Motwn

United States

#1 May 18, 2011
I heard they are doing much better now. Thats good to hear.
Worker

United States

#2 May 18, 2011
It is better than it used to be. Esselte took over and I think they will do alot better.
I know

Panther, WV

#3 Jun 21, 2011
It is better than it was but they still need to weed out the hoes men/women who try to break up ppls relationships/marriages cause they have no life of their own....lol But they are everywhere so kinda hard to do. Overall it is a good place to work though. There is some good, honest, nice ppl down there.
Agreed

United States

#4 Jun 28, 2011
Totally agree, it is a good place to wrk.I think Esselte will do better with the business. There r sum hoes but for the most prt there is good ppl dwn there. U hav good an bad ppl everywhere !!!! If u hav a good man or woman it doesnt matter where they wrk or go..:)
factman

Sullivan, MO

#5 Sep 16, 2012
esselte union already sending machines to mexico
Drone

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2012
Someone I know that has been there over 20 years is getting layed off in the next 60 days.
hunter

United States

#7 Oct 23, 2012
they are closing the plant next year in may. Esseite over spent the budget and is taking it out on the people who worrk there. The people didnt ask for the over spending top managment done this on their own .
been there

Kingsport, TN

#8 Oct 23, 2012
Sad day closing plant by September next year
Dot

Morristown, TN

#9 Oct 23, 2012
News story at WATE.com . I could not provide a link as my computer is a relic. Sorry....
factman

Sullivan, MO

#10 Oct 23, 2012
kinda knew they would close it thats how they been running things slnce j w childs bought it feel bad for the people they claim they cant make budget all the time but at union its like you have two machine operators for every supervisor and the people we call walk arounds because all they do is walk around all day and do nothing
Crap On ya

Morristown, TN

#11 Oct 24, 2012
This sucks, not only for the ones impacted but for the community in general. I saw the news and they keep lying and lying saying there are plenty of jobs in the county, to be fair not them just the county. It's fucking bull shit, people who've worked their entire lives away are being kicked to the curb. This is what Mit Romney's company did, buy up business with good cash flow but other financial problems, then selling that shit for a profit, or Obama's immigration policies. etc
They're both different sides of the same coin, heads or tails we the people always loose.

That said I have a distant family member who worked there and they said that the temps worked harder and most times better than the full timers who seem to had become complacent and had fallen into a false sense of job security.

It's all about the money always has and always will.
Hell and the foreigners wonder why we're so fat and depressed.
No one should take the closing personal or let it impact their families, because really it never crossed their minds how you felt, the markets have sadly, turned into a problem that the gov won't fix and things like ampad being the private sectors only response.
When you vote just remember that no matter what you do or how you feel they'll keep on keeping at the same shit that has led to all the outsourcing of our jobs.
Nafta, lenient taxes tariffs and duties. I'm starting to believe they'd send domestic cow shit over to Mexico just so they had the satisfaction of knowing an American didn't get the job lol.....
factman

Sullivan, MO

#12 Oct 24, 2012
boy i agree with you a 100 percent our congressmen only want to focus on china they wont touch mexico because of nafta all i can say we here at the union plant are getting worried
factman2

Washington, MO

#13 Oct 3, 2013
I used to work at the union plant also. it ruined my life. The work environment there was terrible. Some of the trouble makers there were the supv s. I hope it has gotten better there i seen the company lose some great employees

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Bellew 5 min Lol 16
Lot Beside Pet Sense 9 min NAVY vet 8
Automotive Question About Headlights 19 min Lol 13
Construction beside the new Food City West 1 hr Excavator 6
Violation of probation 1 hr Hey 32
linda rice 2 hr just askin 1
who is mr.grinch 4 hr tenngirl123 3
Morristown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web