First Prev
of 4
Next Last
No more drug stores

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 26, 2010
Why is it that 70% of residents here seem to be pill heads? WTF?
economy

Morristown, TN

#2 Apr 27, 2010
Morristown's residents are too poor for any REAL drugs.

“Troll Killer ”

Since: Apr 09

Pandemonium

#4 Apr 27, 2010
economy wrote:
Morristown's residents are too poor for any REAL drugs.
That's completely stupid.

The average 'pillhead' you refer to is addicted to opiates. I'm assuming you are such a stand-up citizen that you are completely ignorant of the street value and cost of pills. Crack, cocaine and methamphetamine are all three both cheaper than pills. The average cost of an oxycodone 40 mg is 25$-40$- and with a good habit you could consume hundreds of dollars a DAY in pills. Pills are just easier to get than other drugs with the exception of marijuana.
Hannah

Knoxville, TN

#6 Apr 27, 2010
FerventHowler wrote:
<quoted text>
That's completely stupid.
The average 'pillhead' you refer to is addicted to opiates. I'm assuming you are such a stand-up citizen that you are completely ignorant of the street value and cost of pills. Crack, cocaine and methamphetamine are all three both cheaper than pills. The average cost of an oxycodone 40 mg is 25$-40$- and with a good habit you could consume hundreds of dollars a DAY in pills. Pills are just easier to get than other drugs with the exception of marijuana.
I'm not surprised at all that you know allllll about the drug scene. Your ugly attitude screams 'loser'.
yep

Norcross, GA

#7 Apr 27, 2010
PILBILLY'S!

Zyk

“Fate is inexorable”

Since: Oct 09

Dandridge, TN

#8 Apr 27, 2010
Hannah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised at all that you know allllll about the drug scene. Your ugly attitude screams 'loser'.
Ugly attitude?
You should thank him for responding as reasonably as he did...
This is why people in this area continue to be so stupid...you get insulted/intimidated when someone comes along that is smarter than you and/or speaks without the name-calling you're all so used to. He pointed out an inaccuracy...rather politely.
Sponge Bob

Morristown, TN

#9 Apr 27, 2010
Zyk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugly attitude?
This is why people in this area continue to be so stupid...you get insulted/intimidated when someone comes along that is smarter than you and/or speaks without the name-calling you're all so used to. He pointed out an inaccuracy...rather politely.
Hey ZYk, this area doesn't need any illegal drug dealers Prescription drugs are now the largest abused drugs in the area. What does that tell you about who the real drug dealers are.

“Troll Killer ”

Pandemonium

#11 Apr 27, 2010
Sponge Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ZYk, this area doesn't need any illegal drug dealers Prescription drugs are now the largest abused drugs in the area. What does that tell you about who the real drug dealers are.
Hey, other dumbass - no one said anything about selling drugs or BEING a drug dealer. Someone made a (typically) stupid remark about why Morristown residents are all on pills - I simply responded by stating the facts. You know, FACTS? Those things that are the truth? I mean do the both of you have fricking ADHD or did you even READ the beginning of this thread? Peas in a pod.( Excuse me, I meant to say two idiots in a pod.)

“Troll Killer ”

Pandemonium

#12 Apr 27, 2010
Zyk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugly attitude?
Quite right - I have a policy to be polite to someone until they become rude to me first. Some of the people on here are so stupid I'm unsure how they managed the enourmous task of turning on their computer, but somehow, they did and ended up here. Weird!

( I tried having conversations with these types of people, but that usually evolves into what this thread is now. Thanks for being around to ruin Topix for the rest of us, morons!)
Thyme

Morristown, TN

#13 Apr 27, 2010
Sponge Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person goes to a pain clinic, gets a prescription & fills it, then sells some of those pills; it's ILLEGAL. There are plenty of people in the area who are doing this. Just because it came from Walgreens to begin with doesn't mean you can sell it. If you do then you're breaking the law and you have now become a drug dealer.
here it goes

Morristown, TN

#14 Apr 27, 2010
Zyk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugly attitude?
The problem is when one actually needs pain pills or any opiates and the Drs. here gives it to them, they usually end up getting hooked on them cause the Dr. never took care of the the problem they just help mask it with pills. The patient gets hooked and so now they become a pillhead. If the Dr dont give them the pills they end up buying them on the street. No, I am not a pillhead but have been around a few and this seems to be where their problem started. Then to u have those people that have an addictive demeanor so it is very easy for them to get hooked.
citizen

Morristown, TN

#15 Apr 27, 2010
Pills? Is that the reason the women in Morristown that are 30 and look like their 60?

Zyk

“Fate is inexorable”

Since: Oct 09

Dandridge, TN

#16 Apr 27, 2010
I don't give a shit about pills or who takes pills or what constitutes legal or illegal....I posted simply to correct Hannah, who is obviously an idiot. Other than that, I'm not involved with this conversation.

“Troll Killer ”

Pandemonium

#17 Apr 27, 2010
here it goes wrote:
<quoted text> The problem is when one actually needs pain pills or any opiates and the Drs. here gives it to them, they usually end up getting hooked on them cause the Dr. never took care of the the problem they just help mask it with pills. The patient gets hooked and so now they become a pillhead. If the Dr dont give them the pills they end up buying them on the street. No, I am not a pillhead but have been around a few and this seems to be where their problem started. Then to u have those people that have an addictive demeanor so it is very easy for them to get hooked.
You're right...You just perfectly described someone I know.

This person never took a pill in their lives until they were diagnosed in 2000 with a chronic painful disease. The doctor prescribed a HUGE amount of painkillers, and 6 months later, you have someone who has a BIG problem.

She later lost her insurance, started selling pills to be able to pay for her prescription ( 120 Oxy 40 mgs + 90 hydrocodone 10's =$1,200 + doctor visit =$1,260, due every thirty days) and ended up getting arrested not long afterwords. She later detoxed and got off the drugs, thankfully, but she's still ill and still is administered painkillers when she ends up in the hospital. There's no way around someone who has a chronic painful disease being given painkillers - it's what that person is going to do once they're hooked where the problems start.
Answer

Saint Cloud, FL

#19 Apr 28, 2010
The answer is because like 75% of Morristown is on Tenn Care, which means free pills. The Dr's dispense them like candy and what they don't eat they sell to thier other low life friends. This is just another example of our tax dollars hard at work!!!!!
here it goes

Morristown, TN

#20 Apr 28, 2010
Answer wrote:
The answer is because like 75% of Morristown is on Tenn Care, which means free pills. The Dr's dispense them like candy and what they don't eat they sell to thier other low life friends. This is just another example of our tax dollars hard at work!!!!!
There friends are not necessary low life friends they are the ones the Drs. help get them addicted. I understand where u r coming from but u must have never had bad pain problems or u would understand these people are not low life people.
Welcome Mat

Morristown, TN

#21 Apr 28, 2010
Pills are horrible around here. Everyone is on them. In fact, I know several people who run down to Florida at least once a week to go to one of the clinics. That's where the problems are stemming. I just got out of a year long relationship with someone who stole hundreds of dollars from me for 'roxys'. Shoots them up. And its so easy for kids to get into... I swear if people aren't doing them they're selling them. And then you've got the 25% of Morristown who are actually doing right... it kind of makes me sick. I agree that the doctors down there are the crooked ones, but hell they're getting their money so why should they care? It's an epidemic.
clinics

Morristown, TN

#22 Apr 28, 2010
all pain clinics need to be shut down

“Troll Killer ”

Pandemonium

#23 Apr 28, 2010
here it goes wrote:
<quoted text>There friends are not necessary low life friends they are the ones the Drs. help get them addicted. I understand where u r coming from but u must have never had bad pain problems or u would understand these people are not low life people.
Here It Goes is right ( that's a cool handle, you should join and use that name, I would), you can't group these people all in together. I knew cancer patients, people who had been crushed from the waist down, etc. etc. who NEED pain clinics. But I'll tell you something else - it's the doctors who sit in those clinics, and don't look at medical records, don't look at criminal history, that are handing those pills out to people who are obviously junkies...I've seen it with my own eyes. They are just as much to blame as the people who are ruining it for the LEGITIMATE pain patients.
No more drug stores

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Apr 28, 2010
The main reason I posted is bc I moved here two years ago and it seems that I can't find anyone worth dating bc either they smoke marijuana or are constantly poppin some type of pill. My job is what keeps me here, otherwise I would consider moving.(I know some smart ass is going to post "well why don't you move if you don't like it")

these people abusing pills have no shame
May 6 should def be a day when we pray for these people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the Duggers aren't so wholesome are they? 24 min Ms Sassy 31
Am I the only girl who doesn't like to give oral 31 min Lol 48
Jersey girl got it goin on 2 hr hottie 11
mysa football 2 hr New Era 20
Studies show hot white women like black men (Aug '11) 2 hr hjjhjk 490
evening van route for Lakeway achievement centet 11 hr Republican 12
ncr women 11 hr hotgcb 1
More from around the web

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE