Yes

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Yes, it was packed. New store is much smaller than the old one. Lots of clerks on duty. Nice store.....but....I prefer the old one because it had more homes goods and food items. The old store had such a great selection of lamps, furniture, dishes, cookware, food items, etc. The selection at the new store is very limited. Maybe they'll give us a Home Goods store at the old location. That would be fantastic. But the new store is very nice, but narrower aisles.
Oh yes

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

Yes wrote:
Yes, it was packed. New store is much smaller than the old one. Lots of clerks on duty. Nice store.....but....I prefer the old one because it had more homes goods and food items. The old store had such a great selection of lamps, furniture, dishes, cookware, food items, etc. The selection at the new store is very limited. Maybe they'll give us a Home Goods store at the old location. That would be fantastic. But the new store is very nice, but narrower aisles.
I went and was wondering if anybody felt like myself about it. It is a nice new store but, I was disappointed that it seemed to be more of a clothing store than anything. Like you I really miss the furniture and home decor. I went looking for pictures and was surprised to find a very very small selection. A home goods would be nice in Morristown..
sad but true

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

Morristown is just a dyeing town. Most likely nothing will change it...
I agree

Bulls Gap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

I also went to the new store Thursday, I was very disappointed too on the size and lack of the decor items . Yes it is nice and new but just not the same as the old store.
Yes

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

sad but true wrote:
Morristown is just a dyeing town. Most likely nothing will change it...
The only thing that will change Morristown is leaders with vision and the ability to break up the good ole boy network that is ruining the town. Our business community here is rife with greed, jealousy, dishonesty, and immaturity. Not one of them can think beyond dollar signs for themselves. They have no regard for the long-term impact of bringing in dollar store after dollar store, building in flood plains, ignoring city codes, etc. And city government is no better. There's no code enforcement for building and zoning regulations. Spot zoning is the norm. No residential neighborhood within city limits is safe from commercial intrusion. Combine all this with an industrial board and chamber that are less than transparent, then, yes, Morristown is a dying town. It's reputation is well known in the region but our so-called leaders refuse to see it.
Agree

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that will change Morristown is leaders with vision and the ability to break up the good ole boy network that is ruining the town. Our business community here is rife with greed, jealousy, dishonesty, and immaturity. Not one of them can think beyond dollar signs for themselves. They have no regard for the long-term impact of bringing in dollar store after dollar store, building in flood plains, ignoring city codes, etc. And city government is no better. There's no code enforcement for building and zoning regulations. Spot zoning is the norm. No residential neighborhood within city limits is safe from commercial intrusion. Combine all this with an industrial board and chamber that are less than transparent, then, yes, Morristown is a dying town. It's reputation is well known in the region but our so-called leaders refuse to see it.
How many successful and great shopping malls have a TJMaxx? NONE! How many successful and great shopping malls have a Longhorn in their parking lot? NONE. They may have a TJMaxx down the road or a Longhorn across the street. This is prime example of the ignorance in Morristown. Most of the ppl in Mtown think a new TJMaxx, a steak house or a new Walmart is growing. I love to look back over the years. The drunks in town so thought LBTD was going to bring a Red Lobster, a rednecks fish house or an Olive Garden share the big salad bowl. The very places their kids would work as teens but nothing they could do after college. Of course the ppl who think Morristown is growing by leaps and bounds (I think I read that in some other post) must have a daddy rabbit that gave them a job or they are such idiots the only way they got a job is because someone knew them.

I tell my kids go as far west as you can when I graduate and when I pull my tour of duty at the hell hole I work at, I'll be right there with them!
revealing

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

was worth noting that our commissioners believe we must spend money for the new jail to house deadbeats. However, they believe the current dollars invested in our school system is sufficient and should not be raised! Sad for our children, even more sad for the future of Morristown.

Why should Morristown's drug thugs take priority over our children?
Yes

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

I got on TX Maxx's website and Home Goods website and sent them an email to please bring back our Home Goods store.(They're two separate companies, but under one ownership.) I wonder what went in to their decision to move and downsize? Was the rent too high at the old location? Did they think Morristown wasn't worthy to have our own Home Goods store? It just seems odd that the only really good shopping Morristown has ever had felt the need to scale back. Was our Chamber involved? Any of our local "business" people? Or strictly a corporate decision? The nearest Home Goods store is on Kingston Pike and one in Asheville, NC.
Oh yes

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

There is a very nice Tj maxx on kingston pike & right next door is a home goods. All we hear is shop local. Give the people places to shop and we will spent our money in Morristown. I think Tj's will see that they hurt themselves for down sizing. I will take my business to Knoxville.
Agree

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Oh yes wrote:
There is a very nice Tj maxx on kingston pike & right next door is a home goods. All we hear is shop local. Give the people places to shop and we will spent our money in Morristown. I think Tj's will see that they hurt themselves for down sizing. I will take my business to Knoxville.
I don't agree. TJX on Kingston Pike is a junk hole. Unorganized and so on. The Home Goods a few doors up is ok but really the stuff is over prices and everyone doesn't need something glass or one of the God awful pictures they have. Who exactly buys that crap? I went to TJX Morristown today and believe me it is a JOKE. Before I went in I noticed everyone coming out had not bought anything. They have a few rags scattered about here and there but nothing really worth the price tag. I looked at women's tops and thought geez $19.99 for a tshirt that most likely sales at Walmart for $5.99. As I was going out the door empty handed of course, I looked over at the check out and thought those poor gals are having a hard time trying to figure out what they are doing. Didn't they train the new kids on the block before they stuck them on the front line???????? Who is the manager at that place. That same guy from the other store. He always made me think you'd have to kick him in the head to get him moving. I am so full of it aren't I?????
Yes

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree. TJX on Kingston Pike is a junk hole. Unorganized and so on. The Home Goods a few doors up is ok but really the stuff is over prices and everyone doesn't need something glass or one of the God awful pictures they have. Who exactly buys that crap? I went to TJX Morristown today and believe me it is a JOKE. Before I went in I noticed everyone coming out had not bought anything. They have a few rags scattered about here and there but nothing really worth the price tag. I looked at women's tops and thought geez $19.99 for a tshirt that most likely sales at Walmart for $5.99. As I was going out the door empty handed of course, I looked over at the check out and thought those poor gals are having a hard time trying to figure out what they are doing. Didn't they train the new kids on the block before they stuck them on the front line???????? Who is the manager at that place. That same guy from the other store. He always made me think you'd have to kick him in the head to get him moving. I am so full of it aren't I?????
Take your meds, please.
Frequent Customer

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

I shop there frequently and know many of the associates. The original store was oversized from what the company normally builds. Homegoods did not bring in the money the company planned on and from what I was told and witnessed the many times I was there, customers were always asking for markdowns. The items are already sold at a discounted rate! Cheap people is what caused them to not want to move with the TJ store. The manager has been with the company for years and is never just standing around. If you have a complaint asked an associate for the comment/complaint number.
Please People

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Frequent Customer wrote:
I shop there frequently and know many of the associates. The original store was oversized from what the company normally builds. Homegoods did not bring in the money the company planned on and from what I was told and witnessed the many times I was there, customers were always asking for markdowns. The items are already sold at a discounted rate! Cheap people is what caused them to not want to move with the TJ store. The manager has been with the company for years and is never just standing around. If you have a complaint asked an associate for the comment/complaint number.
Why can't we get aTarget!! TJ MAX???
Mexicano

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

I would like to see more Mexican stores.
Oh yes

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Mexicano wrote:
I would like to see more Mexican stores.
Speaking of Mexicano's. Driving through mall lot today and looked like the Mexican trail was headed in to the Maxx. Nothing better than spending a day shopping looking at their fat unruly kids running all over the store all the while the mammy keeps piling clothes in the buggy. Love that roll of bills they pull out at the register!

We all know who will be the new money in a few years. Maybe by that time Garcia will be out of prison and will run for Mayor of Morristown. Hey it works for the Reids! Lol lol
Lol

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

They have nothing good

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Morristown Forum right now

Search the Morristown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 16 min Irving 141,083
Is Flowers Bakery a good place to work. (Dec '08) 47 min Why 67
holly long 54 min Hmm 4
Morristown Utilities Systems (MUS) 54 min Public notice 513
Tony Blackburn 1 hr mia 3
deja vape 1 hr Jason 37
nice booty thick women 1 hr Jason 6
I put my wife naked pictures on wife lovers 7 hr Insane 21
•••
•••
•••
Morristown Dating

more search filters