Former Douglas-Cherokee Employees

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hedda Lettuce

Morristown, TN

#1 Nov 2, 2008
What was your experience at this agency? They seem to have their hands out in all areas of the community from education, to housing, commodities, etc.
Sour Grapes

Morristown, TN

#2 Nov 2, 2008
I know it will be called sour grapes but Kathy Kitts is very corrupt. Her whole family benefits from the grant monies and programs. The powers that be should investigate her.
Mavis

Morristown, TN

#3 Nov 2, 2008
The whole lot of them is corrupt. Just like the bunch up at the MATS. The boards of both should realize and monitor more closely what the staff do.
BlackQueen40

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Nov 2, 2008
If this is true, then I would love to see an investigation at both places. These organizations are supposed to help those struggling around here and they should not be abusing their power.
Mark M

Morristown, TN

#5 Nov 3, 2008
They definitely abuse the power. I have seen it first hand.
Erin

Sneedville, TN

#6 Nov 3, 2008
Kathy Kitts needs to take her meds daily and stop forgetting them.
Archie Bunker

Morristown, TN

#7 Nov 3, 2008
If you personally ask me most of these government agencies needs a little better monitoring. They have boards with people sitting on them making decisions and they don't know crap about what is going on. All they are intereted in is the perks that comes with "being on the board" - let's see the abuse of power - money going in and out for things I'm sure aren't "quiet right", we have employees driving vehicles everywhere they need to go during the daytime - and who pays the gas bill- we as tax paying citizens. Then we have the trips we tax payers pay for. Staff going on big elaborate trips all in the name of "learning and training" when actually they are just tax paid vacations for most of them. I wish I had a company car to drive to work, drive home and travel at lunch to pay my bills - I guarantee you most don't get a 1099 either. Now let's see we have police officers/detectives with kiddy seats in the back of their cars - what for - to transport children to shelter - no to transport their kids to school and or day care. I say if we want balanced budgets and money to spend where it needs to be spent- all of us workin' folk who aren't 'one of the chosen' let's rebel and say pay your way just like we do and make sure boards are representing what they need to be doing. Most of these government 'meetings' are after all open to the public.
rogue 1

Johnson City, TN

#8 Nov 3, 2008
MATS use to be a good program for the homeless. When Sandra was there she helped people find jobs and homes and help some of them find their way back to their families. Linda and Sandy C. and some on the board didn't like a black woman that could take charge and make changes that needed to be done. Sandy C. left MATS wrote a letter full of lies to the board and then she gets her job back and Sandra loses hers' all because of lies. Sandra didn't look down on those folks she helped them. Unlike Sandy and Linda who couldn't stand to be in the room to long with those folks thinking that might catch something. Now who is the director Sandy C. Watch closely that program will fall a part. You can't help when you can't put yourself in their shoes for one minute. Anyone could be homeless. Sometimes it is their fault but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it's the vet whose country promised them everything to fight and then they get nothing, the single parent who works 3 jobs to keep a roof and food for their children, or sometimes you have the drug addicts and the drunks that haven't hit rock bottom yet. Anyone of us could be homeless.
rogue 2

Morristown, TN

#9 Nov 3, 2008
I so agree with you about that Sandy Kline.
Monica

Morristown, TN

#10 Nov 3, 2008
The truth be told, all these non-profits are corrupt. They are using helping people to cover they tracks.
volfan01

Morristown, TN

#11 Nov 3, 2008
Monica and others:
You are so very wrong about this agency and others. These "non-profit" agencies are looked at, audited on three different levels: 1)Federal audits 2)State Audits 3)Self-payed audits. Douglas Cherokee is run by the most honest people I have ever known. Not only are things monitored to prevent fraud, it is virtually impossible to commit fraud the way this agency is set up at this time, and it gets stricter and stricter all the time. Up to 4 people have to sign EVERY voucher that is paid out of Douglas Cherokee. There must be receipts, explanations and validation that each expense is for business usage only. Do you really think that in this day and age of accountability...that an agency would risk over 400 peoples jobs to be corrupt? I would welcome any of the above accusers, to come into Douglas Cherokee, and look at our audit reports, look and meet the most honest man and woman that we have running our agency. That would be Mr. Ray McElhaney, and Ms. Susan Luker. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that our Agency WOULD NEVER BE CORRUPT in any way. You people have no idea what you are talking about when you say thses things about Douglas Cherokee, and it sickens me to think that you would think that people would use "helping people" to do something dirty...We helped over "25,000" people last year...and maybe you should talk to some of those people that would be jobless, educationless, homeless, hungry, etc...if it wasn't for the fine people at Douglas Cherokee...
bass Ackwards

United States

#12 Nov 3, 2008
volfan01 wrote:
Monica and others:
You are so very wrong about this agency and others. These "non-profit" agencies are looked at, audited on three different levels: 1)Federal audits 2)State Audits 3)Self-payed audits. Douglas Cherokee is run by the most honest people I have ever known. Not only are things monitored to prevent fraud, it is virtually impossible to commit fraud the way this agency is set up at this time, and it gets stricter and stricter all the time. Up to 4 people have to sign EVERY voucher that is paid out of Douglas Cherokee. There must be receipts, explanations and validation that each expense is for business usage only. Do you really think that in this day and age of accountability...that an agency would risk over 400 peoples jobs to be corrupt? I would welcome any of the above accusers, to come into Douglas Cherokee, and look at our audit reports, look and meet the most honest man and woman that we have running our agency. That would be Mr. Ray McElhaney, and Ms. Susan Luker. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that our Agency WOULD NEVER BE CORRUPT in any way. You people have no idea what you are talking about when you say thses things about Douglas Cherokee, and it sickens me to think that you would think that people would use "helping people" to do something dirty...We helped over "25,000" people last year...and maybe you should talk to some of those people that would be jobless, educationless, homeless, hungry, etc...if it wasn't for the fine people at Douglas Cherokee...
Preach it!
Urban Meyer

Morristown, TN

#13 Nov 3, 2008
bass Ackwards is a loser!!

Go Gators!!
bass Ackwards

United States

#14 Nov 3, 2008
Urban Meyer wrote:
bass Ackwards is a loser!!
Go Gators!!
Are you 6 or 7 yrs old?
winners and losers

Morristown, TN

#15 Nov 3, 2008
And Fanny Mae and Freddie Mack were also well run and monitored agencies- or so they said!
Urban Meyer

Morristown, TN

#16 Nov 3, 2008
nope.
you must be. what the hell is bass Ackwards?!!
that a redneck, christian term?
winners and losers

Morristown, TN

#17 Nov 3, 2008
Bass Ackwards - is that the new group at the downtown cafe? lol
bass Ackwards

United States

#18 Nov 3, 2008
Redneck. And you?
Steven

Morristown, TN

#19 Nov 3, 2008
Specifically Kathy Kitts is the main problem with Douglas Cherokee.
Effie

Morristown, TN

#20 Nov 3, 2008
I know that woman and she is crazy. Her daughter is too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel Flag Or Rainbow Flag 22 min Open Minded 10
Lesbian Couple Kicked out of 1st Baptist 45 min Open Minded 262
Too many wrecks on joe hall road. 5 hr bartey 6
Joby Buckingham 6 hr Cautious 1
Team Tech 8 hr CBt 14
Mexicans 9 hr Lol 39
Tonya Jones 9 hr 744337864974 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages