Man shoots himself inside Morristown ...

Man shoots himself inside Morristown Walmart

There are 102 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Mar 26, 2011, titled Man shoots himself inside Morristown Walmart. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

Officials say a man shot himself inside Walmart in Morristown Saturday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
leeanna

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 26, 2011
makes you wonder just how someone could enter a store with a gun and no one even knew .... i thought i was safe in wal-mart!!!!!!!!!! i was there when it happened ,,,,, still in shock,, i hope the cashier is in better standing, she said it sounded like a bomb went off.. you know my son is in afanistan doing his duities ,,, why can't wal-mart have better security.... we're really not safe anywhere!!!!!!!!
Terrifying

Morristown, TN

#2 Mar 26, 2011
I work there, and it really does bring into light the dangers of things. Imagine what would have happened if he'd decided not to shoot himself, but other people?

It was frightening, but I'm glad that no bystanders or customers were physically harmed.
edith sexton

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 26, 2011
i have descuverd when some one walkes in to walmart the buzzer things that go off when some one walkes in and they have nothing in there hands and it goes off they have a gun in there hand it dont matter what type of gun it is it will still go off so more inlikly when he walked in that thing whent off bc when i was talking to this dude he had a gun and i did not know he had one untill we walked out of walmart his gun droped in the parken lot and no one know it scared me shit less so i stoped talking to the dude and like a week later he about shot a biker dude so yeah knowing some one has a gun is scary and what heppend at walmart is sad it really is but all walmarts are not safe at all any one can get killed there there was some one that got shot in rogersville walmart and he died and then the persons prother that shot the dude shot him self in the foot so yeah walmart not safe at allllll thanks
get it right

Morristown, TN

#4 Mar 26, 2011
edith sexton wrote:
i have descuverd when some one walkes in to walmart the buzzer things that go off when some one walkes in and they have nothing in there hands and it goes off they have a gun in there hand it dont matter what type of gun it is it will still go off so more inlikly when he walked in that thing whent off bc when i was talking to this dude he had a gun and i did not know he had one untill we walked out of walmart his gun droped in the parken lot and no one know it scared me shit less so i stoped talking to the dude and like a week later he about shot a biker dude so yeah knowing some one has a gun is scary and what heppend at walmart is sad it really is but all walmarts are not safe at all any one can get killed there there was some one that got shot in rogersville walmart and he died and then the persons prother that shot the dude shot him self in the foot so yeah walmart not safe at allllll thanks
Not true. The alarm system doesn't react to metal or guns, it only reacts to magnetic strips that are used to prevent shop lifting.

If the door alarm went off while someone was walking in with nothing, it was probably an ipod or a cellphone, because those are known to set the door alarms. off.

It's NOT a metal detector, people.
Lantern

White Pine, TN

#5 Mar 26, 2011
It is completely impossible to have enough security to know when a person is carrying a consealed weapon unless you want to go through the same type of search that is set up at Airports everytime you enter Walmart/don't want to imagine a world like this. This world is not safe. The best thing to do is to always try to be aware of your surroundings and keep a look out for people not acting right... running, walking too fast, shouting, crying, etc. I am glad no one was hurt. Lets keep this mans family in our prayers.
leeanna wrote:
makes you wonder just how someone could enter a store with a gun and no one even knew .... i thought i was safe in wal-mart!!!!!!!!!! i was there when it happened ,,,,, still in shock,, i hope the cashier is in better standing, she said it sounded like a bomb went off.. you know my son is in afanistan doing his duities ,,, why can't wal-mart have better security.... we're really not safe anywhere!!!!!!!!
Just Me

Morristown, TN

#6 Mar 26, 2011
I carry a gun in Walmart quite often, and nobody ever knows it.
Lantern

White Pine, TN

#7 Mar 26, 2011
You are right there is a lot about this incident that could have been worse. I am glad you or no one else was harmed. Keep praying, God listens but we must believe and wait on him to reveal the answer. He is worth trusting.
Terrifying wrote:
I work there, and it really does bring into light the dangers of things. Imagine what would have happened if he'd decided not to shoot himself, but other people?
It was frightening, but I'm glad that no bystanders or customers were physically harmed.
look out

Morristown, TN

#8 Mar 26, 2011
I was in the check out at a Morristown store one day (I won't mention which store.) and as I waited my turn in line, I was looking at the things they have for sale right there at the check out. I noticed something that looked like a gun magazine and picked it up, thinking it was a toy for sale. As I carefully looked it over, I realized it was real and not a toy. I gave it to the cashier when it was my turn. Someone had been in line with a gun magazine and for some reason had laid it down. Be careful!
look out

Morristown, TN

#9 Mar 26, 2011
Oh, for those that don't know, when I say a gun magazine, I am not referring to a paper magazine you read. I am referring to ammunition storage.
Visitor

Columbia, SC

#10 Mar 26, 2011
1. Your son is in Afghanistan.
2. Has anyone heard of the Bill of Rights? See the second part.
3. Walmarts do not have metal detectors.
4. People that legally carry concealed firearms are everywhere, like it or not.
5. At least he didn't hurt anyone other than himself.
6. I would pick a more creative venue.
who cares

United States

#11 Mar 26, 2011
Bet the poor bastard didn't have a carry permit. The people I know that have carry permits are sane enough to not shoot them selfs. Its the wackos and kids that pull dumb shit like this.
Dear Look Out

Albemarle, NC

#12 Mar 26, 2011
That is quite possibly the stupidest story I have read lately. How does finding a magazine relate to anything? It is a product and stores sale products. I would love to know which store so I can personally patronize that business.
Dear Look Out

Albemarle, NC

#13 Mar 26, 2011
Excuse me patronise.
joe

Newport, TN

#14 Mar 26, 2011
good riddance
Tiffany

Morristown, TN

#15 Mar 26, 2011
Wow that is crazy and stupid as hell. If u want to kill yourself. Do not do it where there are kids. Do it by yourself and where there is no one that will have that mental pic in there head for the rest of there live. I mean really that is bullshit. I feel sorry for every one that was there and had to see that. Did it happen at the Wal-Mart in Morristown?
drag radial

Rogersville, TN

#16 Mar 26, 2011
but most of u forget one thing.. what about the ems crews that have to respond to the scene dead or alive and give a effort to saving someones life. self inflicted or not its still bad. if only some of u all knew what goes threw the eyes of ems
amazed

Nashville, TN

#17 Mar 26, 2011
This is sad, sad that it happened in a public place where several children were around. Theres no point in bashing the person. The only thing we should be doing is praying for his family, the girls family, and all who saw this gruesome event. Drag Radial, I do not believe the emt's get the credit they deserve. The world would be a better place if people would bite their tongue, before they allow a harsh word to eave it. My prayers go to everyone involved. Calling him names doesn't accomplish anything. This was someones son, grandson, a friend. We do not know what goes through a persons mind before doing these things. Therefore we shouldn't be the one to judge.
Come on

White Pine, TN

#18 Mar 26, 2011
amazed wrote:
This is sad, sad that it happened in a public place where several children were around. Theres no point in bashing the person. The only thing we should be doing is praying for his family, the girls family, and all who saw this gruesome event. Drag Radial, I do not believe the emt's get the credit they deserve. The world would be a better place if people would bite their tongue, before they allow a harsh word to eave it. My prayers go to everyone involved. Calling him names doesn't accomplish anything. This was someones son, grandson, a friend. We do not know what goes through a persons mind before doing these things. Therefore we shouldn't be the one to judge.
Amen to that!!!
who

Charlotte, NC

#19 Mar 26, 2011
Was a knoxville resident could he not go to one of there stores! Pray for all who were there and the ones who had to respond to it. Never know what you will see when you leave safety of your home!
permitted carrier

United States

#20 Mar 26, 2011
I have a carry permit, but almost all walmart stores have posted signs which overrides my ability to carry a gun inside. The fact of the matter is we never know what people are gonna do but we can't go thru life scared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redhead 21 min Ernie 30
Vacuum salesman 1 hr Kirby salesman 2
Morristown police hard at work 1 hr LMAO 173
government shutdown 2 hr AllParties 29
Dating 2 hr Curious cheerful ... 16
rene Kimbrough 3 hr yep 2
Anyone know a hot girl named skye? 4 hr Curious 2
Electric Bills 10 hr Postman 42

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web