Morristown Youth Sports Association
Fball Parent

Morristown, TN

#111 Oct 6, 2008
morristown mom wrote:
My kids have played in this league for the past four years. I do not like selling the cards or the candies. That's my least favorite of any sport but the fact is fundraising is a part of any sport or organization kids are in these days. Get use to it. Sure, I don't know exactly where the money goes but as a suggestion maybe the board should post an expense sheet showing what monies came in and what has been paid out. As far as the emails, I am an average parent and I have received emails from the MYSA all year updating me from dates of physicals up to the award ceremony. Yes, the award ceremony started late but they are just human cut the people some slack. I don't see any of you who are complaining out there doing any better and if you think you can then shut up and do it. The rebate from the card money doesn't go to the coaches, it goes to the teams for their banquets, trophies, etc.
It does go to the coaches to help with the expenses but who accounts for the coach? Most parents are charged money for these expenses up front (long before the playoffs). This is another area that needs greater accountability. The league does not provide anything for the banquets-the individual coaches must arrange, order trophies, etc. IF they give the teams money after the playoffs as one of the other posters suggested then why are parents not refunded any of their upfront fees? I was told the teams were provided this money at the awards ceremony by the board. Which is it? Does it depend on your team? Ask about the coach that abruptly left with card money a year or so ago. Did the board ever get that money? Was any of it used to benefit that team? Ask those parents-I have.
eagle dad

Morristown, TN

#112 Oct 6, 2008
i heard the falcons won league champs. how does that happen when the eagles are 5-0
morristown mom

Thompsons Station, TN

#113 Oct 6, 2008
I don't know about other teams but we have a great bunch of coaches pee wee, junior and cheerleading. I have enough confidence in our coaches to know that they put any money given to them towards the kids then and only then do they ask parents for extra. I know that not all people are trustworthy so I understand wanting accountability and that is not unreasonable. I do not know about if the board ever got the money back from that person last year or not? It is up to the coaches and/or team mom to arrange banquets and ordering trophies. As far as the awards day, I believe that #52 on the falcons got best defense and the colts player got best offense, special teams went to #50 of the bears. the cheerleaders 1st went to the bears, 2nd to the eagles and 3rd to the warriors.
eagle dad

Morristown, TN

#114 Oct 6, 2008
what about league champs?
still

United States

#115 Oct 6, 2008
it was still crazy in that gym and unorganized
morristown mom

Thompsons Station, TN

#116 Oct 6, 2008
I believe it was a three way tie and they decided it by points scored and the warriors came out first, colts second and falcons third. I guess they decided ties by head to head and if that don't work out then points scored and then if still tied then points allowed.
eagle dad

Morristown, TN

#117 Oct 6, 2008
the eagles have outscored the teams they beat 148 to 25 how does the point system work?
morristown mom

Thompsons Station, TN

#118 Oct 6, 2008
Are you talking about jr. or pee wee league champs?I am probably wrong about the warriors. I am not sure. Maybe someone else will post who won what.
eagle dad

Morristown, TN

#119 Oct 6, 2008
the pee wee league
Steven

Morristown, TN

#120 Oct 6, 2008
I have a solution. Put all the kids on the field. Leave a cuple parents out to watch that nobody gets hurt and then all the adults go over in the woods and just have at it. That way it is out of yourns systems.

All of the mothers is lookin at each other and sizine each other up. Just trying to find something to gossip about or complain about so they do not feel so bad in their own world.
JSR

United States

#121 Oct 6, 2008
The mothers are not sizing each other up. Who are you talking about Steven?
Awards

United States

#122 Oct 6, 2008
The awards went as follows for those who don't know. PW MVP Dorien Carmicheal Eagles PW Best Offense I am not sure PW Best Defense Blake Greenlee Bears JR MVP Clavin Smith Colts Best Defense Will Lawless Falcons Best Offense Bryson Sthephens Falcons Best Speacial Teams Brandon Lane Bears PW Sportsmanship Redskins JR Sportsmanship Bears PW Coach Shane Hines Bears JR Coach Micheal (don't know last name) Eagles Cheer Coach Teresa Simmons Bears Cheer Competition 3rd in Spirit Colts 2nd Redskins 1st Falcons 3rd Overall Warriors 2nd Eagles 1st Bears.

And regarding the complaint about the broken karoke if you have a problem with that then I suggest you contact East High because it was their sound system that was used.

“Just My Opinion”

Since: Oct 08

Morristown

#123 Oct 6, 2008
Awards wrote:
The awards went as follows for those who don't know. PW MVP Dorien Carmicheal Eagles PW Best Offense I am not sure PW Best Defense Blake Greenlee Bears JR MVP Clavin Smith Colts Best Defense Will Lawless Falcons Best Offense Bryson Sthephens Falcons Best Speacial Teams Brandon Lane Bears PW Sportsmanship Redskins JR Sportsmanship Bears PW Coach Shane Hines Bears JR Coach Micheal (don't know last name) Eagles Cheer Coach Teresa Simmons Bears Cheer Competition 3rd in Spirit Colts 2nd Redskins 1st Falcons 3rd Overall Warriors 2nd Eagles 1st Bears.
And regarding the complaint about the broken karoke if you have a problem with that then I suggest you contact East High because it was their sound system that was used.
Josepsh Jackson from the Warriors won PW offense and I think the Eagles coach's last name is Johnson or Jackson not really sure and regarding the sound system at East it has sucked for a while
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#124 Oct 6, 2008
I am not a board member. Thank God.
Teresa

United States

#125 Oct 6, 2008
Oh come on Hillary you know it would be a blast LOL
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#126 Oct 7, 2008
Teresa, you are getting attacked from all ends by different people. What is your problem? I have defended MYSA. I have defended you. You do not know me. If you did who cares. I made a observation about a coach and the way he behavies. That is what these web sites are designed for. I have given lots of info to support the board members and try to create an understanding of how to improve this organization. Why are you being so defensive if you have nothing to hide? You are mad at the wrong person. You need to worry about "your cheerleaders". You have created enough mess with them.
I grew up on baseball fields and in school gyms. Football is new for me. I does not require a college education to understand and know right from wrong. I am ashamed to be part of this. Yes,I am ashamed of myself. I am not innocient. This is no longer about my kids or your kids.
MYSA is operated under a larger organization. I am looking for that info. I think maybe it is time for them to step in. I have said that increasing the # of people involved would be positive. I also think maybe an unbiased person on the board could be a good thing. One with no connection to MYSA. A accountant or "uninvolved" lawyer. Things need to change. It is too late to fix this mess now. As soon as I get the info about who MYSA is under I will post it. In the mean time, doesn't Mysa board members have a Meeting tomorrow? It is an open meeting. I will be there.
Look for me Teresa.
Teresa

United States

#127 Oct 7, 2008
I am sorry if I offended anyone especially you Hillary. I am defensive about some things but I don't have anything to hide so if you want to know something just ask. I will be at the meeting tomorrow night and will be glad to talk to you or to anyone else that shows up. If I wanted to hide I wouldn't have posted my real name on here. And the last comment I made was supposed to be a joke.
concerned parent

Morristown, TN

#128 Oct 7, 2008
what i would like to know is there anyone over matt?
concerned parent

Morristown, TN

#129 Oct 7, 2008
yeah, i'm with you hillary...there has to be someone over the board members, like an organization or group...i know at white pine the lions club is over everyone. they make all the major decisions. they do get new equipment, as you can see, they are always well dressed.this is my sons first year with this league and will be the last.thank goodness he will be at lincoln heights middle next year.he will probably sit on the bench, but i would rather have him on the bench instead of in this big bunch of a MESS!!and as for poochie simpson...he must be doing something right..his team hasnt lost a game yet..and the jr falcons(his old boys)are doing pretty good too....
concerned parent

Morristown, TN

#130 Oct 7, 2008
i'm not real familiar with all board members yet..but i would be very careful if you are on the board..read some past newspapers from dandridge..there were several people who may face jail time for stealing money from the broncos..if anyone ever hires an auditor and figures dont add up..i'm glad its not me involved..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Swimming Pool Store in Mtown 45 min Pool girl 2
TiM thread (Sep '15) 1 hr wow 10
Dear Arby's 1 hr 2real4u 31
Travel Agency 1 hr No question 3
Who's selling at the farmers market 4 hr Sweet guy 7
Jared 5 hr Maybebaby 5
Carman Hicks 6 hr Omg 8
morristown's wealthiest 7 hr citizens unite 32

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web