Lakeway Regional Hospital

Lakeway Regional Hospital

Posted in the Morristown Forum

mom_of_2cuties

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 11, 2009
Took my son to Lakeway yesterday, he had a tonsillectomy. took him to the e.r. last night because he was throwing up blood, and alot of it. We sat in the e.r for 30 minutes before my son was seen, he was covered in blood. that is just rediculous. they admitted him. the nurse gave him an i.v. it didn't go into his vein, she was supposed to observe him overnight. this mornin he woke up with his arm so swollen it looked like it was going to bust. She didn't even care.. Will drive 50 miles if i have to go the the e.r again will not be going back to lakeway
Hmmmmm

Morristown, TN

#2 Mar 31, 2010
Went to MHHS to have a check for a stone. Simple procedure of placing die in the vein, right? The drove the needle through the vein and shot the die in the muscle. Normally you check for blood before you put in the die, at least that's what I'd do. This was not comfortable and had a lot of swelling and pain. I was the patient and this is a true story.
ThatsOK

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 31, 2010
Took my brother in law to MHHS and he was bleeding from the mouth. Took an hour to see him. They shipped him to Knoxville because they didn't know what to do. He was there for 6 hours in the ER without any info till the last minute.
canturead

Morristown, TN

#4 Mar 31, 2010
this post is about Lakeway, there is another site for MHHS. you people need to learn to read
new

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 31, 2010
Have been to both hospitals.Never had to wait longer than 30 minutes at MHHS. waited over an hour and a half at lakeway. the people ay lakeway were rude and Could care less about your health.Woll never go back there as a patient.
not a lrh fan

Church Hill, VA

#6 Apr 2, 2010
well guys... its like all the hipe says... lakeway is "for profit, not for patient" or something like that... you get the gest. mhh may not be the best in the world, but lakeway is definately the worst. and it really concerns me of the possibility that lrh may someday own mhh. guess i will be driving to knox. as well for healthcare.
haha

Morristown, TN

#7 Apr 2, 2010
by the time cuts r made because of obamacare hospitals in knoxville may just be as bad... but we will see
Cat fish hunter

Morristown, TN

#8 Apr 2, 2010
I heard they have lots of nurses fresh out of school and not much experience. Heard a person i used to work with hit a mid life crisis decided to be a nurse at age 50+ and is currently working up there. I'm all for people and changing careers but what this woman did for 30+ years and had no interest in the medical field at all, I really wouldn't want her checking my temperature with an electronic must less gouging a vein for an IV.
not a lrh fan

Church Hill, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2010
Cat fish hunter wrote:
I heard they have lots of nurses fresh out of school and not much experience. Heard a person i used to work with hit a mid life crisis decided to be a nurse at age 50+ and is currently working up there. I'm all for people and changing careers but what this woman did for 30+ years and had no interest in the medical field at all, I really wouldn't want her checking my temperature with an electronic must less gouging a vein for an IV.
So... what did she do before she went into Nursing?
Cat fish hunter

Morristown, TN

#10 Apr 2, 2010
not a lrh fan wrote:
<quoted text>So... what did she do before she went into Nursing?
Chase, hook and sleep with anything coming and going in a local factory. She probably went into the nursing job so she could pretreat or treat any disease she may have spread over the years.
not a lrh fan

Church Hill, VA

#11 Apr 2, 2010
Cat fish hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Chase, hook and sleep with anything coming and going in a local factory. She probably went into the nursing job so she could pretreat or treat any disease she may have spread over the years.
LOL! I bet you are right. Or maybe she is tired of hookin the bluecollar factory workers, Maybe now she's after a doctor.... personally I think she is better off with the factory guys. I have known some doctors that are just plain NASTY!!! But again, on the UP side... they can treat her nasty diseases! VALTREX ??? LOL
Cat fish hunter

Morristown, TN

#12 Apr 2, 2010
Cat fish hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
$5 sez you are right. She had her a good ole rich hootin boyfriend (of course he was one of them thar good ole country boys) but she hooped and hollered it up with everything she could finally he got 'tard' and dumped her.
not a lrh fan

Church Hill, VA

#13 Apr 2, 2010
Cat fish hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
$5 sez you are right. She had her a good ole rich hootin boyfriend (of course he was one of them thar good ole country boys) but she hooped and hollered it up with everything she could finally he got 'tard' and dumped her.
LOL you are so funny
Confused

Morristown, TN

#14 Apr 3, 2010
not a lrh fan wrote:
well guys... its like all the hipe says... lakeway is "for profit, not for patient" or something like that... you get the gest. mhh may not be the best in the world, but lakeway is definately the worst. and it really concerns me of the possibility that lrh may someday own mhh. guess i will be driving to knox. as well for healthcare.
Just wait till Obamcare takes root. Healthcare will be so bad they may both close down.

Just a note: For Profit and Not for Profit bot are for profit, unless it's the Government. We know how for profit the government is. Trillions in debt. MHHS and Lakeway are profit based organizations. They both are there to make money. The other option is close the doors and shut down ... or sell.
Cat fish hunter

Morristown, TN

#15 Apr 4, 2010
not a lrh fan wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you are so funny
Thank you I pride myself on telling the truth but in a funny way.
college prof

Fort Campbell, TN

#16 Apr 8, 2010
My family lives in morristown and two members have developed cancer. Forget morristown which is a bastard child of knoxville, they were both treated terribly in knoxville and went to the accredited cancer center in Laughlin hospital in greeneville and could not have been treated better. The oncology team more than met our needs and their equipment is state of the art. Very pleased and highly recommend to all others I come into contact with. Easy access and excellent care. Give them a try. You will not regret it
listing

Tazewell, TN

#17 Apr 7, 2011
college prof wrote:
My family lives in morristown and two members have developed cancer. Forget morristown which is a bastard child of knoxville, they were both treated terribly in knoxville and went to the accredited cancer center in Laughlin hospital in greeneville and could not have been treated better. The oncology team more than met our needs and their equipment is state of the art. Very pleased and highly recommend to all others I come into contact with. Easy access and excellent care. Give them a try. You will not regret it
the name of the hospital please??
Bodid

Morristown, TN

#18 Jul 17, 2011
listing wrote:
<quoted text> the name of the hospital please??
Had to be MHHS. This was the only one that did treatments. Has anyone heard anything good about MHHS lately? There's must be something good going on over there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
michael shelton 30 min Tell Her 6
B better be on the watch for BH to take her man 1 hr Chili 5
Would you get engaged on the anniversary of yo... 1 hr Martha 22
Christian Rubio 2 hr Dislike Rubios 15
I Have a iPhone 3 hr Hateful 7
free birth control at the health department (Apr '11) 4 hr Laura 67
New world order 5 hr Hmmm 4

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance