Former East Tennessee probation officer pleads guilty to felonies

May 21, 2010 Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville 18

A former probation officer with the East Tennessee Human Resources Agency pleaded guilty this week to three felony charges.

Full Story
Johnny South Knoxville

Bowling Green, KY

#1 May 21, 2010
Did anybody ever have to deal with this person as a Human Resources probation officer?
I'm just curious about her personally and just HOW according to the KNS she "mistreated three probationers between Oct. 1, 2005, and Oct. 17, 2007."
There's got to be more people who've had this treatment too. Those are the stories we need to hear.

==========
From the Knoxville News Sentinel:

Ex-probation officer pleads guilty to theft

$5,000 in court funds stolen; deal includes probation, restitution

By Matt Lakin
Posted May 22, 2010 at midnight

MORRISTOWN - A former East Tennessee Human Resources Agency probation officer pleaded guilty this week to stealing more than $5,000 in court fees and fines.

Ronna Inman pleaded guilty Thursday in Hamblen County Criminal Court. Under the terms of a plea deal, she won't serve a day in jail but will spend two years on probation and must pay $9,443.50 in restitution for the thefts and the cost of the resulting investigation. The convictions - felony theft, felony forgery and official misconduct - will stay on her record forever, officials said.

A special prosecutor denied her request for pretrial diversion, which would have allowed her to serve probation but avoid conviction and a felony record.

"Public officials and employees in this state should be held to a higher standard than that of the average citizen," said Dennis Dycus, director of the state Comptroller's Division of Municipal Audit. "Those who abuse the public's trust should not be allowed to steal public funds and then have their criminal records erased as if they never did anything wrong. Hopefully this will send a message to all public officials and employees that there are actual consequences for abusing their positions."

Inman had worked for the agency's Misdemeanor Probation Services when an audit by the Division of Municipal Audit and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation discovered she took more than $5,000 from the agency, deliberately falsified ETHRA computer records, and mistreated three probationers between Oct. 1, 2005, and Oct. 17, 2007.

A Hamblen County grand jury indicted her last year.

"I am pleased with the work our auditors did in bringing Ms. Inman's crimes to light," said state Comptroller Justin P. Wilson. "Unfortunately, there are some people in positions of public trust who believe they can get away with this type of criminal activity because no one will be paying attention. They are wrong. Our auditors are paying attention."
WE KNOW

New Port Richey, FL

#2 May 22, 2010
It will be hard to pay restitution without a JOB! Also, probation fees will be hard to come by without a JOB! But, maybe she will get Brotey to send the money from prison to help her out...LOL! I should have listened to people earlier, but, I found out in time...Thank God!!!!!
funny

Smyrna, TN

#3 May 25, 2010
Funny how this has been kind of kept hush-hush? Oh well, now she's a convicted felon.
What is this

Morristown, TN

#5 May 25, 2010
Why would Brotey be in prison? I understand she did not show up in court to press charges and the assault charges against him were dropped.
U R A Loser

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 25, 2010
WE KNOW wrote:
It will be hard to pay restitution without a JOB! Also, probation fees will be hard to come by without a JOB! But, maybe she will get Brotey to send the money from prison to help her out...LOL! I should have listened to people earlier, but, I found out in time...Thank God!!!!!
You seem bitter, Gary. Are you mad because she wouldn't give you any sex? She is trying her humanly best to be a good Christian. What is your Daniel-fast doing for you? She has paid her debt to society. Let it go. Be a REAL Christian! Not just a man who talks a good talk to people in public. Behind the scenes, your heart isn't on the right place. If it was, you wouldn't try to kick a girl when she is down. Oh yeah! She's NOT down! God is on her side! He loves her (even you) in spite of the human faults!
Agree

United States

#7 May 25, 2010
I must say that I agree with the last post. You get on face book and talk a great talk about what all GOD is showing you about yourself. And all about your fast. Even though the bible plainly says not to tell anyone that you are fasting! You sir are a hypocrit!!! You should be ashamed of your self. I think ronna should post all the emails you sent just because you couldn't get her in bed. Did she Hurt you pride or manhood? Do yourself a favor and really get on your knees and repent. Your heart is not in the right place. No matter how many fast you do or how many post you make on face book about what GOD is doing or showing you. As long as you have wronged your brother or sister he will not hear your prayers.
No justice

Morristown, TN

#8 May 25, 2010
She should have been put in jail just like anyone else..This is not justice it a slap in the face to all of us tax payers that paid her salary while she stole from everyone. lock the nasty looking thing up not let her keep getting away with this stuff time and time agian. Just think what a example she is setting for her kids..NOT A GOOD ONE..Just look at the way she puts all that make up on those kids like a $5 hoe would wear and sends them to school..Disgrace

Since: Dec 09

Morristown, TN

#9 May 25, 2010
This was bound to happen. Not the conviction but the people getting on here and slamming her. The Lord knows whether she actually committed the crime or whether she's like countless other people that plead guilty because they can't for whatever reason proceed with a trial. Or they just don't want to put their life in the hands of people just like the ones on this forum! People PLEASE quit.

As for Brotey, the hearing was rescheduled. Ronna was in court dealing with her own trouble.

NOW... whether she should be in jail... People we are ALL guilty in some way or another. If your life was played out on a movie screen... every secret moment, every thought, every motive you would RUN with your tail between your legs because you are as guilty as your neighbor. We are ALL guilty at some point in time or another. Have you ever made a personal phone call at work? You STOLE from your boss... the company owns your time and productivity while at work. Have you ever taken more change than you were due at Walmart or a fast food place? You STOLE money. Don't be even draw a line that someone elses wrong is worse than your own. Before God, the TRUE judge... we are ALL guilty and sin is SIN.

Since: Dec 09

Morristown, TN

#10 May 25, 2010
WE KNOW wrote:
The Lord warns about gloating over the sin of our "enemy." He won't be pleased and will turn on you. You can find that in the book of Proverbs... the book of WISDOM.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 May 25, 2010
WE KNOW wrote:
Gary Smith.... From Smith Insurance Agency... this is Anita.... and you... are an ASS.
in agreement

Morristown, TN

#17 May 27, 2010
ajwntn wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary Smith.... From Smith Insurance Agency... this is Anita.... and you... are an ASS.
true. very true.
ignorance abounds

Morristown, TN

#18 May 27, 2010
in agreement wrote:
<quoted text>
true. very true.
Believe you are supposed to remove the beam from your eye before you attempt to remove the splinter from your neighbor's eye. How's that working for you Gary?
honest and law abiding

Morristown, TN

#20 May 27, 2010
i dated a juvenile probation "officer' THAT'S BEEN 10 YRS AGO. NOW SHE IS THE TOP 'DOG' WHAT I want the public to know is that she would violate your child's probation for failing a drug test. confiscate his or hers pot bring it home and smoke it and laugh about it. after calling her a hypocrite about a 1000 times i finally left her. i stayed that long in hopes that she would change. she didn't. i left and she owes me a tidy sum of cash, court ordered to pay,her friends in the court system are protecting her, well friends its time for us to protect each other shes yet to pay me a penny. and you know who you are and i am not giving up,i am tired of waiting. these postings are going to get more frequent and i will tell whaT I KNOW and it might just put you on the other side of the fence looking out instead of your big ego looking in at all the people you incarcerated illegally and if you think i am kidding i will publish the court rulings here on topics. better do the right thing.
Jesco

Bowling Green, KY

#21 May 28, 2010
DO IT.......The world hate a hypocrite.
honest and law abiding wrote:
i dated a juvenile probation "officer' THAT'S BEEN 10 YRS AGO. NOW SHE IS THE TOP 'DOG' WHAT I want the public to know is that she would violate your child's probation for failing a drug test. confiscate his or hers pot bring it home and smoke it and laugh about it. after calling her a hypocrite about a 1000 times i finally left her. i stayed that long in hopes that she would change. she didn't. i left and she owes me a tidy sum of cash, court ordered to pay,her friends in the court system are protecting her, well friends its time for us to protect each other shes yet to pay me a penny. and you know who you are and i am not giving up,i am tired of waiting. these postings are going to get more frequent and i will tell whaT I KNOW and it might just put you on the other side of the fence looking out instead of your big ego looking in at all the people you incarcerated illegally and if you think i am kidding i will publish the court rulings here on topics. better do the right thing.
sick of it

Nashville, TN

#22 Jun 15, 2010
enough is enough people.she is suffering enough.have known her my whole life and still cannot believe any of this garbage.Look in the mirror people.have any of you lied,cheated,or even though bad thoughts about another person?If so you are just as guilty.Church family-you should all be ashamed of yourselves."kick em when they're down"Way to show good Christian love.By the way,gossip is a sin too.Love you Ronna
We ALL Love To

Counce, TN

#23 Jun 15, 2010
ignorance abounds wrote:
<quoted text> Believe you are supposed to remove the beam from your eye before you attempt to remove the splinter from your neighbor's eye. How's that working for you Gary?
We ALL love to make some "trumping" point and then "back it up" with a Bible verse....to imply that "me and GOD" are right.

It's basically a round-about way of telling someone:

"Shut Up....I'll have the last word here...besides....you're not going to argue with God area you?"

We ALL do it....it just feels SO good to be the one who is "right" (especilly when it makes someone else look wrong).

How about this.....don't toss out ANY Bible verse when you are trying to "top" somebody else.

Only use them when you are offering Encourgement.

("oooo....but that doesn't feel as good....I can't make the other guy look bad that way")

And just to stop you before you do....don't throw out some example of how Jesus used scripture to chastise the Pharisees....just in case you havn't noticed, YOU'RE not Jesus.....and you're not one of the apostles either.
Love you Girl

Loudon, TN

#24 Jun 15, 2010
Love you Ronna!! Youre an awesome person and a awesome mom!! I will see you on Facebook
Miss Shy

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Jun 16, 2010
Let's see, she is the daughter if "Rookie" Inman; leads the Hamblen Co. Jail (admin.) What do your expect....avoided jail time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for local Honey 5 min weather forecast 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min WTSenior 152,514
Any 18 to 24 year old girls want a sugar daddy (Jan '13) 15 min Friend 31
Looking for a Melissa Wilson 15 min Guy 007 2
Panther Creek 17 min Conscience 4
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 30 min Michael 9,482
that Lisa Benoit 42 min hmm 123
bp at panther creek 1 hr Employee 161
Manley Baptist Church 11 hr MacDaddyMcGee 6
Only in morristown lol 11 hr bohart 50
Morristown Dating
Find my Match

Morristown Jobs

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morristown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morristown

Personal Finance