Hillside Grill "Was Angelos"

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Local Guy

Morristown, TN

#1 Nov 9, 2009
What is the deal with this place? Is there a restaurant and bar as when it was angelos? Is it a good place to have a drink?
Ltldogwoman

United States

#2 Nov 10, 2009
Yes on all questions. Try the pork chops if you're hungry, they are delish!
Well

Morristown, TN

#3 Nov 10, 2009
where?
Just sayin

Morristown, TN

#4 Nov 10, 2009
Did the new owners get rid of the cock roaches? Seems the like every time I went there I seen cock roaches, especially at the bar.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 10, 2009
Just sayin wrote:
Did the new owners get rid of the cock roaches? Seems the like every time I went there I seen cock roaches, especially at the bar.
It's still owned and operated by the Tommy Angelos. It looks exactly the same. No changes.
What

Morristown, TN

#6 Nov 10, 2009
So what are you saying it is all the same including cock roaches.
frieslander

Morristown, TN

#7 Nov 10, 2009
Its a nice place. good food and drink. Dino is the boss and does a good job
Roaches______How Petty

Morristown, TN

#8 Nov 10, 2009
Hillside is a great place...as was Angelo's....Angelos was by far the best restaraunt in Morristown to dine in. Although I have not eaten at Hillside I am sure it parralls Angelos, The Point, or Baneberry.....which are all great. I have been to the bar at Hillside and it is the classiest bar in town with a little privacy to boot. As far as roaches....I have never seen anything close in all the years I frequented Angelos.......unless you are talking about some of the people found on the dance floor most Friday nights. Our town needs new businesses in all sectors.....please refrain from unnecessary malicious comments. Tommy is a good guy and is trying to bring us a much needed "quality food establishment."
No Way

Knoxville, TN

#9 Nov 10, 2009
manicotti wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still owned and operated by the Tommy Angelos. It looks exactly the same. No changes.
How can you say it looks exactly the same. I've been in there many times and it looks completely different. They've remodeled the whole place. The food is great there. There are no cockroaches there. Get real.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 10, 2009
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say it looks exactly the same. I've been in there many times and it looks completely different. They've remodeled the whole place. The food is great there. There are no cockroaches there. Get real.
I never said there were any cockroaches!!!! But, it looks just the same and the owners are the same.
Beg Your Pardon

Morristown, TN

#11 Nov 10, 2009
manicotti wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said there were any cockroaches!!!! But, it looks just the same and the owners are the same.
You must be blind or innbriated, or both. It was a Private "Membership" Club before and is now a "public" restaurant. They did a pretty thorough remodeling and fix-up, primarily in the bar area and the casual dining area on the west side. Did a lot upstairs, too. How about being a little less critical in your viewpoint? This is a pretty good place to go to enjoy "fine dining," as well as a casual businwess lunch. New menu is different for the old "Club" days, although they have retained many of the popular, and delicious, items from the past. Thanks to the entire Angelos family for providing this venue and to son Dino for managing this operation.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 10, 2009
Beg Your Pardon wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be blind or innbriated, or both. It was a Private "Membership" Club before and is now a "public" restaurant. They did a pretty thorough remodeling and fix-up, primarily in the bar area and the casual dining area on the west side. Did a lot upstairs, too. How about being a little less critical in your viewpoint? This is a pretty good place to go to enjoy "fine dining," as well as a casual businwess lunch. New menu is different for the old "Club" days, although they have retained many of the popular, and delicious, items from the past. Thanks to the entire Angelos family for providing this venue and to son Dino for managing this operation.
So saying that it looks the same and they still have the same owner is being critical?????
great

Jefferson City, TN

#13 Nov 10, 2009
everyone should go and check it out for themselves. there are no cockroaches the health inspector would not allow that you idiots. anyways they have remolded and it looks great. big nashville songwriter and singer performing there this thurs and friday starting at 9pm
GiGi

Rockford, TN

#14 Nov 10, 2009
So if Tommy still owns it, and it still looks the same, and it's still a bar and restaurant, why the name change? It's been Angelo's forever, and Angelo's is a much nicer sounding name than "Hillside".
bjt

Morristown, TN

#15 Nov 10, 2009
How ridiculous!
curious

Walland, TN

#16 Nov 10, 2009
Come on guys! Can't we just get along? Hillside Grill is a great place to eat; the food is wonderful. And I've eaten there! Dino does an excellent job. We needed something to liven up the eatery choices in Morristown, and this does the trick. Have you ever known a restaurant owned and operated by the Angelos to be less than great?
Don't know about the cockroaches; I didn't see any, and I'm sure the health dept. would be on their backs if this was the case.
Ltl

Morristown, TN

#17 Nov 10, 2009
Yes there are some changes. Menu appears different but that is the extent of it. Dino is still at the bar drinking as always, no change there.

Don't know much about the cockroaches but if they had them I would not be surprised. We read every day about Morristown restaurants with cockroaches. Obviously they get away with it from the health department why would not Hillside get away. I think they add amusement to the dinning experience.
cockroaches deepfried

Morristown, TN

#18 Nov 10, 2009
manicotti wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you can say what you will and deny what you may, I had a cockroach crawl across my mushrooms once. Another evening a huge, grand Daddy bugger leaped over the toe of my sandal. I'd say they could get rid of 'em easier if they'd just lay off Dino. He's the one who attracts them all when he's drunk.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 10, 2009
cockroaches deepfried wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry you can say what you will and deny what you may, I had a cockroach crawl across my mushrooms once. Another evening a huge, grand Daddy bugger leaped over the toe of my sandal. I'd say they could get rid of 'em easier if they'd just lay off Dino. He's the one who attracts them all when he's drunk.
Talk to "Just Sayin". That's the poster that made the cockroach accusation. Maybe the 2 of you can compare bug stories.
retards

Morristown, TN

#20 Nov 12, 2009
Those of you bashing "hillside" are the same ones shoveling your face at the golden coral. I don't know what personnal issues you have with the Angelos', but they are good people. Dino has worked very hard to make this place a successful dining facility for everyone to enjoy. The menu has changed a great deal, to include affordable items for everyone. The food is delicious. The entire restaurant has been remodeled and the dance floor has been taken out. As far as the cockroaches, get real. Your homes are probably infested and you wouldn't feel at home eating somewhere without them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
QUESTION, What type of woman contacts a Married... 47 min Hey 22
Lear 50 min Kitten 23
Ex-WSCC professor charged 53 min Hey 45
rich williams is bald and wrinkled ffag 57 min Hey 89
tonya brady 1 hr Sexy Female 2
Unfair Treatment at Riteway LLC 1 hr Over it 17
cops gone bad #9 5 hr Wow 189
More from around the web

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE