Rent a Center idiot prime example

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marv

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2010
Says he/she was just laid off, but goes out and gets a 47 inch TV at 50.00 a week

This is someone that falls into the group that cant afford health insurance..

But gets this 50.00 a week TV..has cable, internet,cell phone.

But just cant swing a health insurance payment without my and your help.
BlahBlahBlah

Morristown, TN

#2 Mar 30, 2010
Marv wrote:
Says he/she was just laid off, but goes out and gets a 47 inch TV at 50.00 a week
This is someone that falls into the group that cant afford health insurance..
But gets this 50.00 a week TV..has cable, internet,cell phone.
But just cant swing a health insurance payment without my and your help.
He ALSO said he has a paralyzed son who needs the TV, you cold-hearted POS. Read the whole post before you open your quack.
not need

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 30, 2010
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
He ALSO said he has a paralyzed son who needs the TV, you cold-hearted POS. Read the whole post before you open your quack.
His son does not "need" a 47 in flat screen LCD TV!!!!!

25" Magnavox TV -$60

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/166791650...

He "wants" a 47 inch LCD TV, so just because "HE WANTS ONE" I/we have to pick up the slack and help pay his healthcare insurance?

When he can settle for the 25 inch!!!!! And pay for his OWN healthcare!

Zyk

“Fate is inexorable”

Since: Oct 09

Dandridge, TN

#4 Mar 30, 2010
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
He ALSO said he has a paralyzed son who needs the TV, you cold-hearted POS. Read the whole post before you open your quack.
Crippled son or not, no one NEEDS a TV. People NEED to learn to prioritize and stop with the undeserved sense of entitlement.
sure sure

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 30, 2010
Shut up Marv you idiot. If you want to talk about someone being dumb let's talk about someone being so stupid they start a whole different topic to talk about a topic that's already been posted. This place gets cluttered up with stupid people enough. We don't need your help.

Zyk

“Fate is inexorable”

Since: Oct 09

Dandridge, TN

#6 Mar 30, 2010
sure sure wrote:
Shut up Marv you idiot. If you want to talk about someone being dumb let's talk about someone being so stupid they start a whole different topic to talk about a topic that's already been posted. This place gets cluttered up with stupid people enough. We don't need your help.
+1 for making me LOL.
easy to spot

Morristown, TN

#7 Mar 30, 2010
you can always tell the idiots on topix by the way they just insult everyone rather than debate the actual issue or topic of the thread.

btw... Rent-A-Center is for suckers.
tired of it

Morristown, TN

#9 Apr 1, 2010
Do people not realize that when you go to one of the rental centers that you are going to pay two to three times what you would for the same thing brand new at a store ?? Save that $50.00 or more you are going to pay a week for several weeks, and guess what!! You can pay cash for the same thing, or go on craigs list, get it there. Alot fo their stuff is not worth having anyway, it's used and abused.
oh really

Tampa, FL

#10 Apr 1, 2010
Amen! And library books are free,
Zyk wrote:
<quoted text>
Crippled son or not, no one NEEDS a TV. People NEED to learn to prioritize and stop with the undeserved sense of entitlement.
Darryl

Knoxville, TN

#11 Apr 1, 2010
My sister's bf works for a RaC. All he does is drive around in a van all day long trying to get the deadbeats to pay up.
Curiously, he comes home with a black eye and/or fat lip about once every two weeks. He says it's not related but I heard how he tries to get smart with peole he's trying to collect from. These people go in and rent a bunch of stuff and it's at the crack dealer's house before the ink dries good on the paperwork!
clueless

United States

#12 Apr 1, 2010
Unless you have done business with them all and have paid when you were supposed and called them when you could pay or have ever worked for them then I would say your clueless.

Since: Feb 08

Morristown

#13 Apr 1, 2010
Darryl wrote:
My sister's bf works for a RaC. All he does is drive around in a van all day long trying to get the deadbeats to pay up.
Curiously, he comes home with a black eye and/or fat lip about once every two weeks. He says it's not related but I heard how he tries to get smart with peole he's trying to collect from. These people go in and rent a bunch of stuff and it's at the crack dealer's house before the ink dries good on the paperwork!
Collections for RaC are tough. Glad some of the laws have been changed to make it easier to take dead beats to court for stealing the merchandise. Some people seem to never learn. You rent something? You pay for it. If not returned? You now have a very good chance of getting hauled off to jail. Some of those idiots unnerve me though. Just cause you have something HALF paid for doesn't make you the soul owner. RaC owns all the merchandise until the last payment is made and a bill of sale is printed out. Facts are simple. As a customer you do not own the rented merchandise! And you must either stay in some form of contact with RaC or setup a time for the recovery of the merchandise. People need to quit freeloading!
clueless

United States

#14 Apr 1, 2010
Thing is RAC only expects 20% of their customers to pay off the stuff because of how high the price is. Aarons however thinks volume and not the big dollar up front. The more customers the more money. Matter of fact, RAC is sueing Aarons because of there advertising where Aarons puts the compared product with the prices of both and says do the math or whatever. RAC never puts prices on the advertisement. Lot of differences between the two. Before you all want to bash any of them you need to do your homework first instead of going off of hear say or what you think it is
Aarons sucks too

Morristown, TN

#15 Apr 1, 2010
clueless wrote:
Thing is RAC only expects 20% of their customers to pay off the stuff because of how high the price is. Aarons however thinks volume and not the big dollar up front. The more customers the more money. Matter of fact, RAC is sueing Aarons because of there advertising where Aarons puts the compared product with the prices of both and says do the math or whatever. RAC never puts prices on the advertisement. Lot of differences between the two. Before you all want to bash any of them you need to do your homework first instead of going off of hear say or what you think it is
Is renting from Aarons cheaper than buying it?

I haven't seen the commercials you describe, but can you tell me are the ANY new items that when compared side by side that Aaron's offers at a better deal than if I were to buy it?

If so, I may rethink my stance on these rental places and your defensive post on here wasn't a waste.

If not, I'll continue to warn people against these rental scams.

Since: Feb 08

Morristown

#16 Apr 2, 2010
Aarons sucks too wrote:
<quoted text>
Is renting from Aarons cheaper than buying it?
I haven't seen the commercials you describe, but can you tell me are the ANY new items that when compared side by side that Aaron's offers at a better deal than if I were to buy it?
If so, I may rethink my stance on these rental places and your defensive post on here wasn't a waste.
If not, I'll continue to warn people against these rental scams.
Generally speaking. It is very much cheaper to buy the products you want straight from a product retailer. However the general population appears to have it in mind that they are special and cannot wait for the items they seek Therefor they rush to their local rent to own center to sign up and rent these items. At RaC you generally pay 2x - 4x the RaC cost to purchase any given item. Aaron's it would appear charges about half of that. So maybe a 1x - 2x over the purchase price on any given item. Prices do vary. And it does depend on the item and how much the rent to own company paid for each single item. Everyone should keep in mind that these rent to own company's are here to make money. They want the customer satisfied of course. Repeat customers are there life. But they do make a nice profit from it's customers. I've heard the Aaron's in Morristown has grown, and is doing very well financially . My suggestion is the same as one topix poster here. And that is to simply save your money and purchase your TV or other item straight from a large wholesale or retail store or company. But if you simply cannot or will not wait? Rent to own may be the way to go! Just make sure to pay your bills on time or stay in contact with the rent to own company. But if you insist on not paying and following up with the RTO company? Be prepared to either return your items or be hauled off to jail/court. Good luck all!

Zyk

“Fate is inexorable”

Since: Oct 09

Dandridge, TN

#17 Apr 2, 2010
Aarons sucks too wrote:
<quoted text>
Is renting from Aarons cheaper than buying it?
I haven't seen the commercials you describe, but can you tell me are the ANY new items that when compared side by side that Aaron's offers at a better deal than if I were to buy it?
If so, I may rethink my stance on these rental places and your defensive post on here wasn't a waste.
If not, I'll continue to warn people against these rental scams.
If Aaron's is anything like Rent-a-Center, a large majority of their items are used, but you'll still be paying upwards of 2x the actual retail price. For example, I got a mailer from them a couple of days ago, and was browsing through their stuff when I came across a Dell desktop PC...a mid-range computer that I might expect to pay maybe $800 or $900 for at Best Buy or whatever. Aaron's had it listed for $1300 as the buyout price (which appears to be slightly cheaper than the rent-to-own price). I LOL'd and threw the mailer away.

My point is basically the same as what others have been saying: Its financially prudent to save, compare prices and buy smart. I know that instant gratification is nice...but so is buying something outright, without the burden of future long-term payments.
clueless

United States

#18 Apr 2, 2010
Zyk wrote:
<quoted text>
If Aaron's is anything like Rent-a-Center, a large majority of their items are used, but you'll still be paying upwards of 2x the actual retail price. For example, I got a mailer from them a couple of days ago, and was browsing through their stuff when I came across a Dell desktop PC...a mid-range computer that I might expect to pay maybe $800 or $900 for at Best Buy or whatever. Aaron's had it listed for $1300 as the buyout price (which appears to be slightly cheaper than the rent-to-own price). I LOL'd and threw the mailer away.
My point is basically the same as what others have been saying: Its financially prudent to save, compare prices and buy smart. I know that instant gratification is nice...but so is buying something outright, without the burden of future long-term payments.
just a note for you that was a 90 day same as cash price which during the 90 days they will take care of the service just as they do on the lease. I do personally know that they order stuff every week if you want new they get you new. Also if you want to buy it retail they do a 20% off of the cash price of the 90 day. Which I have done thru them because it was cheaper. I also know they told me at that time they would match any retail sales cost if I found it cheaper. It of course had to be the same model. I am an ex RAC employee of six years and was a MGR. I would never considered it until I went down to my local store. Most cases ppl can't save money or are not able to pay cash up front for what they want. For those that can my hats off to you. Just like anything else buying a house a car financing anything you are always going to pay more. My house was originally 71000 dollars by the time I pay it off it will cost me 341000 is that fair. 4.5 times of the cost and I'm responsible for the repairs. Every company is in business to make money that's why they are in business. You talk about you have to pay this much for it at the RTO stores did anyone take into consideration that of the customers who run off with the stuff and they don't get it back or the ones they take to court because they sold or pawned it and they wait on restitution that almost never gets paid. These are the reasons why in some cases prices are more due to the ppl that try to beat them out of money and ultimately you the consumer are the ones making up the losses. Its no different than from any other company the more theft they have prices do increase.
Mario

Morristown, TN

#19 Apr 2, 2010
po people just trying to get by
BlahBlahBlah

Morristown, TN

#20 Apr 11, 2010
not need wrote:
<quoted text>
His son does not "need" a 47 in flat screen LCD TV!!!!!
25" Magnavox TV -$60
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/166791650...
He "wants" a 47 inch LCD TV, so just because "HE WANTS ONE" I/we have to pick up the slack and help pay his healthcare insurance?
When he can settle for the 25 inch!!!!! And pay for his OWN healthcare!
I imagine that your nose must be a mile long the way you have it stuck up everyone's a$$ and into their business - mind your own!
Seen

Morristown, TN

#22 Apr 11, 2010
I see it all the time. People with Tenncare having awesome purses, cell phones, blinging jewelry. They have to be lying....to someone. A TV isn't the last thing these people get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beer drinking 16 min countrywoods86 4
rental help 25 min Melissa 2
stealing from hospitals 40 min thievesarenogood 3
Ok gals 42 min suki 3
NBC News Brian Williams Liar 1 hr amjenitna jarmeso... 99
Nails by Jordan (Aug '10) 1 hr Bailey 43
Old race car drivers (Mar '09) 1 hr Bad Judgement 26
Morristown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:36 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:36AM
Titans OT Roos Announces Retirement After 10 Seasons
Yahoo! Sports 9:46 AM
Titans left tackle Michael Roos retires after 10 seasons
ESPN12:52 PM
Source: Hardy eyes immediate reinstatement
Yahoo! Sports 3:35 PM
Agent: Panthers' Hardy seeking reinstatement from NFL
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine