appalachian animal hospital

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BROKEN HEARTED

Andersonville, TN

#1 Jan 20, 2010
I took my baby to DR Magnum and he kept her for a week saying she had fluid build up.He charged me outragousley and sent my baby home with fluid med.I took my baby to DR slaughter and found out she wasnt full of fluid;her liver had enlarged and she was having congestive heart felure.If DR MAGNUM would have treated my baby for what was wrong with her then maby she would have seen her 14 birthday.Let me know if DR MAGNUM has played vet with your babys.IV ALREADY HEARD OTHER HORRROR STORYS!
observer

Morristown, TN

#2 Jan 20, 2010
BROKEN HEARTED wrote:
I took my baby to DR Magnum and he kept her for a week saying she had fluid build up.He charged me outragousley and sent my baby home with fluid med.I took my baby to DR slaughter and found out she wasnt full of fluid;her liver had enlarged and she was having congestive heart felure.If DR MAGNUM would have treated my baby for what was wrong with her then maby she would have seen her 14 birthday.Let me know if DR MAGNUM has played vet with your babys.IV ALREADY HEARD OTHER HORRROR STORYS!
While I'm not a Dr. Mangum fan and have heard several horror stories simlar to yours, congestive heart failure is a buildup of fluid. It is common when dogs get that old, just as it is with people. Congestive heart failure happens when the heart becomes too weak to keep fluid pumped off and also works with kidney failure. I'm sorry about your dog, but it sounds as if she lived a long life. He probably should have told you before he kept her for a week that she couldn't be helped.
Luv him

White Pine, TN

#3 Jan 20, 2010
BROKEN HEARTED wrote:
Here we go again with another shitty thread about Larry. It's the only time I will respond.#1 this is an animal not a BABY...It's sad, but at that age most is not going to live much longer. He can't perform miracle's. I luv animals and know how hard it is to lose them, but it does happen. Just because you are upset doesn't make it ok to lash out at a good man. He has been a vet close to 30 yrs. He is doing something right. He has a thriving office and is well thought of. Shame on you for starting this. It will just be removed like alot of the negative posts this site is great at starting. I am sorry for your loss but you need help in anger and being such a negative human being. He can't make everybody happy. Just putting in my opinion of a fine man....
HES HORRIBLE

Smyrna, TN

#4 Jan 21, 2010
NEVER take your pets to this man. He is a horrible abuser of animals and I know this first hand. If you love your pet, take them anywhere but to him. He shouldn't even be in business!!!
qwerty

United States

#5 Jan 21, 2010
I too had a very bad experience with this vet. I know many people that have as well. There are several people that will attack the ones he has done wrong,which just goes to show what kind of people they are and who he associates with. I would never take any of my pets there. I wouldn't even take a stray there. For some of us,our pets are like our family and we want the best care for them. Not crap care and charged an arm and leg for it. I'm sorry for your loss. To say this dog was 14 and was going to die anyways to crazy. Lots of dogs live past 14. Just because this was a senior dog doesn't mean it should have gotten and less care than a puppy.
helpful

United States

#6 Jan 21, 2010
Use Dr Slaughter or white pine vets. Both good loving vets.
bad vet

Troup, TX

#7 Jan 21, 2010
i have used them for years, i was told to bring in my animial and it died after never being seen by the vet who told me face to face he would be right out to check it. if you dont listen to the warning posted here, then dont cry if your animal ends up dead and a big vet bill to go with it.
Cool Person

Willis, TX

#8 Jan 21, 2010
Dr Magnum is a Quack...I know 1st hand. Enough said!
oh sure

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jan 21, 2010
Cool Person wrote:
Got dumped, or you r jealous or you r a bitter ex-employee. This is all going to the moderator. You are all a pitiful bunch of trash rednecks!!!!!!
oh sure

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jan 21, 2010
Cool Person wrote:
Oh idiot... and you know first hand so much....try spelling his name right!!! MANGUM
oh sure you suck

United States

#11 Jan 21, 2010
Why is this going to the moderator? These are actual people with real stories? I remember you from his last thread...making threats to fight people that were telling their stories. Get a life. You wonder who we are? I only know him because I took my dog there and he is a liar and cheat. I have no other grudge against him other than I feel he is a bad vet. As I'm sure most of the people on here feel the same. WHO ARE YOU? You're so worked up about him,are you his girlfriend? You work for him? Looks to me like you are worried because he has so much to hide.
oh sure ass suck

United States

#12 Jan 21, 2010
I love how you judge everyones post,as sure.
I wish there was a judge button for psycho stalker kiss ass loser.
pat kratochvil

Walland, TN

#13 Jan 25, 2010
looking for a frmale dog that is littlesmall poodle or small yorkie tirer if someone wants to give one a good home i would love to take one but i cannot afford to buy one please let me know if anyone you know has one for me thank you
hml

Morristown, TN

#14 Jan 25, 2010
i agree with this thread..took our dog there cause it kept losing weight and couldnt keep food down and he gave her some pills and they didnt work and charged us $150 for just 15 minutes that didnt help a bit and our dog ended up dying.
like it

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jan 26, 2010
We have taken our animal's there for yrs and love the place. He is a good vet. It's a shame there are some that is out to get him no matter what.
oh sure

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jan 26, 2010
oh sure you suck wrote:
Why is this going to the moderator? These are actual people with real stories? I remember you from his last thread...making threats to fight people that were telling their stories. Get a life. You wonder who we are? I only know him because I took my dog there and he is a liar and cheat. I have no other grudge against him other than I feel he is a bad vet. As I'm sure most of the people on here feel the same. WHO ARE YOU? You're so worked up about him,are you his girlfriend? You work for him? Looks to me like you are worried because he has so much to hide.
No I am not his girlfriend,,If I was single I sure would not mind. I have known him and his family for years and these negative comments are not fair. He is a good man!!
oh sure you suck

United States

#17 Jan 26, 2010
Lmfao that anyone that has anything nice to say has a knoxville isp. Not his girlfriend but wouldn't mind...uh huh sounds like a crazy stalker to me!! Just cuz you want his junk doesn't make him a good vet.
hml

Morristown, TN

#18 Jan 27, 2010
everyone can base their oppinion...i do believe were still in america.from the sound of it the only person who likes this vet in morristown is oh sure and im sure she probably would love to suck him for a happy meal.
Animal lover

Morristown, TN

#19 Jan 27, 2010
I've used Larry for years as my Vet and it has never mattered what time of the night you call him...he'll be there for your animal. He is the only vet I would use. He is a very kind man as well as a wonderful vet. It's a shame that your pet died, but honestly vet or md. They are not miracle workers. He would never do harm to an animal on purpose.
i feel the same

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jan 27, 2010
i know him myself and yes he is a good man,but not a good vet,sad to say but these stories are prob.true from what i have been through and have known others to go through with him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Jessa Hill go to jail today? (Sep '14) 8 min random 44
chris bivens 32 min Truth 18
Lear 1 hr Snob 25
Boys missing from detention center possibly kid... 1 hr Mileea 16
tonya brady 1 hr bigrob0026 3
Dawn Rainville 2 hr mary mary 3
QUESTION, What type of woman contacts a Married... 3 hr Hey 22
cops gone bad #9 7 hr Wow 189
More from around the web

Morristown People Search