deacon10

Morristown, TN

#1 Aug 22, 2008
I would like to start my own business, tired of working for someone else ... what type of business do you feel that we need .... food, retail, service, some type of franshise ... would consider most any
Dixie Cupp

Morristown, TN

#2 Aug 22, 2008
If I were you..I would go back to school and get a degree. Then, you can be the boss.
Nouveaux

Franklin, TN

#3 Aug 22, 2008
There are tons of things needed in Morristown. A few franchises we could use something like a Panera Bread / Atlanta Bread Company; a Jason's Deli; Dunkin Donuts / Krispy Kreme; Marble Slab / Cold Stone Creamery; Papa Murphy's / Mellow Mushroom. Those are just the food items and I'm sure I could think of others.

I'm working on a business plan now to open another coffee/tea shop in Morristown. I like Java Garden for lunch, but I consider it more of a lunch restaurant than a true coffee house. I'd love to see more entrepreneurs open places in Morristown and work to make the town a better place to live.
Melissa Carson

Morristown, TN

#4 Aug 22, 2008
Panera Bread does not sell single-unit franchises, so it is not possible to open just one bakery-cafe. Rather, we have chosen to develop by selling market areas which require the franchise developer to open a number of units, typically 15 bakery-cafes in a period of 6 years.

Panera Bread franchisees must be well-capitalized to open great bakery-cafes and meet this aggressive development schedule. Additionally, they must have a proven track record as excellent multi-unit restaurant operators to operate great Panera Bread bakery-cafes.

Qualification Criteria
Applicants must meet these criteria to gain consideration for a Panera Bread franchise:

Experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator
Recognition as a top restaurant operator
Net worth of $7.5 million
Liquid assets of $3 million
Infrastructure and resources to meet our development schedule
Real estate experience in the market to be developed
Total commitment to the development of the Panera Bread brand
Cultural fit and a passion for fresh bread
Markets Available for Franchise Development
Reno, Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
Shreveport, Louisiana
Toronto, Canada
deacon10

Morristown, TN

#5 Aug 22, 2008
Dixie Cupp ... a college degree is not a magic solution, I have one. Companies down size everyday as many shift work outside of the country or cut back due to economic reasons. I was the boss and prefer common sense, honesty and work experience.
Print Shop

Franklin, TN

#6 Aug 23, 2008
We could use a good print shop here in town. Not only good product, but also good service.

Since: Feb 08

Morristown

#7 Aug 23, 2008
Just had a doughnut shop in the buffalo trail area close. So not sure a Dunkin doughnuts would be a great idea. But had tossed the thought of opening one. A coffee/internet cafe wouldn't be a bad idea. Better to get some solid demo-graphic data. And then start from there. People think they know what morristown needs. But what does morristown need that they will actually continue to pay or visit ? I have found hamblen/morristown to be a very fickle community. Compared to say Dallas,Tx or Richmond,Va?
Ole Sam McGee

United States

#8 Aug 29, 2008
Morristown needs a newspaper worth a damn and liquor by the drink.
Citizen

Morristown, TN

#9 Aug 30, 2008
A very successful Knoxville business person told me years ago that Morristown was a difficult and unpredictable market. He indicated that when the rest of the state was thriving Morristown would "hunker down," and when the nation was in recession the Morristown builders would throw up luxury homes. In other words, he stayed out of here and focused on Knoxville, Maryville and Cleveland areas. My point is, I would suggest some hardball market research before putting myself at risk. The demographic data would be eye opening. For example, what is the average household income and how has that changed in the last decade? Best of luck to you.

Since: Aug 08

Morristown, TN

#10 Aug 30, 2008
Having you our business is not all that it is cracked up to be. You have to be there when no one is. Taxes kill the small business. I pay a larger percentage in taxes and other small business do than our franshise. As the poster stated Morristown is a hard place to do business in. I can tell you that getting a partner may not be the way to go. I think it is better when you are the only one, two sometime do not work out. As to what Morristown needs just look around for something to offer with no competters or very few. For me when we opened we had three no there is 7 , this cut the amount of business for everyone. Not all will make it and a few will be weeded out. Offer more than your competters do and fast service on anything. I wish you the best in what ever you do.
gramie Morristown Tn

Morristown, TN

#11 Sep 14, 2008
I understand that Morristown is getting a Dunkin Donuts in my opinion is way past due. The donut shop that closed was in a bad location. To make these new comers work that has to be a factor.
friedawestmorela nd

Morristown, TN

#12 Sep 20, 2008
I think the smaller outlying areas of morristown like russellville, whitesburg, white pine etc is where a business needs to be started, give them what they dont have in their little communities, a newsletter for example, just for that area? a thought.
suze_and_ev_meth od

Asheville, NC

#13 Aug 27, 2012
Get the help of a mentor, this is critical. I consult for cleaning business start ups and you need to have outside advice and an objective perspective to help guide you until you have the business specifics down. http://www.start-cleaning-business.com/about-...
daybreaker

Morristown, TN

#14 Aug 28, 2012
Morristown needs a Chili's.
not in morristown

Morristown, TN

#15 Aug 30, 2012
If a person wants to open a new small business they should look elsewhere. If you have half a brain you would realize that Morristown is probably the worst place to ever start any kind of business. The people here are not at all normal so starting a business here would be a failing venture. Small businesses in this town often close to move to another area because the people here are just strange and abnormal consumers. They buy their clothes/shoes/other goods from yard sales & Goodwill. They eat at nasty buffets and dollar menus. Walmart sucks every penny out of this town and there is nothing left over for the little guy. Some of my friends who were born here say that the abnormalities of the locals is due to a long time practice of inbreeding that occurs in these parts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morristown animal shelter 1 hr Eynou 36
Do you sleep in a recliner instead of a bed? (Dec '10) 1 hr skank hater 28
Tn lottery VIP store (Feb '12) 1 hr Theresa Stanifer 66
14yrs of being married 1 hr LnP 9
Johnnie renee long 1 hr just sayin 4
Barry Poole 4 hr bohart 12
We are looking for Hay for our Donkeys 4 hr Mule 8
Morristown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web