Morristown, TN

#1 Jan 24, 2011
how do you find out who got hit WITH ONE?...when is it listed in the paper
FreeAdvice

Manchester, TN

#2 Jan 24, 2011
WONDERT wrote:
how do you find out who got hit WITH ONE?...when is it listed in the paper
You find out when they haul your butt in.
The Rent Is Too Dam High

Morristown, TN

#3 Jan 24, 2011
they will personally let you know.. by knocking on the door
WONDERT

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 24, 2011
good they knock

I am looking and hoping for my x husband to maybe get slapped with an indictment
Sort of

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 25, 2011
An indictment is passed down from the Grand Jury (if they true bill the case) AFTER a preliminary hearing in Sessions court. When one is arrested and/or served with a warrant, a hearing is scheduled in Sessions Court.(Misdemeanors are usually handled in Sessions Court, but sometimes they're not) Anyway, if it's a felony, one can either have the preliminary hearing or have the preliminary hearing waived and bound over to Criminal Court without having the hearing. Then the indictment is done through the Grand Jury, it is not secret, the defendant knows that an indictment may be true billed by the Grand Jury and will be in Criminal Court on the Grand Jury date to find out if their case is true bill or no true bill. If it's true billed, then the case will be set for trial in criminal court. Now, a presentment. A presentment is done "secretly". An officer/agent/deputy will present a case to the Grand Jury, without going through the warrant process and the Sessions Court process. If the Grand Jury hands down a true bill on the presentment, a capias will be issued by the criminal court judge & no one will know (except the prosecutors, clerk and person serving the capias)until the capias is served. In most cases, the prosecuting officer who presented the case to the Grand Jury will get the capias when the clerk has it completed & find the suspect & arrest the suspect when he/she is found. Kind of a complicated/confusing process, but if you work in it you understand it OR if you've ever been charged with anything you learn real quick the process. Luckily, I work in it.:)Hope this info helps!
not right

Manchester, TN

#6 Jan 25, 2011
I think a presentment is messed up!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cop's gone bad #10 1 hr mo town finest 37
subway tip jar (Sep '10) 2 hr lol 127
Does "the truth" really know the truth (May '13) 3 hr junglejim 91
Help white girl pregnate with Mexican (Dec '12) 3 hr Latino woman 34
sally ann frazier 3 hr Lol 5
Why do rebel flags seem to be mostly on cars un... 4 hr Voting For Trump 39
Who is hot at lakeway achievement center (Jan '15) 6 hr Yaboi 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages