West High pregnancies
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
no way

Nashville, TN

#1 Sep 24, 2011
I heard there are several pregnancies at West High this year! Surely that is not true.
east 2

Nashville, TN

#2 Sep 24, 2011
no way wrote:
I heard there are several pregnancies at West High this year! Surely that is not true.
not sure about that but kids have been caught actually having sex at east formals, sick,sick,sick. where are the parents of these kids?
hah

Morristown, TN

#3 Sep 24, 2011
dem baby mommas be gettin dey hump on!
maybe

Morristown, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2011
east 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure about that but kids have been caught actually having sex at east formals, sick,sick,sick. where are the parents of these kids?
Out buying guns for their kids to take to school to protect themselves.
big suprise

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2011
parents let their kids dress like ho3s what do they expect.... parents are to blame! nice parenting!
Poster

Lexington, SC

#6 Sep 24, 2011
Parents arent to blame100%. A lot of moms do promote their teen girls looking older with hilites , pushup padded bras, fake nails, high heels, and fake nails however the parents arent to blame for teens being teens. Most everyone had sex at some point in high school but most of us were lucky enough know enough and use protection or not get anyone pregnant , dont be fooled by all of the people that say its what she was wearing cause girls had sex when knee knockers and turtle necks were in style.
If you wanna blame somebody blame the democratic media for promoting sex to youth
Former West Grad

Mount Juliet, TN

#7 Sep 24, 2011
Poster wrote:
Parents arent to blame100%. A lot of moms do promote their teen girls looking older with hilites , pushup padded bras, fake nails, high heels, and fake nails however the parents arent to blame for teens being teens. Most everyone had sex at some point in high school but most of us were lucky enough know enough and use protection or not get anyone pregnant , dont be fooled by all of the people that say its what she was wearing cause girls had sex when knee knockers and turtle necks were in style.
If you wanna blame somebody blame the democratic media for promoting sex to youth
You have to be one of the most idiotic posters on this site! I would recommend consulting someone before you post such stupid responses! Democratic Media? Get a life!
Jack MeHoff

Mount Juliet, TN

#8 Sep 24, 2011
Poster wrote:
Not sure what you're talking about, but every time that I watch FoxNews I reach for the bottle of Jergens and start going to town with all the raciness they put on...It gets me going! HOOHAA!!
Gift from God

Morristown, TN

#9 Sep 25, 2011
all babies are gifts from God. So quit bashing kids. If ur daughter gets pregnanat at a young age there is always adoptions agentcies
reality

Morristown, TN

#10 Sep 25, 2011
Former West Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be one of the most idiotic posters on this site! I would recommend consulting someone before you post such stupid responses! Democratic Media? Get a life!
http://www.mrc.org/biasbasics/ biasbasics3.asp
ummmm

Seymour, TN

#11 Sep 25, 2011
no way wrote:
Where you ben? There are several pregnancies at West EVERY year.
Otis

United States

#12 Sep 25, 2011
Glad my kids are gone. I support West still and always will yet the way young girls are brought up today, its a wonder they all are not pregnant. Glad I don't have to deal with that.
One thing that makes things seem worse at West High is our location. True we are in the heart of the projects. I have heard it said west high is the projects school, public housing surrounds the school. Is that an issue, yes. We have all the under privileged kids,girls and that to makes a difference. Bad location, public housing kids and bad mothers that push their kids through puberty. Hate it but the truth is the truth.
GoodOleDays

Morristown, TN

#13 Sep 25, 2011
There is no more teen pregnancy now than there ever was. It's just that it used to be handled with a shotgun wedding and then telling everybody that the baby came early.
Parent

Morristown, TN

#14 Sep 25, 2011
The last I had heard, there was very little sex education at school - it is said to be the parent's job, but unfortunately parents aren't teaching it to their kids as much as they should. As for what little is taught in the school system, it is abstinence only. I would really like to see the system hire a person jsut to go around and teach sex ed, even if it is abstinence only. It may not be on a "t-cap" or "ACT" test, but we need to worry more about these kids and their future, not jsut test scores.
Just Me

White Pine, TN

#16 Sep 26, 2011
Parent wrote:
The last I had heard, there was very little sex education at school - it is said to be the parent's job, but unfortunately parents aren't teaching it to their kids as much as they should. As for what little is taught in the school system, it is abstinence only. I would really like to see the system hire a person jsut to go around and teach sex ed, even if it is abstinence only. It may not be on a "t-cap" or "ACT" test, but we need to worry more about these kids and their future, not jsut test scores.
School will never take the place of parenting. You could teach and preach abstinence all day long, but as soon as the parents leave the teens home alone while they work or party or whatever, then kids are going to be kids. Lack of supervision is the biggest problem. Even then, once teenagers are able to drive, there's plenty of opportunity for them to have sex. At that point, they have to rely on their personal values. And guess where the values (or lack thereof) come from? It certainly isn't the school system.
been there

Morristown, TN

#17 Sep 27, 2011
Parent wrote:
there was zero "sex education in schools" back when the pregnancy rate was 90% less than it is now. It was all about values and fear then. Like my dad said to my boyfriends "if you value your life you will not touch my daughter inappropriately".
Robert

Morristown, TN

#18 Sep 27, 2011
Sounds like Chester the molester is on the loose...
Trojan Mom

United States

#19 Sep 27, 2011
Bad news today my daughter came home and told me that there is a really key girls basketball player that just found out she was pregnant and hasn't even told her parents. Were counting on a good season, instead we will be going to baby showers. This girl had everything going for her, her father will die when he finds out. What are these kids thinking.
What

Lawndale, NC

#20 Sep 27, 2011
That Stinks !
Otis

United States

#21 Sep 27, 2011
Again I tell you, west high is the towns project school. We are in the center of public housing district. Most of Our kids act like project kids. I hate it! To bad. Glad mine have graduated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany 5 min whoa 4
Women Should Not Speak At Church (Jan '11) 24 min Taylor 193
4 Easy Dietary Swaps For A Healthier You 38 min Numb thoughts 2
Big "A" Market (Sep '15) 42 min Just Curious 29
Web Design and Marketing Los Angeles 43 min Numb thoughts 3
Lawn care guys making a Dollar then think there... 58 min Money guy 12
The 7 Best Day Hikes Near Los Angeles 1 hr Numb thoughts 2

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance