst...Remember Nicky Sutton? (Dec '08) 37 min legalbeagle 343

Morristown Jobs