First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gunowner

Morristown, TN

#1 Apr 30, 2010
Where can you find a place to shoot around here? Whether it be a range or an open area that you can legally shoot in.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 30, 2010
I believe there MIGHT be a firing range in Bulls Gap. I know there are a couple in the Knoxville area too.
gunowner

Morristown, TN

#3 Apr 30, 2010
Where's the best place to take a concealed permit class?

Location hidden

#4 Apr 30, 2010
WSCC offers a concealed weapons class one Saturday a month. You would probably have to contact the Safety Department there on campus to find out the next date of the next class.
Conservative

AOL

#5 Apr 30, 2010
Currently, there is NO legal place to shoot in Hamblen County, unless you're in the CCW Permit class or have access to shoot at the police range over near Lear.

There was an open range about to open near Bulls Gap, but it was shut down before it could open, by Hamblen County.

Gun ranges are only allowed in Hamblen County if it's a covered gun range.

Currently, it's illegal to shoot a gun or even a bow/arrow on your own land, even in the county.

There's a gun range in west Knoxville.

And you talk to farmers outside of Hamblen County to get permission to shoot on their land.
budnipper

Morristown, TN

#6 Apr 30, 2010
Magnolia in Knoxville. Or that black bar on Buffalo Trail

Location hidden

#7 Apr 30, 2010
I do know of a place in east Hamblen county where the property owner made his own firing range. He excavated the dirt untill he had sufficiently dug into a hillside. There were many times we would hear him firing his various weaponary and machine guns. We would always shoot at my spouse's grandparents farm until some homes were built on the hill above our target area. Is there not a firing range off of Rifle Range Rd. in Knoxville?
FIVE-O

Knoxville, TN

#8 Apr 30, 2010
Conservative wrote:
Currently, there is NO legal place to shoot in Hamblen County, unless you're in the CCW Permit class or have access to shoot at the police range over near Lear.
There was an open range about to open near Bulls Gap, but it was shut down before it could open, by Hamblen County.
Gun ranges are only allowed in Hamblen County if it's a covered gun range.
Currently, it's illegal to shoot a gun or even a bow/arrow on your own land, even in the county.
There's a gun range in west Knoxville.
And you talk to farmers outside of Hamblen County to get permission to shoot on their land.
Anyone can shoot in the county you can`t in the city.
hometown girl

Morristown, TN

#9 Apr 30, 2010
Sevierville has a really nice indoor gun range and they also teach classes.
Funny

Kingsport, TN

#10 Apr 30, 2010
Cumberland ave. Feel free to shoot anything brown.
second ammendment

Morristown, TN

#11 Apr 30, 2010
gunowner wrote:
Where can you find a place to shoot around here? Whether it be a range or an open area that you can legally shoot in.
You can shoot on TVA land unless it's posted. You used to be able to shoot at Circle Park in Bean Station, but some policemen from another county were hiking back there and reported someone was shooting bullets that followed the contour of the ground. Seems as though they claimed the bullets were going up a 20+ foot bank, and following the ground down the other side causing them to fear hiking there. Now we can't shoot there anymore.
Just Saying

Morristown, TN

#12 Apr 30, 2010
Anyone who can't spell amendment has no business owning or shooting a gun.
marv

Morristown, TN

#13 Apr 30, 2010
Magnolia Av in Knoxville
whatever

Strawberry Plains, TN

#14 May 1, 2010
Conservative wrote:
Hamblen County can't shut down anything in Bulls Gap. Bulls Gap is Hawkins County. So if it was shut down it was not by Hamblen County.

I know one legal place - Break into my house with someone at home and we will see legal bullets flying all over the place.
Conservative

AOL

#15 May 1, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hamblen County can't shut down anything in Bulls Gap. Bulls Gap is Hawkins County. So if it was shut down it was not by Hamblen County.
I know one legal place - Break into my house with someone at home and we will see legal bullets flying all over the place.
You're right about Bull's Gap.
The proposed shooting range is just down the road from East Ridge School, on the south side of the road. The hillside was dug out and it's behind a gun store (M & M???)
I was thinking it was in Bull's Gap but apparently it's not.
Conservative

AOL

#16 May 1, 2010
FIVE-O wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone can shoot in the county you can`t in the city.
That's what I was thinking as well but it's my understanding the City Council passed a law last year about prohibiting the shooting of guns and bows/arrows in Hamblen County, even if it's on your own land.
This law was in response to the open air gun range, just down the road from East Ridge School.
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#17 May 1, 2010
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was thinking as well but it's my understanding the City Council passed a law last year about prohibiting the shooting of guns and bows/arrows in Hamblen County, even if it's on your own land.
This law was in response to the open air gun range, just down the road from East Ridge School.
If you can't shoot on your own land, then...IT'S NOT YOUR LAND! It now belonge to the county since they tell you what you can and can't do on it. Vote from the roof tops.
Just Saying

Morristown, TN

#18 May 1, 2010
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
City council gets blamed for a lot of things, don't think this one applies.
lawman

Nashville, TN

#19 May 1, 2010
how about the arizona border :-)
whatever

Sevierville, TN

#20 May 1, 2010
The area your talking about is Whitesburg, which is Hamblen County. Now you know why Melvin Greene is running for county commisioner. To benefit HIS OWN SELF!!! He does not do anything unless it is for his benefit and he will walk all over anybody else to get what he wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth problem in Morristown 17 min Loosing weight 3
lonely girl 17 min Jessica 16
Community Center 24 min Border patrol 2
How do you get rid of fluorescent tubes in Morr... 31 min Dougy 4
County Cops 38 min Kim 4
dirty panties for sale 4 hr shelly 15
Brown, Chandler, and Thacker to leave MoWest 4 hr Unknown 11

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance