First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned citizen

Morristown, TN

#1 Dec 17, 2007
Okay what do yall think about the metro? My personal opinion is that it should be shut down 1. they had their beer license taken *although now given back* 2. I know personaly for a fact that they let in underage kids *which even got served beer* 3. How many fights or beat downs have to happen there for something to be done??
moneytalks

Morristown, TN

#2 Dec 17, 2007
it's all about $$$$$$$$$$
concerned citizen

Morristown, TN

#3 Dec 17, 2007
well i wish someone in this city would wake up and realize that even one of our very on MPD officers was beat down at the metro about a year ago i think...when will the lively hood of our community out weigh money? i know i know probally never,....but it's wishful thinking i guess
No Fun In Morristown

Powell, TN

#4 Dec 18, 2007
concerned citizen wrote:
Okay what do yall think about the metro? My personal opinion is that it should be shut down 1. they had their beer license taken *although now given back* 2. I know personaly for a fact that they let in underage kids *which even got served beer* 3. How many fights or beat downs have to happen there for something to be done??
And where do you suggest that the people between the ages of 18 and 30 go to for music and entertainment. Your attitude is why kids move away from here after high school because there is NOTHING to do as far as a social life other than attend church functions. Just my opinion.
concerned citizen

Morristown, TN

#5 Dec 18, 2007
Well...lets put it this way...how come..The DOWNTOWN hasnt had any problems......no beatdowns..... no beer permit problems.....
In the know

Morristown, TN

#6 Dec 21, 2007
concerned citizen wrote:
well i wish someone in this city would wake up and realize that even one of our very on MPD officers was beat down at the metro about a year ago i think...when will the lively hood of our community out weigh money? i know i know probally never,....but it's wishful thinking i guess
It was a county officer but never the less it still was an officer
motownmoma

Morristown, TN

#7 Dec 21, 2007
Can we really pull in artist like T Payne without the Metro?!?!? I'm old but I giggy wit it at ta bar winder

Since: Oct 07

Vegas.

#8 Dec 21, 2007
The Metro is nasty. I'm all for a free market and capitalism, but still. This place is gross. Morristown needs less places like that and more places that will actually benefit the town. Maybe a REAL bookstore, not like that place at the mall. When I went to Chicago last year, there was a 3 story Borders. That was a GREAT place. You could go in for hours and sit and read and no one would bother you. Our town doesn't need a new Walgreens (With a CVS across the street), we need something that people can actually benefit from.
Watch-Dog

Jefferson City, TN

#9 Dec 22, 2007
Whats a "T Payne"???(giggy wit???)
motownmoma

Morristown, TN

#10 Dec 22, 2007
T Payne is an artist...(are rappers artist?) He performed at Metro along time ago and now has a hit out
mo town gal

Morristown, TN

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Yeah a book store....that sounds good...then maybe Tpain can write a book and we can pull him in....LOL

Since: Oct 07

Vegas.

#12 Dec 29, 2007
mo town gal wrote:
Yeah a book store....that sounds good...then maybe Tpain can write a book and we can pull him in....LOL
It would be better than having a club that only attracts trash.
mo town gal

Morristown, TN

#13 Dec 29, 2007
LoL I agree West Grad...I have a friend in from Myrtle Beach that was raised here and she said she wanted to take her boyfriend to the metro I almost laughed her out of the house...I said yeah u can take him there but he'll come out with the herpies!! I AGREE MAN! I AGREE!
Jason

Nashville, TN

#14 Dec 29, 2009
The Metro is awful.
Vols suck

Newport, TN

#15 Dec 29, 2009
I agree that we need places for amusement and entertainment. I have never been to the metro but I heard it is real lame. Come on guys it is on south Cumberland what do u expect. In my opinion I don't feel like goin to a place filled with Mexican skanks. But that is just me.
my opinion

Schaumburg, IL

#16 Dec 29, 2009
i agree that us 20 - 30 somethings need better hang outs, but the MEtro??? i don't care how bored i was, i'd never set foot in there. i myself would try to open a classy night spot, but not sure if it would do well.... i wouldn't want that metro trash coming over.
lol

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 10, 2010
that place does suck. it sucked when it opened and it sux now. someone posted that they got their beer license back, but i actually went there for the first time in years a few months back it it was byob!!!! not to mention, you dont see many whites. they have a "latino" night but you could go in there on any given night and its 90% mexican, 8% black, and 2% white. needless to say, i felt a little out of place. and there were maybe a total of 60-70 people in there, if that. it was one of the nights c goody and bagotta (or however the hell he spells it) was performing. well i still had a good time cause i was hanging with a couple friends i hadnt seen in forever, but uhhhh, definately not a good club. i honestly dont see how they stay in business. and yes they do occasionally have somewhat famous people in there, but no one big.
Concerned Parent

United States

#18 Mar 10, 2010
My sons 14 and 15 year old friends go to the metro, how in the h#ll is that possible? Older crowd, teenage girls, and alcohol should not be used in the same sentence. Where are the police officers?
silliness

Knoxville, TN

#19 Mar 11, 2010
that place has always been like that. i seen first hand they let minors in. i went up there with someone when it first opened who knew a bouncer and talked him into letting two 17 year old girls in with us. but they had to be out by 11. lol!
Concerned Parent

United States

#20 Mar 11, 2010
I bet you that this weekend they'll be in there drinking again. Unbelievable!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Edmonds arrested for rape?? 1 hr bommer 1
Morristown Channel 7 - IGNORANT. 1 hr derryberry 3
Looking for a HUD Appoved Home that will excep... 1 hr derryberry 2
What's the friendliest and most courteous pharm... 2 hr Jesus saves 1
Looking for Mark Heck or Melissa 2 hr Janet Kay - genius 8
My Phobia; My Fear 5 hr hey baby 3
5 point 6 hr PlayBall 6
Restaurant Servers Leaving Too Quickly To Get R... 9 hr Whuteva 44
SCAMMERS on FACEBOOK , who r they 16 hr Julia 51
Lawn Mowing service - How much to mow 2 acres? (Feb '14) Sun Bombardier 51