Holt's Baptist Church.
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sadly

United States

#1 Jan 28, 2011
As a Christian, I am saddened to hear some practices that have become common place at Holt's. God is a God of compassion and forgiveness. How any Christian could forget the loving grace of God is beyond me. Some folks in that church that are adamant about the way people should act need to step back and realize they are ruining that church's image. Moreso it is disturbing to see hypocrisy. Christians are to be a forgiving people, like their Lord. Not a condemning people, like the Pharisees.

I've seen too many people hurt for no reason there. Enough is enough.
Tobi

Morristown, TN

#2 Jan 28, 2011
God is a good God.Jesus Christ is in Gods image.Please do not judge the others it is gods work.

“John 3:16”

Since: Jan 11

Rogersville, TN

#3 Jan 28, 2011
Jesus is God. Amen.
Uhh

Nashville, TN

#4 Jan 28, 2011
So, "Sadly" by being a Christian going on Topix and condemning other people is ok? Is that your church? No! Let God handle it, he always does in the end. Those that have done wrong will be brought to the light. Don't be a "hypocrite".
Sadly

United States

#5 Jan 28, 2011
Not condemning anyone. If you'll notice, not a name was mentioned. There is a select group there that causes the issues. But Topix is not the place to call out the select few. This goes on at many churches, if not all. But it's becoming epidemic there. It's sad.
Pharisee

Morristown, TN

#6 Jan 28, 2011
I agree with Uhh, don't become like me a pharisee..
Sanctify Through Truth

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 29, 2011
Tobi wrote:
God is a good God.Jesus Christ is in Gods image.Please do not judge the others it is gods work.
God hates sin. How are we to avoid sin if we do not judge good from evil? "Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgement." John 7:24. We must judge right from wrong for ourselves. If we he see one steal, hear one take God's name in vain, or see one murder we know they have sinned be judging right from wrong. We can't listen to rumors on what another has done or try to judge one's heart. God knows all and is the only one that can judge the heart.
Sanctify Through Truth

Morristown, TN

#8 Jan 29, 2011
Sadly wrote:
As a Christian, I am saddened to hear some practices that have become common place at Holt's. God is a God of compassion and forgiveness. How any Christian could forget the loving grace of God is beyond me. Some folks in that church that are adamant about the way people should act need to step back and realize they are ruining that church's image. Moreso it is disturbing to see hypocrisy. Christians are to be a forgiving people, like their Lord. Not a condemning people, like the Pharisees.
I've seen too many people hurt for no reason there. Enough is enough.
It sounds like some there stand up for the truth in the word of God. "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." God is loving and we should be also. God also hates sin and people need to stand up for the truth in the word of God. Few will stand up for his precious word of God in these last days. They want teachers with itching ears. It's hard to find a bible believing churh today. We should be forgiving like God, but we should also hate sin like God.
tobi

Morristown, TN

#9 Jan 29, 2011
Sanctify Through Truth wrote:
<quoted text> God hates sin. How are we to avoid sin if we do not judge good from evil? "Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgement." John 7:24. We must judge right from wrong for ourselves. If we he see one steal, hear one take God's name in vain, or see one murder we know they have sinned be judging right from wrong. We can't listen to rumors on what another has done or try to judge one's heart. God knows all and is the only one that can judge the heart.
Thank you/
Sadly

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2011
<quoted text> It sounds like some there stand up for the truth in the word of God. "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." God is loving and we should be also. God also hates sin and people need to stand up for the truth in the word of God. Few will stand up for his precious word of God in these last days. They want teachers with itching ears. It's hard to find a bible believing churh today. We should be forgiving like God, but we should also hate sin like God.
And this is the perversion that I am talking about. It is NOT your place to judge. You think that you are cleansed and righteous, yet you are perverting the Word.

A few passages for you... John 8:7, Matthew 7:5, Luke 6:42, Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 5:20, and most importantly Matthew 6:1-7.

It is one thing to despise sin, it is another to condemn the person. A certain few are practicing this perversion and are responsible for the loss of many members. It's sad. This thread was in no means meant to be a trashing of Holt's. There are some of the finest people you'll ever meet this side of eternity. However, there are some wolves there just waiting to judge and condemn. Sadly, it's a family and some of the elected members of the church carrying this out.

I simply ask that those people take a step back and stop with the condemnation. Only barbarians eat their weakest.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Sanctify Through Truth

Morristown, TN

#11 Jan 29, 2011
Sadly wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is the perversion that I am talking about. It is NOT your place to judge. You think that you are cleansed and righteous, yet you are perverting the Word.
A few passages for you... John 8:7, Matthew 7:5, Luke 6:42, Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 5:20, and most importantly Matthew 6:1-7.
It is one thing to despise sin, it is another to condemn the person. A certain few are practicing this perversion and are responsible for the loss of many members. It's sad. This thread was in no means meant to be a trashing of Holt's. There are some of the finest people you'll ever meet this side of eternity. However, there are some wolves there just waiting to judge and condemn. Sadly, it's a family and some of the elected members of the church carrying this out.
I simply ask that those people take a step back and stop with the condemnation. Only barbarians eat their weakest.
Judge not, lest ye be judged.
You will be persecuted when you stand up for Jesus. It's hard to find a real church in these last days. Most are being run like a business and use false bibles and have given up sacred holy hymns for so called Christian rock and roll.
Sadly

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2011
<quoted text>You will be persecuted when you stand up for Jesus. It's hard to find a real church in these last days. Most are being run like a business and use false bibles and have given up sacred holy hymns for so called Christian rock and roll.
But the last place you need to be persecuted is in the church around God's people.
My Opinion

Morristown, TN

#13 Jan 29, 2011
all people (even a sinner)are a creation of GOD , even someone living in sin. We all even christians are guilty of sin, if we did not sin would we need JESUS? We
christians need to uplift and encourge those that are living in sin,especially if and when they come to our churches, otherwise if we ignore them, and talk about them,they will not feel welcome.When they come to church they will feel all alone and not see JESUS in us his (WORKERS)!!
Sanctify Through Truth

Morristown, TN

#14 Jan 29, 2011
Sadly wrote:
<quoted text>
But the last place you need to be persecuted is in the church around God's people.
Someone has to stand up for God's written word. If they are going worldly one needs to take a stand. It takes guts to stand for the truth.
Sanctify Through Truth

Morristown, TN

#15 Jan 29, 2011
My Opinion wrote:
all people (even a sinner)are a creation of GOD , even someone living in sin. We all even christians are guilty of sin, if we did not sin would we need JESUS? We
christians need to uplift and encourge those that are living in sin,especially if and when they come to our churches, otherwise if we ignore them, and talk about them,they will not feel welcome.When they come to church they will feel all alone and not see JESUS in us his (WORKERS)!!
Yes we all sin and come short of the glory of God, but when we are truly born again there wll be change in our lives. There are are many that attend church and say they are saved, but you can see no change in the life they live. The lost need to see a change in the lives of the saved. A lot of church members and pastors have never been truly born again.
Sadly

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2011
<quoted text> Someone has to stand up for God's written word. If they are going worldly one needs to take a stand. It takes guts to stand for the truth.
God's Word stands on its own. In fact, a hypocritical christian only causes detriment. The problem with Holt's and others is that they're letting the holier than thou crowd lead the church rather than the Spirit.
justcurious

Morristown, TN

#17 Jan 29, 2011
I dont attend church anymore..but I do love the Lord..The way you all have acted on this Topix is the reason people stopped going to church..so sit back and think about that..maybe someone should discuss this topix with your pastor and give him a good topix for your next Sunday service..God Bless you all..remember...IM NOT PERFECT..IM FORGIVEN
Intriqued

Morristown, TN

#18 Jan 30, 2011
I attend church because I want to worship God in His house. I am not there for the other church members or attendees. What they do and how they act is between them and Him and I cannot jugde. My church is a wonderful place, but none are perfect. I teach Sunday school and do my best to spread the word about Jesus. I want an intimate relationship with the Father, and I will not forsake the assembling of myself. God knows our hearts, everyones' heart so just remember to pray for those that seem mis-guided.
Hmmm

Morristown, TN

#19 Feb 2, 2011
If we are all so concerned about what the Bible says and following the Spirit, then why not do what the Bible says and go to the person with whom you have 'ought' against? Why air your 'dirty laundry' on a blog for all to see? If you (Sadly) truly cared about others and about exposing the truth of 'what's going on' at Holt's, then you would have gone personally to the people you have a problem with and dealt with it the Biblical way. No good can come of talking a negative way about one of the Lord's churches. You may not agree with everyone at this church (and who ever does agree with everyone at a church?), but when you begin to hurt the testimony of a church, remember you are also hurting the cause of Christ and casting an unfavorable light on Christ and all He stands for. We are to further the cause of Christ, and sometimes the best way to do this is to just keep our mouths shut!
Observation

Morristown, TN

#20 Feb 3, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
If we are all so concerned about what the Bible says and following the Spirit, then why not do what the Bible says and go to the person with whom you have 'ought' against? Why air your 'dirty laundry' on a blog for all to see? If you (Sadly) truly cared about others and about exposing the truth of 'what's going on' at Holt's, then you would have gone personally to the people you have a problem with and dealt with it the Biblical way. No good can come of talking a negative way about one of the Lord's churches. You may not agree with everyone at this church (and who ever does agree with everyone at a church?), but when you begin to hurt the testimony of a church, remember you are also hurting the cause of Christ and casting an unfavorable light on Christ and all He stands for. We are to further the cause of Christ, and sometimes the best way to do this is to just keep our mouths shut!
AMEN!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swimming area\ local pool (Jun '15) 18 min worker 25
Fattest woman in Morristown? 44 min Work out 17
Living Well in Morristown 1 hr Living Well in Mo... 5
Morristown robbery thugs CAUGHT (Dec '11) 2 hr Junkys 17
National Fitness Center complaints (May '09) 2 hr Nasty Place 380
Becky Collins 3 hr he knows who I am 9
jason drinnon (Dec '10) 3 hr Lol 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages