Comments
121 - 140 of 164 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2008
disgusted

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Jan 6, 2008
 
MWHSTrojans wrote:
You know what the God damn thing is?
Kelly Bowen = proven evidence of relationship with a student.
Crosby = no evidence of anything, as far as we have seen.
It's a gender issue. Just like I said earlier in this topic, what would we say if Kelly Bowen was a male?
And yet, Bowen gets a lot more defense and sympathy.
It's ridiculous.
I'm not saying what Bowen did was wrong or right because I understand the circumstances, but the facts are there: people are biased against male students who allegedly have relationships with female students.
I can't believe what you wrote!! The reason you THINK Bowen has a relationship with a male student is because someone at that meeting divulged every dirty thing that was said and chose to leave out the good things. Mrs. Bowen had a relationship with all the boys and all the girls in her classes. BUT you didn't get word for word discription of Crosby's hearings because Lynch didn't run to Bobbie Young (who is known for chasing down ambulances) to get to the things she thinks are sordid or dirty. Why is it a 16 or 17 year old can commit a crime and their name can't be pub lished because they are a minor and she chose to post Mrs. Bowen's four year daughters name in her article. Is that not a cause for legal action? I think so. You sound like you have been in a situation that you felt didn't get fair attention by the viciious things you wrote. Mrs. Bowen resigned because she was never told what they were going to say about her and lead to believe she was in deep trouble. T
jerry ensley

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Jan 6, 2008
 
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text> I can't believe what you wrote!! The reason you THINK Bowen has a relationship with a male student is because someone at that meeting divulged every dirty thing that was said and chose to leave out the good things. Mrs. Bowen had a relationship with all the boys and all the girls in her classes. BUT you didn't get word for word discription of Crosby's hearings because Lynch didn't run to Bobbie Young (who is known for chasing down ambulances) to get to the things she thinks are sordid or dirty. Why is it a 16 or 17 year old can commit a crime and their name can't be pub lished because they are a minor and she chose to post Mrs. Bowen's four year daughters name in her article. Is that not a cause for legal action? I think so. You sound like you have been in a situation that you felt didn't get fair attention by the viciious things you wrote. Mrs. Bowen resigned because she was never told what they were going to say about her and lead to believe she was in deep trouble. T
I am sure some people and especially East High students love it when such profanity is used in a forum post that was written by a past or present West High Student. Enough said, Case closed,
THE END!
Rogal Dorn

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Jan 6, 2008
 
jerry ensley wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure some people and especially East High students love it when such profanity is used in a forum post that was written by a past or present West High Student. Enough said, Case closed,
THE END!
This isn't Jerry E. And as for profanity go walk the halls during class change at either High School in Morrsitwon and I promise you will hear worse.
jerry ensley

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Jan 6, 2008
 
Rogal Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Jerry E. And as for profanity go walk the halls during class change at either High School in Morrsitwon and I promise you will hear worse.
I replied to this one in another post. How did it get in two? Don't tell me the Topex computer mess up? I am upset with Topix anyway. I have written what I considered two good post today and they were "kicked out." I didn't use any profanity nor did I say anything bad about the Hispanics and I would never say negative things about little puppies, old folks or watermelon wine. You tell me Rogal Dorn, what gets a post kick out and not passed on. Topix is something I know very little about but make no mistake, I know a lot about the profanity used by the students at East and West High during class change. I had a fourth grade teacher that upon hearing some foul language would say--"now children, watch your language."
Ex-Vol in FL

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Jan 6, 2008
 
Coach Ensley, I think Rogal posted his comment on both threads. I don't know why your two posts would have been kicked out. I've had them "time out" on me before when I was interrupted while typing.

I am sure your fourth-grade teacher never heard the kind of language from you and your classmates that we have heard from our students. Back then I don't think WE had heard some of those words.(I know I hadn't.)
jerry ensley

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Jan 7, 2008
 
Ex-Vol in FL wrote:
Coach Ensley, I think Rogal posted his comment on both threads. I don't know why your two posts would have been kicked out. I've had them "time out" on me before when I was interrupted while typing.
I am sure your fourth-grade teacher never heard the kind of language from you and your classmates that we have heard from our students. Back then I don't think WE had heard some of those words.(I know I hadn't.)
Thanks for the info about Topix although I do not understand what you mean by "time out" when your were interruped while while typing. Surely they do not have somebody reading these post,threads,etc., as the come in. If they do, I think I might like to have a job with them.:-)Speaking of profaniity
in the schools, I too, believe they have come up with some new words and 40 years ago teachers didn't have to worry about being called "bitch, slut" and all of those nice things. Yes, times have changed. On the lighter side of life here in little Morristown,Tn, I want you to know if you do not already, our temps will be up close to 70 degrees today. I will have to get out and about and get a little sun on this bald head of mine. Take care and again I say, muchas gracias.
Bjt

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Jan 7, 2008
 
"Ex-Vol in Fl"

Tell us more about Topix!
jerry ensley

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Jan 7, 2008
 
Bjt wrote:
"Ex-Vol in Fl"
Tell us more about Topix!
He may have gotten upset about me telling him what a beautiful warm day we have here in little Morristown, TN on January 8. No, that would not be true because ex-vols have a thick skin and things said do not get to them as they do some people. I may go down to Lakeway Car Lot and try out a VW Beetle conv and put the top down, ride around town all afternoon and be sure my bald head catches a few rays of sun. I guess right now he is teaching his students to becaome productive citizens. I think I read once that he was a school teacher but of course I am probably wrong. I would like to know more than what I do about Topix.
Ex-Vol in FL

Jacksonville Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Jan 7, 2008
 
Why do I feel like you two are talking about me behind my back?:-)

I don't know why my responses have been timed out on occasion; I think it has occurred when I have been typing and left to do something else. I have also noticed that sometimes I have to hit the "refresh" button for my messages to post, but I thought maybe that was just my computer.

That's about all I know about Topix, other than that compared with the local board here in Jacksonville, Morristown's board is a haven of decency, intelligence, and self-restraint.

Coach, I am happy for your beautiful, warm day and wish I could be out in a VW convertible today. I was in Morristown during Christmas week, and the weather was not bad at all. I missed the really bitter cold weather you had last week, although it was pretty cold here, too.

BTW - I am not a "he". I am also no longer in the classroom; I am in administration now.

I really should change my screen name, because I am not an EX-Vol FAN. I just wanted something to proclaim that I was from Tennessee and not Florida.
laughing

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Jan 7, 2008
 
Disgusted, there was quite a lot of evidence against Crosby. I pulled this from the tribune archive, and I don't think bobbie young wrote the story.
I had to exerpt the story because this blog only accepts 4,000 characters.

While the two-day hearing included testimony about the alleged sexual relationship between Crosby and the teen, the case technically had nothing to do with sex, according to school officials.
Crosby was fired for unprofessional conduct and insubordination. That’s all Scott Reams, school board attorney, had to prove.
Uncontradicted evidence that Crosby continued a relationship with the teen after being told by school administrators to end the relationship didn’t help the former teacher’s case.
Allegations about an improper relationship between Crosby and the young woman first surfaced in 2005.
Still, Crosby employed the teen at his private business, despite the fact that her parents objected and knowing that widespread rumors about their friendship had caused the teen to contemplate suicide.
“To place that student in that relationship and in that jeopardy is unprofessional, and probably words a lot stronger than that,” Reams said in his closing statement.
“I think it is self-evident,” Reams added.“No teacher, no professional… would expose a student to what Mr. Crosby exposed her to, regardless of whether you believe (they) had sex.”
Other broadside hits Crosby took included e-mails he sent to another former teacher, calling their co-workers “dumba--es” and “a-- kissing cowards.”
The fact that the e-mails were transmitted on school-owned computers sealed Crosby’s fate. The vote to uphold the firing was unanimous.
Crosby didn’t testify Tuesday. His lawyer, Knoxville attorney Robert Jolley, elected not to call other witnesses to support his client’s version of the facts.
Jolley said following the hearing that he plans to appeal the school board’s ruling.
The Morristown Police Department investigated the allegations of sexual contact between Jolley and the young woman in 2005 and again in 2007.
Crosby has not been charged as a result of the investigations. That could be because the teen adamantly continues to deny a sexual relationship between her and her former teacher ever existed.
The girl, who is now 18 and renting an apartment in Crosby’s mother’s house, repeated the denial in sworn testimony Wednesday.
Thursday night, Reams sought to undermine the teenager’s testimony.
Four East High students and one teacher, Ann Huckaby, testified that the teen related details of her sexual relationship with Crosby.

Disgusted, the story goes on to quote the teacher and students about specific statements Crosby's lover related about their sexual relationship, but I think you get the gist.
Romans Get Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Jan 7, 2008
 
laughing wrote:
the case technically had nothing to do with sex, according to school officials.
Uncontradicted evidence that Crosby continued a relationship with the teen after being told by school administrators to end the relationship didn’t help the former teacher’s case.
Allegations about an improper relationship between Crosby and the young woman first surfaced in 2005.
Still, Crosby employed the teen at his private business, despite the fact that her parents objected and knowing that widespread rumors about their friendship had caused the teen to contemplate suicide.
“To place that student in that relationship and in that jeopardy is unprofessional, and probably words a lot stronger than that,” Reams said in his closing statement.
“I think it is self-evident,” Reams added.“No teacher, no professional… would expose a student to what Mr. Crosby exposed her to, regardless of whether you believe (they) had sex.”
Other broadside hits Crosby took included e-mails he sent to another former teacher, calling their co-workers “dumba--es” and “a-- kissing cowards.”
The fact that the e-mails were transmitted on school-owned computers sealed Crosby’s fate. The vote to uphold the firing was unanimous.
Crosby didn’t testify Tuesday. His lawyer, Knoxville attorney Robert Jolley, elected not to call other witnesses to support his client’s version of the facts.
Jolley said following the hearing that he plans to appeal the school board’s ruling.
The Morristown Police Department investigated the allegations of sexual contact between Jolley and the young woman in 2005 and again in 2007.
Crosby has not been charged as a result of the investigations. That could be because the teen adamantly continues to deny a sexual relationship between her and her former teacher ever existed.
The girl, who is now 18 and renting an apartment in Crosby’s mother’s house, repeated the denial in sworn testimony Wednesday.
Thursday night, Reams sought to undermine the teenager’s testimony.
If all of that was true, then why did the State not with hold unemployment benefits?
Also the girl has gone on (legal) record that her treatment by the school system and authorities are the reason she contemplated suicide. Her contemplation had nothing to do with Mr. Crosby.
Why hasn't the system owned up to that?
You cant have it both ways now can you? The facts speak louder than any person on this message board, nor any apologist for the good ole boy system of inept education.
Romans Get Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Jan 7, 2008
 
laughing wrote:
Disgusted, there was quite a lot of evidence against Crosby. I pulled this from the tribune archive, and I don't think bobbie young wrote the story.
I had to exerpt the story because this blog only accepts 4,000 characters.
While the two-day hearing included testimony about the alleged sexual relationship between Crosby and the teen, the case technically had nothing to do with sex, according to school officials.
Crosby was fired for unprofessional conduct and insubordination. That’s all Scott Reams, school board attorney, had to prove.
Uncontradicted evidence that Crosby continued a relationship with the teen after being told by school administrators to end the relationship didn’t help the former teacher’s case.
Allegations about an improper relationship between Crosby and the young woman first surfaced in 2005.
Still, Crosby employed the teen at his private business, despite the fact that her parents objected and knowing that widespread rumors about their friendship had caused the teen to contemplate suicide.
“To place that student in that relationship and in that jeopardy is unprofessional, and probably words a lot stronger than that,” Reams said in his closing statement.
“I think it is self-evident,” Reams added.“No teacher, no professional… would expose a student to what Mr. Crosby exposed her to, regardless of whether you believe (they) had sex.”
Other broadside hits Crosby took included e-mails he sent to another former teacher, calling their co-workers “dumba--es” and “a-- kissing cowards.”
The fact that the e-mails were transmitted on school-owned computers sealed Crosby’s fate. The vote to uphold the firing was unanimous.
Crosby didn’t testify Tuesday. His lawyer, Knoxville attorney Robert Jolley, elected not to call other witnesses to support his client’s version of the facts.
Jolley said following the hearing that he plans to appeal the school board’s ruling.
The Morristown Police Department investigated the allegations of sexual contact between Jolley and the young woman in 2005 and again in 2007.
Crosby has not been charged as a result of the investigations. That could be because the teen adamantly continues to deny a sexual relationship between her and her former teacher ever existed.
The girl, who is now 18 and renting an apartment in Crosby’s mother’s house, repeated the denial in sworn testimony Wednesday.
Thursday night, Reams sought to undermine the teenager’s testimony.
Four East High students and one teacher, Ann Huckaby, testified that the teen related details of her sexual relationship with Crosby.
Disgusted, the story goes on to quote the teacher and students about specific statements Crosby's lover related about their sexual relationship, but I think you get the gist.
Now, now, now....put that knife down, come back inside and put your clothes back on, Grandma, you know you get like this if you don't take your medication like they told you to do when they let you come home to us...if you don't they're gonna take you back there to that awful place you say you hated!
laughing

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Jan 8, 2008
 
Romans Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
If all of that was true, then why did the State not with hold unemployment benefits?
Also the girl has gone on (legal) record that her treatment by the school system and authorities are the reason she contemplated suicide. Her contemplation had nothing to do with Mr. Crosby.
Why hasn't the system owned up to that?
You cant have it both ways now can you? The facts speak louder than any person on this message board, nor any apologist for the good ole boy system of inept education.
I have no idea why Crosby kept his unemployment benefits, but I'd probably have to say it has something to do with both Crosby and his ex-lover denying that they had sex, despite the fact that the girl told five people they were. Maybe, at a lower level in the process, the people who make the decision are prohibited from considering heresay evidence, which is what the girl's statements to her friends would be.

I do know one thing: If I were a teacher and I were innoncent of having sex with a student or insubordination or anything else,I know I'd be on the witness stand talking about it. Crosby didn't testify.

His attorney didn't want to open him up to potentially devastating cross-examination. At the end of the day, I'd say that Crosby's attorney keeping him off the stand is the biggest reason he continued to draw unemployment benefits.
disgusted

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Jan 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Romans Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, now....put that knife down, come back inside and put your clothes back on, Grandma, you know you get like this if you don't take your medication like they told you to do when they let you come home to us...if you don't they're gonna take you back there to that awful place you say you hated!
I think you misinterpretated my response. I wasn't refering to Crosby, but to the nasty article about Bowen in the RAGUNE (Tribune). Nothing about her husband or her daughter and I will point out again,(four year old daughter) should have been printed. Young had to be fed her information from (Doctor, ha ha) Lynch. He and Bowen were the only persons in the room except the judge. I'm aware this information is made public, but I don't feel like (Fish head) excuse me Fishman allowed her to travel to Knoxville to get the public information on the day of the hearing. This leads me to believe that our Dr. Lyncher gave her all the information. I know for a fact that on the day Bowen's case was to come before the board the first time, he called her three times and asked her to resign and she replied she didn't feel like she had done anything to cause her to resign. However, the third time he told her if she didn't have her resignation on his desk by 5 o'clock, he was going to ask the board to fire her. What would you have done in this stiuation?
Danton

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Jan 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea why Crosby kept his unemployment benefits, but I'd probably have to say it has something to do with both Crosby and his ex-lover denying that they had sex, despite the fact that the girl told five people they were. Maybe, at a lower level in the process, the people who make the decision are prohibited from considering heresay evidence, which is what the girl's statements to her friends would be.
I do know one thing: If I were a teacher and I were innoncent of having sex with a student or insubordination or anything else,I know I'd be on the witness stand talking about it. Crosby didn't testify.
His attorney didn't want to open him up to potentially devastating cross-examination. At the end of the day, I'd say that Crosby's attorney keeping him off the stand is the biggest reason he continued to draw unemployment benefits.
Lol you haven't a clue. Coach Crosby made his statements to the police and Dr. Lynch. He need not say anymore. He has more than complied with the process. To go further against Crosby is harassment.

Your opinion doesnt matter. If I were Crosby I would take the State of Tennessee's ruling over the back room politics of Morristown any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

They have ruined an innnocent man's career. Acountability for their actions is forthcoming.

No one person or one school system is above the law. This case is about facts and following the tenure law of Tennessee.

Otherwise get bent.
Danton

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Jan 8, 2008
 
Rumor and Inuendo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the one must be infatuatied with the mousse in Lynch's hair. I have no concrete opinion on them other than Haun who used her position to get her son treated with favoritism while he was at East High. It's sad when you can't go through life and earn things on your own. Its all about who you are or who you know. WWJD? "What Would Johnson Do"? He must have some deep-seeded emtional angst over something. What was it he said one time?..."It isn't where you get your appetite, it's where you have your meal." You are more than welcome to figure that one out.
There is no current concept of fairness at East. Take for example when they had a cell phone bust last year. The daughter of an assistent District Attorney got her phone back without MOM having to come get it (now we don't want to incon. an ADA do we? Does that put the best possible face on East High?). But all the kids who are poor or their parents work have to come down and get the phones in person. DOUBLESTANDARD maybe?
Its all about how things look....no rules ....no substance...no morality....no example for the kids to model or follow.
I have always been for seizing phones or changing the rule. In the same light I have always been in favor of treating every kid the same way regardless of SES (socio-economic status). The administration does't work that way. Some kids gets punished while others walk. It's OJ on crack. It's justice at their leisure, nothing even remotly close to a rule of law applied equally to all students. Just ask some trustworthy kids and they will confirm it.
You never see poor or ugly girls working in the main office. Johnson surrounds himself with students who are attractive or are part of the in crowd or their clothing is on not within dress code.
Working that appetite.....
Bureaucratization and specialization are the driving processes behind the Law. These create a specialized group of administrators in a hierarchical organization. Which, in turn, leads to the rationalization and routinization of authority and decision-making, a process first and perhaps best described by Max Weber, and to a lesser and more cynical extent, by the Peter Principle.
The organizational characteristics that promote oligarchy are reinforced by certain characteristics of both leaders and members of organizations. People achieve leadership positions precisely because they have unusual political skill; they are adept at getting their way and persuading others of the correctness of their views (see charismatic authority). Once they hold high office, their power and prestige is further increased. Leaders have access to, and control over, information and facilities that are not available to the rank-and-file. They control the information that flows down the channels of communication. Leaders are also strongly motivated to persuade the organization of the rightness of their views, and they use all of their skills, power and authority to do so.[1]
By design of the organization, rank and file are less informed than their "superiors." Finally, from birth, people are taught to obey those in positions of authority. Therefore the rank and file tend to look to leaders for policy directives and are generally prepared to allow leaders to exercise their judgment on most matters.
Leaders also have control over very powerful negative and positive sanctions to promote the behavior that they desire. They have the power to grant or deny raises, assign workloads, fire, demote and — that most gratifying of all sanctions — the power to promote. Most important, they tend to promote junior officials who share their opinions, with the result that the oligarchy becomes self-perpetuating. Therefore the very nature of large-scale organization makes oligarchy within these organizations inevitable. Bureaucracy, by design, promotes the centralization of power in the hands of those at the top of the organization.[1]
disgusted

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Jan 12, 2008
 
Well, folks I have heard from a person at central office, that our wonderful Dr. "Lyncher" has banned Topix from all computers at school!!!!!!
He must be getting a little uncomfortable at people who know a lot about him and do not respect him are telling a few things he dosen't want anyone to know. What is your take on this?
IKWIGO

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Jan 12, 2008
 
He needs to be uncomfortable! It's about time that people began to realize what a louse he is! Believe me, he shouldn't be pointing fingers because he is far from being Mr. Perfect! There is a reason he struts around like he does, and cocky is not the word. The shame of it all is that Dean is following right behind him. As for school board members, they all need to be replaced! They truly have no idea about what it is to be a teacher, if they worked half as hard as the teachers the system would be much better.I say, replace all the central office and school board members.

Since: Oct 07

Vegas.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Jan 12, 2008
 
disgusted wrote:
Well, folks I have heard from a person at central office, that our wonderful Dr. "Lyncher" has banned Topix from all computers at school!!!!!!
He must be getting a little uncomfortable at people who know a lot about him and do not respect him are telling a few things he dosen't want anyone to know. What is your take on this?
Wow. This isn't shocking at all. "If Liberty means anything at all, it means the ability to tell people what they do not want to heart". That has always been one of my favorite quotes. I guess Lynch isn't a big fan of Liberty.
laughing

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Jan 12, 2008
 
Danton wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol you haven't a clue. Coach Crosby made his statements to the police and Dr. Lynch. He need not say anymore. He has more than complied with the process. To go further against Crosby is harassment.
Your opinion doesnt matter. If I were Crosby I would take the State of Tennessee's ruling over the back room politics of Morristown any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
They have ruined an innnocent man's career. Acountability for their actions is forthcoming.
No one person or one school system is above the law. This case is about facts and following the tenure law of Tennessee.
Otherwise get bent.
All I know is that if I were innocent of a crime, no attorney could keep me off the stand. It's also coincidental that Crosby, who some maintain was on Lynch's "hit list" - and I'm no fan of Lynch - make Lynch's job easier by having sex with a student. Four or five people testified that the girl told them that she and Crosby had sex. Are you asking me to believe that Lynch got students, not all of whom were in the same clique, and a teacher to conspire to tell lies
to ruin Crosby's career?

And if that is the case, I'm back to my original thought - why didn't he testify in his own defense?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 27 min Mike Seibers 9,309
John Wesemann where is he now? (Jan '13) 41 min Lmao 30
what is starting pay at Colgate 56 min I wish 12
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr -Lily- 145,429
NA meetings in Morristown?? (Jan '14) 1 hr emma 13
Bus Drivers 1 hr mechanically incl... 8
Anthony Hurst (Aug '13) 1 hr He is mine now 15
County Commission Antics 2 hr spade 22
Whats going on at old black college? 4 hr yup 20

Search the Morristown Forum:
•••
•••
Morristown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morristown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Morristown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morristown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••