just wondering

Jefferson City, TN

#2 Jan 3, 2010
Volfan1 wrote:
Are there any churches in Morristown that use contemporary Christian music in their services instead of the old hymns? Is there one that actually praises and has worship music? I am seriously looking for a church home.
The old hymns actually ARE praise and worhsip music. Contemporary is just a style. Style has nothing to do with worship. You will find quite a few churches in Morristown who do a "mix" of music styles. Hope you find the one that fits you.
the outreachers

Strawberry Plains, TN

#3 Jan 3, 2010
yes there are some of just about any kind of music that you could want to hear at our church. we do do some old hymns, but we also worship the lord too. if you are out today and hear someone singing yes lord yes lord that means they where at morning side baptist this morning. we have choir that does some of both kinds of music but then we also have at least one soloist that does some kind of contemporary song every week. we dont have a band in our church if that is what you are leaning towards then post that and i know of a great one of those here too. we also just started a new sunday school class that goal is to show the world jesus in blue jeans. it is the best class i have ever been in. great freindships and lots of learning about the bible and our lord jesus.please if you are looking for a home give us a try.
just me

Jefferson City, TN

#4 Jan 3, 2010
It isn't in Morristown but just as you are going into Jefferson City, right before the cemetery on the right. True Life Church, we just moved into the new church this week, Praise God, before we were renting a building down the highway. We have contemporary music that you can't help but to praise and worship our glorious, almighty God and that is what we are all about praising God. I live in Russellville and tried to find a church closer to home but God led us to True Life and it is well worth the drive. I invite you to come worship with us, we have two services that you can choose from, Saturday night at 6:30 or Sunday morning at 10:00. I hope you give us a try, I don't think you'll regret it. God Bless!!
StrayTheWizard

Strawberry Plains, TN

#6 Jan 3, 2010
No but,I have heard of a few who use sleeping pills on kids to make them take a nap!!
the outreachers

Strawberry Plains, TN

#8 Jan 3, 2010
Volfan1 wrote:
To outreachers I live just over the hill from there and am wanting to find a church home and sunday school class to get in and grow in. I just moved from Nashville and have been to a few different churches and have not had that home feeling in any of them yet. I will check out the web page for Morningside Thanks.
Our Sunday School class's motto is "Showing the world Jesus in blue jeans". We have two teachers. One is a theologian. They kinda tag-team teach. In the few months since this class was started, I have learned more than I have in all the years of being in church. This class is such a blessing. We meet at 9:30 for fellowship, but class does not start until 9:45. We have a newsletter that is sent out weekly. We also have Facebook page. Not much is on it, but you can link to some of us in the class through this page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/the-outreachers...

Our church is a "come as you are" church. You will come as a visitor once, but after that, you are family! This morning we had 4 baptised and one saved. Our church family is great! Very caring and loving. It may look like a big church on the outside, but inside, it is so filled with the Spirit and doesn't feel that big.
just me

Jefferson City, TN

#9 Jan 3, 2010
Volfan1 wrote:
Thank you Just Me and that sounds right up my alley so to speak, I was a member of a great church in Nashville that did a lot for the community and we had a large Sunday school class that was always doing something in the community. That is what I am looking for along with the music and praise attitude.
We do not have the typical Sunday school thing which is what I was use to growing up, but we do small groups which serves the same purpose so to speak. There are several different small groups that you are invited to try and pick the one that is the best fit for you to fellowship and grow in your relationship with the Lord. The small groups meet every week at the appointed host house, ours meets on Sunday nights, and usually consists of fellowship, dinner, games, bible study and we do community outreach events together. I had only experienced Sunday school before church on Sunday mornings so small group was something I was unsure about, but I quickly adapted to the change and couldn't be happier, the home setting is so relaxed and welcoming and your small group becomes like your family. We do have a website that you can check out www.thetruelifechurch.com It is working, but is being updated so there may be a tab that isn't fully functional but it should be completely finished by the 11th. It will give you general idea now though so I hope you check it out. I hope you give us a try and come to worship with us.
hey

United States

#11 Jan 3, 2010
Get in a church thats got the old time way and power and hold on to it. Its the best thing you could ever have.

Since: Dec 09

Morristown, TN

#12 Jan 4, 2010
Volfan1 wrote:
Are there any churches in Morristown that use contemporary Christian music in their services instead of the old hymns? Is there one that actually praises and has worship music? I am seriously looking for a church home.
Come visit us at Morningside Baptist! If you are looking for a group of people that love the Lord, are welcoming, accepting and know how to worship, you'll find it there! The most gifted group of singers in the choir I've ever been blessed by! The Music Director has the most joyful selections of music, you can tell he LOVES to worship! I love hymns and they are incorporated as well but not the dry, dead way of singing that has taken over. Oh NO! JOYFUL worship! I invite you to come to the Outreachers Sunday School class too! It is such a blessing! Best group of people ever! When we went to Morningside, I saw all these happy smiling faces heading in the same direction so we followed them! Found out why! Excellent discussions, Bible study, fellowship and an open armed environment. We've got people from real diverse backgrounds, from the newly saved to the seasoned believer! I'm not a member of Morningside, YET. I just want to encourage you to come out because I have never gone to a church like this. I'm not from here and it can feel intimidating to be going to church with everybody and their family, feeling like you don't fit in. It's not like that at Morningside. We feel very much part of the family and we're not even "on the rolls" yet! The Outreachers class is in the basement, the last door on the right! We'd love you to join us!!!
Becca

Knoxville, TN

#14 Jan 6, 2010
Gateway Church in morristown behind fred miller park has fabulous worship!
ItIsMe

Nashville, TN

#15 Jan 6, 2010
I, too, attend Morningside, although am not yet a member. I've never found such a loving and welcoming place. They are serious about loving you and loving the Lord. The outreachers class, which I also attend, has been such a blessing to me. Please, come join us on Sunday morning at 9:45! We'd love to have you!

Since: Dec 09

Morristown, TN

#17 Jan 7, 2010
Volfan12 wrote:
<quoted text>I actually went that Sunday nite and greatly enjoyed myself and am thinking if I should ask to join the choir and become a part of the community within the church. I, like alot of people, have a desire to help people that need it and I feel like I can with what I have been through. Thanks for the input.
YAY! I hope we get to meet. Hope you will come back and come to the Outreachers class. We're in the basement, last door on the right! As for the choir, YES you should join! If the Lord blessed you to sing then put it to use!
Mtwn

Morristown, TN

#18 Jan 10, 2010
Arrowhead... meets at Rose Center Sunday mornings . Very contemporary.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Jan 10, 2010
Becca wrote:
Gateway Church in morristown behind fred miller park has fabulous worship!
I enjoy Gateway Church, too, although I don't get to be there often. I come when I can. I know one thing, if something ever happens to me, I want Gateway praying for me....they know how to pray!
nazareth

White Pine, TN

#20 Jan 14, 2010
The power of Christ compells you!!

Since: Jan 09

Athens, TN

#21 Jan 16, 2010
Freedom [email protected] y.com. You may have heard our awesome band at the Christmas parade.Com e dressed as you are ready to hear an awesome service....
faith

United States

#22 Jan 17, 2010
Russellville Church of God may be what your looking for! A great place of worship, contemparaty music, and a band with soul. Very welcoming and alot of opportunities and programs for different age groups.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morristown man convicted of forced sodomy of hi... 14 min Laura 2
snitches in morristown (Oct '15) 29 min Jlh1079 119
democrat-john-mccain 1 hr Mothman 5
1 hr Capitol Hill 3
A message to Wesley Manis 1 hr the calculator 4
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA? Hmmmmmmmmm 2 hr Next level fit 80
Buffalo trail Walmart Neighborhood Market 2 hr Bass 15

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance