Road Commission "Barry Poole" heartle...

Road Commission "Barry Poole" heartless to save dog stuck in a culvert! So sad

Posted in the Morristown Forum

SAD

Morristown, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2014
GingerandRick Sanders
Timeline
Recent

Status
Photo / Video
Place
Life Event

Status
Photo / Video
Place
Life Event

I want everyone to look at this photo and listen to the story I have to tell. This loving dog got loose a couple of days ago and we searched for her for 2 solid days. Someone was walking in front of the house and heard her whimpering in a culvert below the street, she ended up almost 60 feet in a drain pipe where no one could reach her so naturally I started calling the humane society, Animal Shelter Road Commission whoever I could get hold of to help with the situation. If anything was going to be done it was going to have to be approved by head of road commission Barry Poole. I contacted this man and told him the situation and his comment to me was it would take about 3 days to get somebody out there to see were the water lines power lines Exedra was located. I explained to Barry she would never make it that long. His comment to me was, there was nothing he could do that he was not going to be doing any digging around where she was at so I told him if you are not going to help me get her out then I was going to start digging myself and do what I had to get her out , his reply to me was and I quote if you go through with this and you hit a water line or anything like that you will be held responsible for any damages. So I asked him what am I supposed to do just let her lay in there and die? And his response to me was she is an old dog so she probably went in there to die that is what older dogs do so I told him even if she does pass before we can get her out she doesn't need to be left in the drain and what he said next absolutely infuriated me to no end. He told me it would be ok she can just lay down there and decompose and she will finally wash away over time. From there I was done talking to him. I did not know what to do or where to go from there. Somehow and I'm not sure how yet the Morristown County Sheriff's Department got involved. I Want to thank God that a couple deputies came up because they were told about the situation. With that being said a few strings was pulled and someone was called that had a backhoe and was able to get her out. We took her to the vet and she is getting care as we speak . I would really like to thank officer Eddie Hefner and office Mathis for getting the ball rolling and getting the people together to make the rescue. I also want to say thank you to Darryl Griffey, Tim Greene from the water dept. And all the surrounding neighbors . There is more I need to thank but I just do not know their names. My reason for posting what I have is, I would really like you to think about who you vote for when election time comes to vote in Road Superintendent. Myself I usually do not concern myself with it but from here on out you can bet I will. Like I told you earlier Barry Poole would have been content in letting this defenseless husky die in the drain but thank God we do have people out there that actually care. I would like to ask all my friends to please repost this so this can be heard about. THANK YOU
Animal lover

Morristown, TN

#2 Aug 2, 2014
It takes one heartless SOB to sit and watch an animal suffer and die. Thumbs up for the sheriffs dept for getting involved and doing the right thing. There are still a few good people. Glad it worked out ok.
over it

Morristown, TN

#3 Aug 2, 2014
Ive had dealings with that jackass in the past & he is just that....maybe someone should put him in a culvert to die, nobody would miss this P.O.S. anyway.
Sad

Morristown, TN

#4 Aug 2, 2014
I know the people the dog belongs too and I am so glad that they got their dog out of there for them. What if it had been a child in there, would Poole still be heartless like he was with a families dog? He has hurt his self in the things he said and the things he did not do. We will all remember your name & how much you didn't care.
over it

Morristown, TN

#5 Aug 3, 2014
The only reason he has a job is because nobody runs against him !
Call WATE

Morristown, TN

#6 Aug 3, 2014
Call WATE and tell them about it. Wow what a story
Faith No More

Monroe, NC

#7 Aug 3, 2014
He'll I thought he was already dead, ever drive on the county roads, they suck! No one important must live on Warrensburg rd, pot holes, shotty patch work, and at one point I thought they were going to have to come out and mow part of the middle. This is one do nothing road commishner. He has to go, pretty sure no one will miss him.
Red Jack

Whittier, NC

#8 Aug 6, 2014
I will never vote for Him again.
Rob

Pineville, NC

#9 Aug 10, 2014
Wow I didn't know my boss was like that. I might just turn my notice in tomorrow and move to Florida.
Question

Morristown, TN

#10 Aug 10, 2014
Faith No More wrote:
He'll I thought he was already dead, ever drive on the county roads, they suck! No one important must live on Warrensburg rd, pot holes, shotty patch work, and at one point I thought they were going to have to come out and mow part of the middle. This is one do nothing road commishner. He has to go, pretty sure no one will miss him.
I agree. You do a crappy job, Barry and you county road guys.
Rob

Franklin, NC

#11 Aug 11, 2014
Wow I have a great boss. :)
yep

Morristown, TN

#12 Aug 12, 2014
IF YOU GUYS THINK YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB THAN THEY CAN GET YOUR OWN A$SFAULT TRUCKS AND SNOWPLOWS AND HAVE AT IT.
yep

Morristown, TN

#13 Aug 12, 2014
SAD wrote:
GingerandRick Sanders
Timeline
Recent
Status
Photo / Video
Place
Life Event
Status
Photo / Video
Place
Life Event
I want everyone to look at this photo and listen to the story I have to tell. This loving dog got loose a couple of days ago and we searched for her for 2 solid days. Someone was walking in front of the house and heard her whimpering in a culvert below the street, she ended up almost 60 feet in a drain pipe where no one could reach her so naturally I started calling the humane society, Animal Shelter Road Commission whoever I could get hold of to help with the situation. If anything was going to be done it was going to have to be approved by head of road commission Barry Poole. I contacted this man and told him the situation and his comment to me was it would take about 3 days to get somebody out there to see were the water lines power lines Exedra was located. I explained to Barry she would never make it that long. His comment to me was, there was nothing he could do that he was not going to be doing any digging around where she was at so I told him if you are not going to help me get her out then I was going to start digging myself and do what I had to get her out , his reply to me was and I quote if you go through with this and you hit a water line or anything like that you will be held responsible for any damages. So I asked him what am I supposed to do just let her lay in there and die? And his response to me was she is an old dog so she probably went in there to die that is what older dogs do so I told him even if she does pass before we can get her out she doesn't need to be left in the drain and what he said next absolutely infuriated me to no end. He told me it would be ok she can just lay down there and decompose and she will finally wash away over time. From there I was done talking to him. I did not know what to do or where to go from there. Somehow and I'm not sure how yet the Morristown County Sheriff's Department got involved. I Want to thank God that a couple deputies came up because they were told about the situation. With that being said a few strings was pulled and someone was called that had a backhoe and was able to get her out. We took her to the vet and she is getting care as we speak . I would really like to thank officer Eddie Hefner and office Mathis for getting the ball rolling and getting the people together to make the rescue. I also want to say thank you to Darryl Griffey, Tim Greene from the water dept. And all the surrounding neighbors . There is more I need to thank but I just do not know their names. My reason for posting what I have is, I would really like you to think about who you vote for when election time comes to vote in Road Superintendent. Myself I usually do not concern myself with it but from here on out you can bet I will. Like I told you earlier Barry Poole would have been content in letting this defenseless husky die in the drain but thank God we do have people out there that actually care. I would like to ask all my friends to please repost this so this can be heard about. THANK YOU
I See no picture here just a buncha words. where's the pic at?
Question

Morristown, TN

#14 Aug 12, 2014
yep wrote:
IF YOU GUYS THINK YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB THAN THEY CAN GET YOUR OWN A$SFAULT TRUCKS AND SNOWPLOWS AND HAVE AT IT.
Hey, Mr. County Employee, it's not our job, so why don't you do yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew derkes 34 min we know you 1
Anyone know Jacklyn Kimbrough 1 hr People are better 75
Snapshot c/t 1 hr missing stock 3
Kawasaki 2 hr Dont do it 2
any one care to give out some 411 on the sexton... (Jan '11) 2 hr Sortingitout 8
Transmissions R Us 2 hr Shocked 1
If anyone knows NIGEL REID JR. Tell him he done... (Jan '15) 2 hr Sortingitout 12

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages