Wheres it cheapest place to get your dogs shots?

Posted in the Morristown Forum

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2010
TCW

Morristown, TN

#1 Nov 4, 2009
Hello just about to head out to get my dogs shots and wormed, wondering where the cheapest place is you know of? I had went to bean station but theres is like $70 now so im looking for a cheaper route.
maybe so

Jefferson City, TN

#2 Nov 4, 2009
I once was told that you can go to co-op in morristown and purchase the shots much cheaper but you have to do it yourself...i may be wrong though..so don't hold it to me..i have a friend that uses that vet on west main street near west end pawn...they are reasonable i believe..
Tater

Morristown, TN

#3 Nov 4, 2009
You can get the shots at Co-Op but you need to know how to give the shots. You pick the loose skin up and put the needle just under the skin not into the meet of the animal like you do humans.

“Just little ol' me”

Since: Oct 08

Indy

#4 Nov 4, 2009
Check with Tractor Supply...they sometimes host low cost vaccine clinics. I used to take my dogs to them and was always happy with the price. A long wait in line but worth it.
cola

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2009
Tractor supply for shots and dewormer. Pull up scruff of neck,insert needle pull back to make sure you don't have blood and push it in. Easy. First shots about 6 bucks,7 in 1 about 7 and they even have kennel cough and such. Make sure and take a cooler. KEEP THEM COLD UNTIL YOU USE IT! IF IT GETS WARM ITS NO GOOD.
Good luck.
Friend

Morristown, TN

#6 Nov 4, 2009
saw a flyer that bean station was having a vacination clinic on Nov. 14th at the hardware store about a mile down lakeshore road. They also had frontline beginning at $5 packet. I remember seeing rabies shots and other vaccinations for $8 each
Renee

Morristown, TN

#8 Nov 4, 2009
Friend wrote:
saw a flyer that bean station was having a vacination clinic on Nov. 14th at the hardware store about a mile down lakeshore road. They also had frontline beginning at $5 packet. I remember seeing rabies shots and other vaccinations for $8 each
Thanks! That's good to know.
Hello

Knoxville, TN

#9 Nov 4, 2009
maybe so wrote:
I once was told that you can go to co-op in morristown and purchase the shots much cheaper but you have to do it yourself...i may be wrong though..so don't hold it to me..i have a friend that uses that vet on west main street near west end pawn...they are reasonable i believe..
You have to have a certificate from a licensed vet if your dog bites someone. Otherwise if the dog were to ever bite anyone they could put it down for fear of having rabies.
Renee

Morristown, TN

#10 Nov 4, 2009
Not sure that you can get the rabies vaccines at the Co-op or Tractor supply; just the other stuff.
cola

United States

#11 Nov 4, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to have a certificate from a licensed vet if your dog bites someone. Otherwise if the dog were to ever bite anyone they could put it down for fear of having rabies.
Yes for rabies...you can't get those at tractor supply anyway.
You can peel the sticker off the vile for proof of 7 in 1 and what not.
way to be so positive though.

Since: Sep 09

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 4, 2009
TCW wrote:
Hello just about to head out to get my dogs shots and wormed, wondering where the cheapest place is you know of? I had went to bean station but theres is like $70 now so im looking for a cheaper route.
You may have to call around to get quotes from the local vets?
Whuteva

United States

#13 Nov 5, 2009
Dr. Burns Animal Hospital on West Main used to be the most inexpensive Vet in town. I agree with CreditDoctor - call a few and see what they charge - don't just ask for the cost of the vaccinations, though - there will be a charge for the office visit, too.
Renee

Morristown, TN

#14 Nov 5, 2009
Dr. Burns and his associate (and I don't know why I can't recall her name right now) are wonderful with the animals they treat. His staff is exemplary as well. My Fila is perfectly comfortable with them, and they LOVE APBTs.
Whuteva

United States

#16 Nov 5, 2009
Dr Bussler. And Yes, she is a gem.
angel eyes

Lenoir City, TN

#17 Nov 5, 2009
I take my dogs and cats to the animal hospital on west main street. they only charge me about 30 dollars per animal.
sickened by you

United States

#18 Jan 22, 2010
Do it yorself wrote:
Just go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap .22 rifle.
It just takes one shot to the base of the skull.
A .22 does not make a big hole and is not messy at all. I would suggest digging the hole 1st and having the dog stand in it, that way you do not have to move a dead dog to bury him.
you're an idiot. Maybe your family should have done that to you. Are you related to the guy that dragged the little brown dog down Middlebrook Pike tied to the back of his truck?

Since: Jan 10

Morristown, TN

#19 Jan 22, 2010
Do it yorself wrote:
Just go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap .22 rifle.
It just takes one shot to the base of the skull.
A .22 does not make a big hole and is not messy at all. I would suggest digging the hole 1st and having the dog stand in it, that way you do not have to move a dead dog to bury him.
THATS NOT EVEN FUNNY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 17 min here now 145,805
doctor scott matson in morristown (Aug '12) 1 hr Curious 18
mandy mullins 1 hr Roxanne 13
Desray Ann Flora Any Comments On This Homewrecker? 1 hr Tampa Guy 4
what is starting pay at Colgate 2 hr Duh 20
shawnee smith 2 hr Mustang lover 103
Bobby Drinnon - Anyone think he's the real deal? (May '13) 2 hr Misses Bobby 219
•••
•••
•••

Morristown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Morristown News, Events & Info