Who will win County Commissioner dist...

Who will win County Commissioner district 6

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Morristown, TN

#1 Jul 16, 2010
who will win?

will it be Joe Spoone or will it be new comer Tim Goins?
granny 2010

Morristown, TN

#2 Jul 16, 2010
Bridgestone wrote:
who will win?
will it be Joe Spoone or will it be new comer Tim Goins?
Tim Goins seems to have a good head on his shoulders. And with some of the issues that have been voted and passed by the county commission some new commissioners might give a needed new outlook to things.
Melissa Bellew

Morristown, TN

#3 Oct 25, 2011
I personaly feel like Tim Goins is not a good choice..He is very one sided when it comes to situations,for example,Taffy White(Paws of Luv animal rescue on Boatmans mtn. has been harressed in every way by one nieghbor,all neighbor has to do is call Tim and he is at her house,Taffy on the other hand is a taxpayer and has sent him emails with her phone #,he refuses to even speak to her,I help her at the rescue,I have sent him e mails,no responce,but yet he is trying to take Taffy to court for barking dogs???????
get a clue

Morristown, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2011
I would call him also if I lived around it! You go Tim.
Melissa Bellew

Morristown, TN

#5 Oct 25, 2011
lived around what?A woman who works 12 hour night shifts,sometime 7 days a week.All of her money goes to the rescue,and what few days she gets of she runs long transports on as little as 2 hours sleep just to save animals,and you think she should be harrased?

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 26, 2011
Melissa Bellew wrote:
lived around what?A woman who works 12 hour night shifts,sometime 7 days a week.All of her money goes to the rescue,and what few days she gets of she runs long transports on as little as 2 hours sleep just to save animals,and you think she should be harrased?
I don't think anyone questions the lady's good intentions and hard work but we all deserve to be able to enjoy our homes in peace and safety. If someone keeps a bunch of barking dogs that disturb the neighborhood they are not being respectful of others.Now factor in that some of these dogs might be dangerous if they escape and we have a situation that is an unacceptable risk to others.Saving the dogs is a noble intent, unfortunately infringing on the rights and safety of others is not.
anyone know

Dandridge, TN

#7 Oct 26, 2011
Mark Rice wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone questions the lady's good intentions and hard work but we all deserve to be able to enjoy our homes in peace and safety. If someone keeps a bunch of barking dogs that disturb the neighborhood they are not being respectful of others.Now factor in that some of these dogs might be dangerous if they escape and we have a situation that is an unacceptable risk to others.Saving the dogs is a noble intent, unfortunately infringing on the rights and safety of others is not.
Amen is all i can say to your post!!! u my friend are wonderful!!!
speaking up

United States

#8 Oct 26, 2011
I am a neighbor to this lady. She helps several of us in many ways. Her dogs "DO NOT" bark all of the time & there is no odor. It is clean & kept very well. The dogs do bark, when they see something or are being taken care of & playing. She fosters until they go out to their Rescues. That usually isn't very long, they have to be vetted before they can go.
We have a neighbor (actually a couple of) that are always stirring up some kind of trouble with people. One walks her dog, on this lady's property & taunts the dogs until they bark. Then she complains. Who is in the wrong here?? If you check the records, the complaints come from those 2.
She has the area, the dogs are in, in 6 ft tall kennels, concrete, & shade. They have a yard to run in, that is has a 5ft fence & electric across the top & bottom. I have never seen any of the dogs running at large.
People drop off dogs & cats, in her front yard all of the time. Guess it is easy to discard something, when you think it will be safe.
The rest of us, think she is doing a wonderful thing & back her 100%.
gmail

Morristown, TN

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Melissa Bellew wrote:
I personaly feel like Tim Goins is not a good choice..He is very one sided when it comes to situations,for example,Taffy White(Paws of Luv animal rescue on Boatmans mtn. has been harressed in every way by one nieghbor,all neighbor has to do is call Tim and he is at her house,Taffy on the other hand is a taxpayer and has sent him emails with her phone #,he refuses to even speak to her,I help her at the rescue,I have sent him e mails,no responce,but yet he is trying to take Taffy to court for barking dogs???????
Sounds to me like he probably just doesn't use his E-mail very often, or you letters go to the junk mail folder. Why not try to call him instead to make your case?

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Oct 26, 2011
anyone know wrote:
<quoted text> Amen is all i can say to your post!!! u my friend are wonderful!!!
to be fair I have never been to this place and have no idea how much noise is made or how secure the dogs are contained.
gmail

Morristown, TN

#11 Oct 26, 2011
Melissa Bellew wrote:
all neighbor has to do is call Tim and he is at her house,
I don't know any other commissioner who would do that in a complaint. Sounds like he was the right choice to me.
speaking up

United States

#12 Oct 26, 2011
gmail wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any other commissioner who would do that in a complaint. Sounds like he was the right choice to me.
Several Commissioners have been to this location. Along with the Sheriff, deputies, etc. None have seen anything wrong or the dogs barking, even while they were there.
I'm not saying who was the right or wrong choice. I am saying this! Before you step into something because of one or two people, you should talk to several involved. That doesn't make for a good re-election.
You can never go by just 1 or 2 people, without a full investigation. It makes you look like a fool.
Tim came highly recommended by some highly influential people. I did vote for him. I just think, in this issue, he has made a poor decision to jump before he got all the facts.
Melissa Bellew

Morristown, TN

#13 Oct 26, 2011
I voluntier at this rescue and I have for about 2 yrs.I lost my home of 9 yrs to forcloser,moved into a trailer,it caught on fire I lost everything,had to move into projects for 1 yr.I have a black lab that I have had for 8 yrs,I could not have him in projects,Taffy took him in and because I started coming to see him several times a week and brought him food,she took care of hm for 9 months until I moved where I live now and he is happy back with me,not to mention while living in projects,my little dog buddy got out and was hit by car,not having money or knowing what to do I went to Taffys,she immediately called her vet had him took care of,and let me pay her back as i could..........I am fostering 4 puppies mow that came from 1 of her nieghbors,Taoffy paid for all 4 to be neutered,shots,and is personally driving them to new albany,all at her own expence.She gets no donations do to all the bad publicity.Tim had her arrested over the barking dogs,it was put in the paper as bad checks,thrown out of criminal and civil court.
Melissa Bellew

Morristown, TN

#14 Oct 26, 2011
I also was out there the other day,trying to map out the property line to put a electric fence up.The lady behind her came out cussing me and pulling up the stakes I was putting in the ground on TAFFYS property,she called Tim,and the sherif which both came to her house,they left,we kept on finding property line,she came back out tpo show Taffy and I pics of the flags on property line that she took up from taffys property after taffy had land maped out by a professional,yet nothing was said to lady about her traspassing on Taffys property,we even have pic proof
Melissa Bellew

Morristown, TN

#15 Oct 27, 2011
No more comments,surprised.Taffy worked a 12 hour shift at work last night,she is right now with no sleep on a animal transport from newport to new albany a 14 hour 1 way trip with a van full of rescue dogs,how many of us could do thisshe needs donations and some reconization for all that she does
irresponsible

Morristown, TN

#16 Oct 27, 2011
Melissa Bellew wrote:
No more comments,surprised.Taffy worked a 12 hour shift at work last night,she is right now with no sleep on a animal transport from newport to new albany a 14 hour 1 way trip with a van full of rescue dogs,how many of us could do thisshe needs donations and some reconization for all that she does
How irresponsible of her! Sleep deprevation can have similar effects to halucinagens and alcohol. Not only is she trying to make life miserable for her neighbors, but she's risking the lives of safe drivers on the road. I sure hope an innocent family isn't killed by this monster tonight.
NAS Volunteer

United States

#17 Oct 28, 2011
irresponsible wrote:
<quoted text>
How irresponsible of her! Sleep deprevation can have similar effects to halucinagens and alcohol. Not only is she trying to make life miserable for her neighbors, but she's risking the lives of safe drivers on the road. I sure hope an innocent family isn't killed by this monster tonight.
Hey genius, it is obvious you don't do any volunteer work for anything. If you did, you would know her.....I'm sure you don't from this message. She does Volunteer animal & people things.
Also, she would never risk hurting anyone. She has a driver with her. The real world.....does this on long VOLUNTEER transports. They swap out drivers, so the other can rest!!!!
Hello!!! Try putting your butt out there to help others, even if not with animals. The Daily Bread can always use volunteers to help serve, get a team & raise $ for the Relay for Life, ALPS, etc.. Some would rather condem people for what they are doing.... All I can say is "look at what you're not doing to help".
irresponsible

Morristown, TN

#18 Oct 28, 2011
NAS Volunteer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genius, it is obvious you don't do any volunteer work for anything. If you did, you would know her.....I'm sure you don't from this message. She does Volunteer animal & people things.
Also, she would never risk hurting anyone. She has a driver with her. The real world.....does this on long VOLUNTEER transports. They swap out drivers, so the other can rest!!!!
Hello!!! Try putting your butt out there to help others, even if not with animals. The Daily Bread can always use volunteers to help serve, get a team & raise $ for the Relay for Life, ALPS, etc.. Some would rather condem people for what they are doing.... All I can say is "look at what you're not doing to help".
I don't condem her for helping. I condem everything she's doing that hurst others. Driving 14 hours after a 12 hour shift. Driving her neighbors nuts with those barking dogs.

Her driver helper, Nancy Phillips, isn't much better. She would choose to miss her paid job as a county commissioner helping 60,000 taxpayers in order to help "volunteer" to drive a few dogs up north.

THESE are the values your friends hold.
Melissa Bellew

Morristown, TN

#19 Oct 28, 2011
first of all Nancy is not the one driving with her,and you Donna Marrow r the only neighbor,that has nothing better to do then worry about putting your nose into Taffys business.you can keep changing your name on these posts,but they all come from the same IP adress.Morristown board got tired of listening to you,the crimmanal or civil courts r tired of you,and soon so will Tim Goins.We r fixing the rescue up with supporters now and unthanks to your bad mouthing her,Jack Wolfe and I are getting her funding to do so much more with the rescue without worring about you trying to cause her problems.You need to get a man or a life and stop trying to make others as misserable as yourself....Oh I am sending this to Nancy,I am sure she will appriciate yo8ur comment
thinking alike

Morristown, TN

#20 Oct 28, 2011
irresponsible wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cathy Cutshaw Winkles DUI 1 hr Mary 5
Cool Scenic Places In Morristown Tn 1 hr Promise 7
Women Should Not Speak At Church (Jan '11) 2 hr Bad Boy 794
helton drug baby (Sep '16) 3 hr Fu sassy 15
Marva B 4 hr Bill 17
Recticel accident 4 hr Fu sassy 13
scott dave(st.clair/rogersville) is a douchebag 8 hr Taylor 3

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance