do they have bball tryouts???
tyler

Morristown, TN

#25 Sep 24, 2008
funny
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#27 Sep 24, 2008
Exactly. It is football for six, seven, and eight year old boys. This is the age where they learn. Not be screamed at, humiliated in front of friends and family. I understand that you want to make the boys tough. I understand that being rough and loud is the norm for FB coaches. I can accept that. This situation is different.
Jenny

Morristown, TN

#29 Sep 24, 2008
I have had three children in rec league.1 in football and two in cheer.From their experiance there they moved on to cheer and play football for middle and highschool.If you have ever payed for school athletics then you know what you give or sell for rec league is nothing in comparison.As for who the coaches are sleeping with...well that's none of my concern as long as it's not on the field or at my childs pratices.As far as flag football...try getting a place on the team starting in offensive,defensive,and special teams with that under your belt.lol...those kids sit on the bench while mine prayed for a break.Parents get upset when their kids don't win...they demanded my son birth certificate even.When they saw he was legit ...well it wasn't the hill cheatin anymore.Parents run rec league...if theres anything dirty about it..it's the parents.
Mommy ntheknow

Morristown, TN

#30 Sep 24, 2008
We played on thise league for 1 year and gave it up. It was the biggest bunch of rednecks I've ever seen. We play church league basketball now.
Pee Wee Eagles Mom

Morristown, TN

#31 Sep 24, 2008
The Eagles coach is like any other football coach that wants to win. You get excited in football and if you want your kid to play middle or high school ball the coaches only get louder and tougher from pee wee. Besides that life is not quite and caring and you have to prepare your kids for reality. Everyone is different and as a parent you have to decide if this league is right for your child if it's not then take them out. By the way the Colts coaches this past Saturday were just as bad, so call DCS twice Hillary!!
Concerned Mom

Morristown, TN

#32 Sep 24, 2008
Beenthere wrote:
I have first hand experience of this so called organization. So many turnovers and it seems every year they have someone on the board that steals money. Heard the cheerleading board woman this past year was a personal and proffesional mess. HEard her husband was a sexual predator and this is what we have runnign the league. Get out. Move to the white pine league or lets get on board to help parks and rec start something. This league needs to clsoe the doors or do some testign and interviewing and have a board that oversees the board......
Kids are impressionable!!!!!!!!
<quoted text>
Been Them
What is the first name of the woman that her husband is a sexual predator because I know a woman that was a Cheerleading Coach a few years back that is now married to a man that is 100% without a doubt a sexual predator I can give you details on what this man did and how long he was in prison for it. If this is the same woman she or her husband do not need to be around our children he is a dangerous man we need to talk about this more and it is time Morristown knows what this man plead GUILTY to!!!!!!
wow

Newport, TN

#33 Sep 24, 2008
My son plays in this league, and I am so over it. This is the 3rd year he has played and it will be the last. This league is a joke for sure. They nickel and dime you to death and expect you to sell these crappy discount cards that don't have anything worth going to on them.

It is absolutely ridiculous to make 5, 6, & 7 year olds practice 2 hours a night 4 nights a week during the school year. And the way the coaches carry on screaming and acting stupid over games that will never matter to these kids again. Last time I checked, colleges don't recruit you based on your football skills from when you were 7. I think these coaches are trying to live out their football fantasies through these poor kids, and it's absolutely ridiculous. If I didn't have to put so much money into this league I would have already made him quit. We will wait until middle school and play for a league that might matter someday.

MYSA definately needs to get their act together!
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#34 Sep 24, 2008
Pee Wee Eagles Mom wrote:
The Eagles coach is like any other football coach that wants to win. You get excited in football and if you want your kid to play middle or high school ball the coaches only get louder and tougher from pee wee. Besides that life is not quite and caring and you have to prepare your kids for reality. Everyone is different and as a parent you have to decide if this league is right for your child if it's not then take them out. By the way the Colts coaches this past Saturday were just as bad, so call DCS twice Hillary!!
I am positive that the Colts coach did not stop the game to scream. There was no time out, they were not at the start of a quarter, Coach Simpson came onto the field, he moved players about, walking the width of the screaming like a mad man. I thought you were only aloud 30 seconds between plays. The rant lasted atleast 3 min. I could not understand what he was saying because he was screeching like a 12 year old little girl. I am aware that all coaches act aggressivly but this is not comparable.
Also, how can you claim to be a good coach and role modle when you teach players to quite if they are not winning? Last season at a tournament in Newport the Falcons and colts had a game. In the third quarter Poochie pulled his team and went home because his team was losing. Great coaching. You can defend the behavior, alot of people do. But you know that it is not right.
I am pleased with our coaches and would not change one thing. We want to win but we also want to teach. If humiliating and scaring children is the way to have a great team then my child will never be on a #1 team. I want him to have self worth and pride in what he does.
football mom

Knoxville, TN

#35 Sep 26, 2008
I would love to see the pop warner league come to morristown.
Fball Fan wrote:
MYSA won't let anybody in who may have better ideas. Ask the last guy who was in charge of the league what happened. The kids are the ones who get the short end of the stick. There is no financial responsibility-sell your fundraiser cards and maybe your team will get money back (or maybe not-you could even owe the league). Some teams get sponsors and free uniforms others get to pay extra $$. A true league would treat all the teams the same.
We need POP Warner football. There is a league worth joining.
football mom

Knoxville, TN

#36 Sep 26, 2008
I do feel that the mysa does need reconstructing, however who is going to step in and take over? All of the offices are volunteered positions and they are not paid for doing it, but it doens't mean they are doing it right. I haven't heard anyone at any games speak up and say WE NEED TO MAKE CHANGES!!! If your not going to do anything about it then why complain. People need to be treated with respect and equally. Maybe we as parents should put together a protest and show up for the next MYSA meeting. They are open to the public and are posted on their website. I just want my son to enjoy football and to continue to learn about the game that he loves to play and as a 10 year old boy has a dream to play in the NFL one day!
ANGRY MOM

Knoxville, TN

#37 Sep 26, 2008
MY SON GOT HURT LAST YEAR MATTHEW KELT SAYING O BRING ME THE BILL O BRING ME THE BILL I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. I TOOK HIM THE BILL AND GUESS WHAT HE IS A LIER AND I CANT STAND TO LOOK AT HIM I DONT EVEN LIKE TO HEAR HIM SPEAK. THAT IS OK IT IS NOW BEEN HELD BY MY ATTORNEY { HOPEFULLY IT AINT HIS BED BUDDY} IF IT WASNT FOR MY SON I GUESS WORLD WAR THREE WOULD START. ENOUGH OF THAT FART FACE BUTT SNIFFER MATTHEW

i WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IM AM GLAD THAT MY SON GOT ON THE TEAM HE GOT ON I LIKE THE COACH - THE TEAM MOM I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER MY OLDER SON PLAYED SEVERAL YEARS AGO WHEN MR GREER AND THE OTHER GANG HAD IT GREAT GREAT WHERE ARE MR GREER AND HIS FRIENDS AT. OK SEE YOU GUYS LATER
I know

Morristown, TN

#38 Sep 26, 2008
Mommy ntheknow wrote:
We played on thise league for 1 year and gave it up. It was the biggest bunch of rednecks I've ever seen. We play church league basketball now.
I agree about the mysa, but church league basketball is for sissies and parents who dont want too much competition for their kids. Put your kid in the mtown rec league!! My daughter played "UPWARD" for 1 year, and it was the biggest joke i've ever seen, the guy who ran it prayed before the game for 5 minutes, prayed at halftime for 10 minutes, didnt want the parents to talk to their kids{especially no yelling} and worst of all they didnt keep score!! Wah, wah, wah we got beat lets cry! Why bother?? If you want your kid to be an athlete then let them play city league with real athletes!!!
pooch

Morristown, TN

#39 Sep 26, 2008
protect wrote:
<quoted text>It absolutely was Poochie Simpson Hillary was refering to. Why is no one else addressing this matter? Are we scared? Maybe someone from DCS should come to a game and decide for themselves if this is abuse.
women, whining and bitching about something they dont have a clue about.........imagine that.
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#40 Sep 26, 2008
pooch wrote:
<quoted text> women, whining and bitching about something they dont have a clue about.........imagine that.
Is that the most educated comeback you can come up with? You should let your following of parents defend you. You can stick to whining and screaming like a woman on the field. It's quite entertaining.
hatin haters

Morristown, TN

#41 Sep 26, 2008
pooch wrote:
<quoted text> women, whining and bitching about something they dont have a clue about.........imagine that.
SEXeST PIG!!!Go back to the nineteenth century you SWINE!
whats the deal

Morristown, TN

#42 Sep 26, 2008
hillary, do you know why poochie pulled his team last year?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#43 Sep 26, 2008
This is crazy. People need to realize that this is football and I know for a fact that they will be roughed up alot more than this if they decide to make any kind of career with football. Boys need to be rough, that is why we have have a problem now with boys growing up liking boys and putting make-up on. I wish that it was like when I was a kid and you actually tried out for a team and if you din't make it then practice and try harder next year. Go Poochie Simpson ,do it boy!!As far as I see your doing somethin right because the PW Eagles haven't lost a game yet!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#44 Sep 26, 2008
Fball Fan wrote:
MYSA won't let anybody in who may have better ideas. Ask the last guy who was in charge of the league what happened. The kids are the ones who get the short end of the stick. There is no financial responsibility-sell your fundraiser cards and maybe your team will get money back (or maybe not-you could even owe the league). Some teams get sponsors and free uniforms others get to pay extra $$. A true league would treat all the teams the same.
We need POP Warner football. There is a league worth joining.
There is alot of talent in Mtown and there are kids that may not have an opportunity any where else to get the exposure to it if they don't get a chance to do it locally. I think that everybody should get a chance at it and not have to sell stuff like crazy just to be able to play or cheer. There should be sponsors from these huge local companies that would give to the kids. The league should work on these sponsors before the seasons is even here & put back from the beginnig of the year just for needy kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anybody know anne rogers? (Oct '14) 6 min yolo2001 20
citizen tribune 8 min For Real 6
Cynthia Mitchell 11 min CynthiaMitchell 2
Next to Weigel's 24 min For Real 7
Petition to free Nat Allan 55 min Dude 17
Brandy 57 min Dude 4
Kawasaki 3 hr Dont do it 17

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance