Morristown Youth Sports Association

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Smiling Farm Mom

Morristown, TN

#1 Sep 15, 2008
I have searched and searched for the phone number to the Morristown Youth Sports Association, to no avail. We are new here and it was recommended by another mom. But she did not have the number.. Parents if you could kindly post the number of the MYSa so that I may enroll my children in sports. If you have another organization that is not the MYSA this would be fine too, its just West Elementary does not have any sports that I am aware of that they are trying out.
Thanks very very much...
try this

Morristown, TN

#2 Sep 15, 2008
You need to try the Morristown Parks & Recreation
five eight six zero two six zero
Rebecca Marcum

Morristown, TN

#3 Sep 15, 2008
The MYSA does not have an acutal number at the office because it is only manned one day a week during football season. There is a list of numbers posted on the door and if you would like to e-mail me directly I can give you a phone number but do not wish to post it here. The e-mail for the league is morristownyouthsports@yahoo.co m and the website is http://www.leaguelineup.com/morristownyouthsp...
I am the treasurer of the league and would be happy to answer any questions you have. MYSA is not involved with the Parks & Rec department...we are our own separate organization for tackle football and cheerleading.
Phillip

Leesburg, FL

#4 Sep 15, 2008
But Rebecca's cell number is 423........

ahh just playing Rebecca, Hope all is well with you and have a blessed day!
bill clinton

Morristown, TN

#5 Sep 18, 2008
How do you people feel about the President of the league and the Attorney Getting caught in the bed together. Maybe thats why no one can contact them.
Raiders Fan

Morristown, TN

#6 Sep 18, 2008
Bill, now lets not start throwing stones!!(or Lawyers)

That whole outfit is a joke!
I miss it when it was with the Parks/Rec. That is when it was a League! When the Raiders/Steelers RULED!!

Not this mess they got running it now.
Loading their own teams with the better players (President) and making it all about how good he thinks he looks.
Don't get me started on the others. LOL
COMMON

Morristown, TN

#7 Sep 18, 2008
bill clinton wrote:
How do you people feel about the President of the league and the Attorney Getting caught in the bed together. Maybe thats why no one can contact them.
He does it all the time. Nails/Screws anything that aint fastened down.

NASTY!!
fooseball

Morristown, TN

#8 Sep 18, 2008
what a joke of a league, what do u guys have 5 games? maybe 6, lmfao, i'm putting my kids in the flag league next year. no kidding get your moneys worth MYSA is a fkin joke!!!!
Peanut

Morristown, TN

#9 Sep 19, 2008
That funny as H E L L!
East High dad

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2008
Raiders Fan wrote:
Bill, now lets not start throwing stones!!(or Lawyers)
That whole outfit is a joke!
I miss it when it was with the Parks/Rec. That is when it was a League! When the Raiders/Steelers RULED!!
Not this mess they got running it now.
Loading their own teams with the better players (President) and making it all about how good he thinks he looks.
Don't get me started on the others. LOL
Are you joking??? The league was bad when Garrett had it and the "hill" tried to recruit all the better players up there. The league folded when the Hillcrest/John hay area started to win all the time. If you don't like how it is, take over!!!
Fball Fan

Morristown, TN

#11 Sep 19, 2008
MYSA won't let anybody in who may have better ideas. Ask the last guy who was in charge of the league what happened. The kids are the ones who get the short end of the stick. There is no financial responsibility-sell your fundraiser cards and maybe your team will get money back (or maybe not-you could even owe the league). Some teams get sponsors and free uniforms others get to pay extra $$. A true league would treat all the teams the same.

We need POP Warner football. There is a league worth joining.
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#12 Sep 23, 2008
bill clinton wrote:
Why doesn't Parks and Rec provide a football leage? The whole President and attorney thing, the people involved should be ashamed. The KIDS know many details. We have coaches telling thier teams not to offer "good game" shakes out of spite for the opposing coach. Apparently it is OK to stand around at practice and discuss your personal life to whoever will listen, even the kids. This is not what I want my child exposed to. Grow up people. The season will be over soon. Can't you wait a few more weeks to drag each other through the mud? Lets play football!

I do have an opinion about the abuse I witnessed at a Eagles game. The coach makes quite a scene. He also should be ashamed. People go to jail for less. When did it become OK to grab face mask and/or sling six, seven and eight year old kids? All the screaming and yelling is way to much. Where are the parents? Are they happy with this behavior? If you witnessed the same situation at Wal Mart you would think it is child abuse. Why is no one doing anything about this. It feels good to win. Is it worth this price?
WHAT

Morristown, TN

#13 Sep 24, 2008
Hillary
Was not at the Eagles game. Which coach was doin that?
Beenthere

Morristown, TN

#14 Sep 24, 2008
I have first hand experience of this so called organization. So many turnovers and it seems every year they have someone on the board that steals money. Heard the cheerleading board woman this past year was a personal and proffesional mess. HEard her husband was a sexual predator and this is what we have runnign the league. Get out. Move to the white pine league or lets get on board to help parks and rec start something. This league needs to clsoe the doors or do some testign and interviewing and have a board that oversees the board......

Kids are impressionable!!!!!!!!
East High dad wrote:
<quoted text>Are you joking??? The league was bad when Garrett had it and the "hill" tried to recruit all the better players up there. The league folded when the Hillcrest/John hay area started to win all the time. If you don't like how it is, take over!!!
Morristown Too

Morristown, TN

#15 Sep 24, 2008
Smiling Farm Mom wrote:
I have searched and searched for the phone number to the Morristown Youth Sports Association, to no avail. We are new here and it was recommended by another mom. But she did not have the number.. Parents if you could kindly post the number of the MYSa so that I may enroll my children in sports. If you have another organization that is not the MYSA this would be fine too, its just West Elementary does not have any sports that I am aware of that they are trying out.
Thanks very very much...
They are having basketball tryouts now. Boys this week & girls next.
Morristown Too

Morristown, TN

#16 Sep 24, 2008
Also - there is Youth Bowling League at West End Lanes for kids ages 4 & up. It's every Sat. morning. It starts Oct. 11 (saw it on a flyer at the bowling alley.) Says it's $7/wk. per kid.
Are U Kidding

Morristown, TN

#17 Sep 24, 2008
Come on people, Park & Rec dept are crooks too.
They stack the teams, look the other way for their buddys, etc, etc. Did anyone not a part of
the "In Croud" know that Rec Leauge Baseball has already started, and the Almighty ALL STARS are being picked right now.. Ha, Ha it never ends
Hillary Clinton

Morristown, TN

#18 Sep 24, 2008
WHAT wrote:
Hillary
Was not at the Eagles game. Which coach was doin that?
When it comes to athletic organizations in this town, things are run very dirty. Anyone involved can see this. I choose to protect my family since we are the actual "minority" in this league. Take it as you want. At the Eagles game there is 1 coach who shows his ass and inflicts what I concider physical abuse and verbal abuse upon his players. If you did not witness this then you were watching the wrong game. We are talking about the MORRISTOWN YOUTH SPORTS ASSOCIATION, PEE WEE EAGLES. Correct?
frankie randall

Morristown, TN

#19 Sep 24, 2008
morristown parks and rec. are having sign-ups for boys and girls basketball right now.
BMX RACING

Morristown, TN

#20 Sep 24, 2008
give bmx racing at morristown bmx a try

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastor Richard Emmert 3 min The Verser 10
I am madder an hell 12 min The Verser 3
Ferguson "protests" 17 min butfuker 44
Husband/wife share Facebook 56 min soandso 2
Morristown couple's puppy dies, store says no r... 58 min turkey 48
Anybody ate at Popeyes 1 hr Over It 39
Morristown's Worst...Remember Nicky Sutton? (Dec '08) 2 hr Michelle Burchett... 244
Morristown Dating
Find my Match

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morristown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morristown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:37PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab