Dr. Woody at healthstar walk-in clinic

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
outraged

United States

#1 May 19, 2010
This man is a nut and should lose his job!!!! Anyone else with a bad experience!!!
hey

Morristown, TN

#2 May 19, 2010
Why you say that? And he's not a doctor he is a PA
outraged

United States

#3 May 19, 2010
I don't care what he is!!!! He saw my son for a high temp and body aches and was extremely rude! He acted as if we weren't important! He even ask me what meds I thought he should write for him! This hasn't been the first time he has acted this way! He needs to find another career!
wow

Canada

#4 May 19, 2010
He was rude to my kid everytime I go he's a smartas_ or rude he needs a slap n the face to let him no he. Ant god
SERIOUSLY

Talbott, TN

#5 May 19, 2010
I went in with stomach aches and after telling him 4 times I CAN NOT BE PREGNANT(tubes tied) she till insisted I take a test(which I refused) and then he gave me a 10 min speech about how my stomach issues could be cause by a tubal pregnancy. HELLO do you read charts and listen to patients?
SERIOUSLY

Talbott, TN

#6 May 19, 2010
*he not she sorry
Friend

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 19, 2010
Ron Woody is a very good friend of mine. He is fabulous at his career and one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met! Everyone don't click with every person they meet, but you cannot find a mire caring person!
just saying

Morristown, TN

#8 May 19, 2010
Many people have their tubes tied and then get pregnant. Not saying u r
Dont like

White Pine, TN

#9 May 19, 2010
I don't care for him either and will not go there because of him. The last time we were there he decided to go to a yard sale across the road with the waiting room PACKED! He has mademe feel like my issues were silly. I don't like him as a PA.
Oldie

United States

#10 May 19, 2010
SERIOUSLY wrote:
I went in with stomach aches and after telling him 4 times I CAN NOT BE PREGNANT(tubes tied) she till insisted I take a test(which I refused) and then he gave me a 10 min speech about how my stomach issues could be cause by a tubal pregnancy. HELLO do you read charts and listen to patients?
actually a tubal pregnancy after having your tubes tied is a pretty common occurrence. I know plenty of people who also have regular pregnancies while their tubes being tied so that actually doesn't mean anything. Although I do completely think he is insane from personal experiences at the walk in clinic I do have to say what he said to you WAS a possibility.
Ricky Bobby

Seymour, TN

#11 May 19, 2010
If Iwas to go in there and told them I'd been moving my couch and my back got twisted and was a hurting like the dickens would they give me a purscription for a big bottle of hydrakodones?
outraged

United States

#12 May 19, 2010
This guy is a nut and unless healthstar is begging for a lawsuit they better send him packing!!!
SERIOUSLY

Talbott, TN

#13 May 19, 2010
Yes I know ppl who have gotten pregnant after having their tubes tied, and if I had had any other signs of pregnancy then yes I might have taken the test and even believed I MIGHT be pregnant but after 3 kids and 4 pregnancies I knew better. Come to find out after going to the E.R. a week later I had to have emergency gallbladder surgery.
normal sane person

Knoxville, TN

#14 May 19, 2010
It sounds like to me that you're such a crazy uppity insane 8itch that the good Doctor just was, probaly like a lot of people you come into contact with, wanting to have nothing to do with such a loonytoons like you.
Maybe you should look into some mental counselling?
Cloudy Sky

Quitman, TX

#15 May 20, 2010
I have never saw Ron before but my husband did, for what we thought might have been the flu, turned out not to be the flu just a good case of the common cold & some sinus issues. He was very prompt with the care he gave we were on our way in no time. I agree he is a bit differant but what kind of mood would you be in by the time you saw all the walk in patients by yourself.
happymother

Morristown, TN

#16 May 20, 2010
I have been to him once and only once. Does he forget that I am paying him to be there? He was extremely rude, and would not even answer my questions, just told me the nurse would be back to answer. I have a friend who said he was very rude to her as well.
Oh Well

Morristown, TN

#17 May 20, 2010
Pretty sure most of these comments have been posted by the same person using different names.

Anyway, I have seen him several times and the visits were "normal". He didnt do anything spectacular but he defintiely didnt do anything negative either. I had a reasonable wait, he came in, I told him what was wrong, and he gave me what I needed to get on my merry way. No drama and uneventful. However, I know they get some real "doozies" in there.
crazy

Nashville, TN

#18 May 20, 2010
Friend wrote:
Ron Woody is a very good friend of mine. He is fabulous at his career and one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met! Everyone don't click with every person they meet, but you cannot find a mire caring person!
Fabulous is not really the word I would use. This is my opinion only..don't start bashing me.

I once took my 6 mo old infant in there as she had terrible diahrea and was vomitting something aweful. She had 3 bm's while he was in the room and had vomitted once. He did a CHEST xray, and said she had pneumonia. He was really concerned about the amount of fluid he said was in her lungs and told me that she needed to be admitted immediately. I was really confused. She wasn't coughing at all and showed no symptoms of pneumonia. I followed his advise and rushed her to the hospital. He had phoned them and they were waiting for us. The end result was that my child had rotavirus NOT pneumonia. Her chest xray showed that she had NO fluid in her chest at all. The ER doctor snickered and appologized for Dr. Woody's mistake, but was not at all surprised. I never did figure this whole thing out. There is an obvious difference to me between poop and puke and oxygen levels. I will never use him again, under any circumstances.
surfing

Morristown, TN

#19 May 20, 2010
Have been to Woody lot's of times,he is a real nice person,and always gave me meds to get me well,he is very smart and knows what to give.

“I say what I mean”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#20 May 20, 2010
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fabulous is not really the word I would use. This is my opinion only..don't start bashing me.
I once took my 6 mo old infant in there as she had terrible diahrea and was vomitting something aweful. She had 3 bm's while he was in the room and had vomitted once. He did a CHEST xray, and said she had pneumonia. He was really concerned about the amount of fluid he said was in her lungs and told me that she needed to be admitted immediately. I was really confused. She wasn't coughing at all and showed no symptoms of pneumonia. I followed his advise and rushed her to the hospital. He had phoned them and they were waiting for us. The end result was that my child had rotavirus NOT pneumonia. Her chest xray showed that she had NO fluid in her chest at all. The ER doctor snickered and appologized for Dr. Woody's mistake, but was not at all surprised. I never did figure this whole thing out. There is an obvious difference to me between poop and puke and oxygen levels. I will never use him again, under any circumstances.
I would've went straight to the ER with an infant that sick.
I've been to Woody several times, always with pneumonia/broncitis. He has alwasys been very efficient, and friendly. If he had his own practice, I would be a patient.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeep's 1 hr momma 6
shawnee smith (Jun '14) 3 hr news 146
MUS Fibernet 5 hr mechanically incl... 8
sirens 5 hr Lana 9
Photographer needed for Senior Pics (Jul '09) 5 hr motown man 25
Kyle Carr (Dec '13) 5 hr class 4 19
Who is good? Septic Tank Repair (May '09) 6 hr please 7
Morristown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl