Lees Cycle Salvage RIP OFFS

Lees Cycle Salvage RIP OFFS

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Morristown, TN

#1 Apr 26, 2011
I have a older GoldWing that I want/need to have the timing belts changed.

I guy told me to call East Tenn Goldwing in Knoxville, I did and they said 2 hours at 60.00 an hour so 120.00 labor

But I wanted to keep my business local so I called Lees, he said 250.00 to 300.00 to do the same job.

When I made him aware of the price from ET Goldwings, he said o well we dont really like to work on GoldWings. WOW

What a joke and a way to run a business

Stay away from the place
Just Me

Morristown, TN

#2 Apr 26, 2011
Check with Edge Custom Cycles. I hear they are reasonable.

Morristown, TN

#3 Apr 26, 2011
I will, bet they dont work on GoldWings
i just love it

York, SC

#5 Apr 26, 2011
I have to agree. I bought a bike from him. The title he gave me wasn't for the bike. I know I should have checked before I paid for it. Turns out the bike was a piece of shit! And I could not get a title for it.
biker

Morristown, TN

#6 Apr 26, 2011
What about Motorcycle Salvage? They have been here since the 70S
Bubba

Knoxville, TN

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Gosh darn it, I'm stupid enough to ride a galldarn motercickle to begin with and then on top of that I gets cheated by someone what sells parts for 'em and stuff.
This shit aint right. I'ma fixin to go ride at ninety miles and hour down the highway and try to take me a 30 mile and hour curve without even slowing down and then I'ma sue the state for having made the galldarn road messed up.
Shoot fire us motercikle riders got it rough and tough.
BEN

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Apr 27, 2011
hummm i have been at lees many times always been great some bike shops will not work on older bikes what year is your wing? also some shops only specify in certain bikes like this east tn wing your talking about maybe they are to busy i dont know you should call them and see why they cant work on your bike instead of gossiping online about it... just my 2 cents i do know about 3 weeks ago he had a wing out there and was working on it for a guy...
burned

Kingsport, TN

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Yep I have to admit they former too. Charged me more than they originally said. This got me wondering and I started checking around and yep, sure enough they had charged me 80-100 dollars more than any one else priced the job. Motorcycle Salvage is the same way I learned that one the hard way as well when I had my kids dirt bike and go cart repaired there. 230 bucks for a used clutch on the gocart and ignition coil for the dirt bike. The parts total on the receipt was less than 40 dollars. I will not deal with either of these shops again.
patrick

Strawberry Plains, TN

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Lees is a good shop, they just in buisness like everyone else. But that damn Dusty over at lees is a smartass punk. He thinks he is so bad because he can drive fast in a straight line. I ever see him out im gonna bust that ass.
crazy train

Morristown, TN

#15 Apr 28, 2011
report wrote:
I guy told me to call East Tenn Goldwing in Knoxville, I did and they said 2 hours at 60.00 an hour so 120.00 labor
But I wanted to keep my business local so I called Lees, he said 250.00 to 300.00 to do the same job.
When I made him aware of the price from ET Goldwings, he said o well we dont really like to work on GoldWings. WOW
Stay away from the place
try bandit cycles
2 cents

Sevierville, TN

#16 Apr 28, 2011
they're both local shops I've shopped at both....they are both cheaper than the Suzuki/Yamaha/whatever shop that closed (wonder why)I like to deal with Lee's more. Never had any major work done by them mostly just a tire change here and there...but when I called to get a quote on gettin 2nd gear fixed in my FZR they did quote me a cheaper price than the motorcycle salvage not by much but it was cheaper...never had it fixed I ended up selling it...but my buddy had his 2000 ninja tranny worked on and he never had a problem with it
crazy train

Morristown, TN

#17 Apr 28, 2011
report wrote:
Stay away from the place
60 bucks an hour is not that bad either... i believe the harley shop charges 70 or 75?
get some

Jefferson City, TN

#18 Apr 28, 2011
patrick wrote:
Lees is a good shop, they just in buisness like everyone else. But that damn Dusty over at lees is a smartass punk. He thinks he is so bad because he can drive fast in a straight line. I ever see him out im gonna bust that ass.
u wanna put money on it!!!
the other dex

Morristown, TN

#21 May 4, 2011
called them about a rear caliper on a gl 1200, 150.00..found it on ebay 36.00...change the belts yourself ,its not a big job..
BEEBOP

Morristown, TN

#22 Aug 1, 2011
Lees cycle shop is awesome!!!
HAPPY CUSTOMER

Morristown, TN

#23 Aug 1, 2011
been a customer for 20 yrs great service. maybe if you people had better attitudes you might get better service or better yet go to the store & buy some cheese to go with your wine! the sign doesnt say burger king "have it your way"
TRUDYS SISTER

Morristown, TN

#24 Aug 1, 2011
Aint that the truth!! do these so called "bikers" really ride true bikes or do they just poke round in lil power wheels?
please

Clover, SC

#25 Aug 1, 2011
Just Me wrote:
Check with Edge Custom Cycles. I hear they are reasonable.
maybe they will get it right the first time. Doubtful but maybe.
green

United States

#26 Aug 1, 2011
Ive known Scotty since before his sons were born. My dad has dealt with him several times with no problems at all. I know Dustin personally and he is very good "in a straight line" maybe if you changed your attitude you would get better treatment. Never known Dustin to act that way without just cause. You get what you give!
cletus

Sevierville, TN

#27 Aug 3, 2011
crooks had work on a 250 honda afew years ago rode it about an hour it blew up so i paid themagain didnt lsat a day of course no warranty took it to another shop they said it didnt have any new parts in at all liars an thiefs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Punky's a snitch? 3 hr Watcher 1
any dirt on any employee at shell station on so... 3 hr Watcher 7
William massa lawyer 4 hr Julia 4
Women Should Not Speak At Church (Jan '11) 5 hr Bad Boy 747
Marva B 5 hr OHMYGOSH 9
Billy F 5 hr OHMYGOSH 9
Who watches the watchers? 5 hr OHMYGOSH 9
breaking news CORRUPTION AT MANLEY BAPTIST (Jul '13) 18 hr That guy 185

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web