Realist

Jefferson City, TN

#44 Dec 3, 2012
SO SAD wrote:
Now im lying here with Linda on my mind.Hey Linda,s husband mind if i come over for supper sometime?
I know her husband... You should just drop on by for supper sometime. I'm sure he'll let you know how he feels about that.
Really

United States

#45 Dec 4, 2012
Gap wrote:
<quoted text>
Affordable gas price is what everyone wants. "Major cut through road" would seem to be the ideal place for a store. Rebuild !
if they rebuild it could be set farther back from the
Road making it safer for the old men. Pulling out and also would allow for a much needed space so the counter would be more accesable
so sad

Morristown, TN

#46 Dec 4, 2012
Na realist i know linda . i dont want her thou i kno she is a fine woman. So that means her husband is a good man. I only met him 1nce tho .but ive known linda since i was a child. Ijust love tater boats. n if i asked im sure they would have me for supper sry didnt mean to sound nasty just love them tater boats lol sincerly tater boat man
In the 80s

Morristown, TN

#47 Dec 11, 2012
I grew up on Maple Valley Road. Big A Market was bustling then, of course tho, run by the Anderson's. The staff there were nice, and treated everyone as nice as possible. Thru the years as I have went by the old neighborhood and saw the decline of the same service in the store, it just goes to show what happens when businesses get sold, and sold again and again. It has happened all over, not just Big A. When my husband and I first heard about the fire, it was by going by there and seeing what is left of the building. Insurance ??????
Realist

Morristown, TN

#48 Dec 11, 2012
In the 80s wrote:
I grew up on Maple Valley Road. Big A Market was bustling then, of course tho, run by the Anderson's. The staff there were nice, and treated everyone as nice as possible. Thru the years as I have went by the old neighborhood and saw the decline of the same service in the store, it just goes to show what happens when businesses get sold, and sold again and again. It has happened all over, not just Big A. When my husband and I first heard about the fire, it was by going by there and seeing what is left of the building. Insurance ??????
Investigator says arson....
Really

United States

#49 Dec 12, 2012
Where did you get your arson reports?
neighbor

Morristown, TN

#50 Jan 19, 2013
I seen the owner @ the drivers licence office a few days after it burnt. He had. Forgot andleft his wallet in the store the night it burnt. If it was an insurance job he wouldn't have left his wallet in there..
Guess what mofo

Knoxville, TN

#51 Jan 19, 2013
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Investigator says arson....
You bout to get sued right out of your wallmart jeans!!!!!!
Hmmmmm

Shelby, NC

#52 Feb 25, 2013
Someone said that tony was arrested for payin someone to burn big A
the rock

Morristown, TN

#53 Feb 25, 2013
It was arson, man put in jail sunday according to the tribune det. statler collins arrested some guy tony, and are looking for two more
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#54 Feb 25, 2013
Something don't jive here. From the story:

"Jivani, who now lives in Lawrenceville, Ga., wasn’t the one who allegedly doused the store with gasoline and set it ablaze. That was a task performed by two Morristown men who remained at large at press time".

"The sheriff’s department initially had no reason to believe the fire was the result of an arsonist".

Here's my question. Wouldn't an arson investigation show that gasoline was used as an accelerant? Especially if the store was "doused" with it? Surely that didn't take a month or more to figure out.
Donna

Morristown, TN

#55 Feb 25, 2013
Here is the article from today's Trib.

http://www.citizentribune.com/...
read

Morristown, TN

#56 Feb 25, 2013
I just saw this in the paper and it has come as no surprise. Most people guessed it was for the insurance anyway. For Bombardier, I believe the paper is trying to asy Jivani was going to pay these two men from the insurance money, however he never collected, therefore didnt pay them. The fire was investigated as you can see, but they did take another look when questions arose as well as suspicions. I grew up on Maple Valley and back the 80's when Big A was run by the Anderson's, it was a clean friendly place where people could come in and chat and get a smile in return. Sadly the past years weren't so nice to the place. I haet to hear that it was indeed arson, however it came as no surprise.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#57 Feb 25, 2013
read wrote:
I just saw this in the paper and it has come as no surprise. Most people guessed it was for the insurance anyway. For Bombardier, I believe the paper is trying to asy Jivani was going to pay these two men from the insurance money, however he never collected, therefore didnt pay them. The fire was investigated as you can see, but they did take another look when questions arose as well as suspicions. I grew up on Maple Valley and back the 80's when Big A was run by the Anderson's, it was a clean friendly place where people could come in and chat and get a smile in return. Sadly the past years weren't so nice to the place. I haet to hear that it was indeed arson, however it came as no surprise.
It was a great place at one time. Jackie and I went to school together, Morristown West class of 1979. My mother worked at Big A for 22 years.
Realist

Morristown, TN

#58 Feb 25, 2013
Guess what mofo wrote:
<quoted text>
You bout to get sued right out of your wallmart jeans!!!!!!
Ya Think??
they got the wrong person

Kodak, TN

#59 Feb 26, 2013
them towel heads planned it and booted it off on someone else ... them ppl are not bright enough to plan something like this ... arrest the towel heads and we will see the truth come out ... wasted time on someone who didnt do it ...
just saying

Morristown, TN

#60 Feb 27, 2013
ummmmm he is one of them......just born here in the usa
roxy b

United States

#61 Feb 27, 2013
just saying wrote:
ummmmm he is one of them......just born here in the usa
wth r u talkin bout?
say it

Morristown, TN

#62 Mar 3, 2013
I hear kendall stokes was the one that was paid $9000 to burn it down.. just wonder how long its going to take them to rat him out.
Where

Morristown, TN

#63 Mar 3, 2013
Never hurd it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's going on in Cressent Center 1 hr lol 14
Rocky Nichols 3 hr justsayin 1
JAGS/Twisters 3 hr justsayin 2
Charity 3 hr Just saying 5
why don't yankees stay north (Nov '10) 3 hr Just saying 88
Runaway 3 hr Hunterlowe 6
Shawnee Smith 3 hr Just saying 6

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance