i'm new in the area what the best pla...

i'm new in the area what the best place to eat?

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CBH

Powell, TN

#1 Jan 31, 2013
It can be anything. I move to bean station from Nc. Thanks
Wendy

Morristown, TN

#2 Jan 31, 2013
CBH wrote:
Welcome! What kind of food are you interested in? If fine dining is your pleasure, I'm afraid your choices are limited.

Since: Jan 13

Tennessee

#3 Jan 31, 2013
CBH wrote:
First of all, let me be the first to say welcome to Tennessee. Second, let me say that I'm sorry that you ended up in Bean Station.

It depends on what you like really. If you like Mexican food, then El Paraiso is just up the road. I really like that place. If Chinese is more your fare, then let me recommend Asuka Buffet. It's in Morristown. If hamburgers are your thing, let me tell you that Golden Dairy in Rogersville is the place for that. I'll take a Golden Dairy burger over a Five Guys burger any day of the week. You also have your typical run of the mill chain restaurants as well. You have options, some are just better than others.
not here

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Wait-----what wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, let me be the first to say welcome to Tennessee. Second, let me say that I'm sorry that you ended up in Bean Station.
It depends on what you like really. If you like Mexican food, then El Paraiso is just up the road. I really like that place. If Chinese is more your fare, then let me recommend Asuka Buffet. It's in Morristown. If hamburgers are your thing, let me tell you that Golden Dairy in Rogersville is the place for that. I'll take a Golden Dairy burger over a Five Guys burger any day of the week. You also have your typical run of the mill chain restaurants as well. You have options, some are just better than others.
No fine dining in morristown. We just have your run of the mll stuff. I say just pick one and try it till you find one that suites you cause you won't get an honest answer on here
Minnie Pearl

Morristown, TN

#5 Jan 31, 2013
It's hard to recommend a restaurant to someone you don't know. Everyone has such different tastes and such different ideas of what is "good".
In Bean Station, as I'm sure you've seen, there aren't a lot of choices. Although I have eaten at their Pizza Plus, and it's pretty good. There's also a place in Mooresburg called Cooks By the Creek; a little country home-cookin kind of place that's pretty good too. Try some of those little local diners no one knows about; places like that often have the best food.
In Morristown, we have everything from McDonalds (4 of them) to Subway to Golden Corral to Ruby Tuesdays. If you're looking for chain restaurants for a sit-down meal, I already mentioned the Corral, and there's Shoney's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, KFC, Applebees,O'Charley's, and Ruby Tuesdays. For fast food chains, there is always McD's, Burger King, Hardees, Krystal, Wendy's, Taco John's, Taco Bell, Chik-Fil-A, Zaxby's, Bojangles, Cookout, Sonic, Subway, Long John Silvers, and Captain D's.
Then there are the local favorites: Little Dutch, Angelo's, Davy Crockett Restaurant (for good home-cooking), Hillbilly Cabin (another home-cooking), and Justin's.
And there are so many Mexican and Asian restaurants now I couldn't begin to mention them all. They're everywhere.
And there are others. I'm sure you will get good and bad reviews of all, and some will be true and others won't. A favorite pastime of locals on Topix is trashing local restaurants. Your best bet is to determine what type of food you are in the mood for, and go try them out yourself.
Good luck, and Bon Appetite!
CBH

Powell, TN

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Thank you everyone for the info!. Yes there alot of food in morristown i see. I hope i can meet some new friends here also. Im 38 and my wife 32.
Bob

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 31, 2013
CBH wrote:
Thank you everyone for the info!. Yes there alot of food in morristown i see. I hope i can meet some new friends here also. Im 38 and my wife 32.
The Crazy Good Burger truck in Morristown has the best burgers. Check their FB page or their website to find their location each week. You can call ahead to place your order. Also, the Tea Room in downtown Morristown has long been a favorite, but it's only open for lunch, 11 to 2. Everything homemade and fresh.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#8 Jan 31, 2013
There's a Texas Roadhouse in both Knoxville & Johnson City. Also, The Hoagie Shop is in Jefferson City. I agree with the poster who mentioned The Golden Dairy. It don't look like much but the food is good or was last time we were there.
CBH

Powell, TN

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Yeah i believe i seen that crazy good burger truck around. I was wondering if it was good,i might check that out one day. Now i know that cookout is really good i had that in NC,man it was great.
Hands Down

Morristown, TN

#10 Jan 31, 2013
If every place to eat moved to New York City, and was in Times Square. The only one that would survive(besides big chained McDonalds) would be...Akita.
Akita is the best food in Morristown.
Wish they had one on the West End.
Yeah

Morristown, TN

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Minnie Pearl wrote:
It's hard to recommend a restaurant to someone you don't know. Everyone has such different tastes and such different ideas of what is "good".
In Bean Station, as I'm sure you've seen, there aren't a lot of choices. Although I have eaten at their Pizza Plus, and it's pretty good. There's also a place in Mooresburg called Cooks By the Creek; a little country home-cookin kind of place that's pretty good too. Try some of those little local diners no one knows about; places like that often have the best food.
In Morristown, we have everything from McDonalds (4 of them) to Subway to Golden Corral to Ruby Tuesdays. If you're looking for chain restaurants for a sit-down meal, I already mentioned the Corral, and there's Shoney's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, KFC, Applebees,O'Charley's, and Ruby Tuesdays. For fast food chains, there is always McD's, Burger King, Hardees, Krystal, Wendy's, Taco John's, Taco Bell, Chik-Fil-A, Zaxby's, Bojangles, Cookout, Sonic, Subway, Long John Silvers, and Captain D's.
Then there are the local favorites: Little Dutch, Angelo's, Davy Crockett Restaurant (for good home-cooking), Hillbilly Cabin (another home-cooking), and Justin's.
And there are so many Mexican and Asian restaurants now I couldn't begin to mention them all. They're everywhere.
And there are others. I'm sure you will get good and bad reviews of all, and some will be true and others won't. A favorite pastime of locals on Topix is trashing local restaurants. Your best bet is to determine what type of food you are in the mood for, and go try them out yourself.
Good luck, and Bon Appetite!
Cooks by the Creek has been out of business for years. There is a new restaurant in that building called Green Tomato Grill and it is really good
goodfood

Morristown, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2013
i know it sounds funny but the best hamburger i have eaten in Morristown is from the snack bar in west end lanes bowling.Price is very good also offer pretty full menu there. i will go there before cookout for sure.it is open every night ex. sunday.and for lunch on wed and thur til 12.
Doen Yur Mom

Morristown, TN

#13 Feb 1, 2013
The Y is a good place to eat.. i eat there all the time!
Minnie Pearl

Morristown, TN

#14 Feb 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Cooks by the Creek has been out of business for years. There is a new restaurant in that building called Green Tomato Grill and it is really good
Really? I didn't know that. My parents used to eat there all the time; they never mentioned the change. I personally haven't been there in a couple of years.
Bob

Morristown, TN

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Also try Little Dutch restaurant in downtown Morristown. It's been in business since 1939 with the Angelo family. Menu is American, Italian, and Greek. Very good food. Great soup and salad bar too.
roxy

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Nuts from the tree behind ur house...ooohhh,i c some berries ther too,dig in :)
CBH

Powell, TN

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Thanks guys im going to try the pizza inn tue. Hopefuly it good.
Doen Yur Mom

Morristown, TN

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Pizza inn sux! Better take sum tums with you there isnt any such thing as GOOD pizza in Morristown go to Gondiler in jeff city if u want good pizza or to my moms house!
Daria

Morristown, TN

#19 Feb 3, 2013
CBH wrote:
Thanks guys im going to try the pizza inn tue. Hopefuly it good.
Pizza Inn is the WORST in this town.
gassy

Jefferson City, TN

#20 Feb 3, 2013
If you want frozen or canned food go to gondolier. Everyone knows that. Lol. That place isn't an Italian mcdonalds.
Doen Yur Mom wrote:
Pizza inn sux! Better take sum tums with you there isnt any such thing as GOOD pizza in Morristown go to Gondiler in jeff city if u want good pizza or to my moms house!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John lewis 2 hr Sam 5
Rex Coffey BELLY UP (Dec '09) 4 hr Jerry 38
Missing you 5 hr Hoit 120
white girl looking for bbc 6 hr black beast 7
Worst restaurant in Morristown (Feb '10) 8 hr unfortunately 128
How do you get rid of fluorescent tubes in Morr... 12 hr samiam 8
Lynch wants to leave Morristown! 13 hr hello 8

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance