who thinks deer hunting should be out...

who thinks deer hunting should be outlawed?

Created by love deers on Nov 13, 2009

215 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

just the bucks

just the does

all hunting

it's stupid

it's fun

it's cruel

they are to pretty to be kille

shoot the hunter

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Buddy Reperton

Strawberry Plains, TN

#1 Nov 13, 2009
What kinda lame crap is this? Aw he11 I don't even want to get started on this poor Bambi crap!

Since: Nov 09

Morristown, TN

#2 Nov 13, 2009
What I do have an issue with is trophy hunters who leave the carcass. Either eat it yourself or give it to someone who will. Killing for the sake of killing is just, well, kinda sick.

We're all part of the food chain, and no, we humans are not necessarily at the top. That's life. We're way too far away from our food sources as it is. How many people who get upset over hunting go pick up a package of nicely cut up and hermetically sealed beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc. at the store and don't want to think that it was originally part of a living, breathing animal?
Yep I did

Morristown, TN

#3 Nov 13, 2009
Buddy Reperton wrote:
What kinda lame crap is this? Aw he11 I don't even want to get started on this poor Bambi crap!
Bambi is delicious!
cola-dreamer

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2009
I agree with Renee. I think if you kill it,please use/eat it or give it to someone who will. I do think,however,that if its outlawed then the streets will be full of deer,that could possible suffer a worse fate.
Hunter

Nashville, TN

#5 Nov 13, 2009
strap some horns on that dog on Renee's post and I'll drive an arrow thru it!! LOL
Mr_ President

Madison, TN

#6 Nov 13, 2009
cola-dreamer wrote:
I agree with Renee. I think if you kill it,please use/eat it or give it to someone who will. I do think,however,that if its outlawed then the streets will be full of deer,that could possible suffer a worse fate.
I agree dreamer. Hit one of those with your car and you will have no love for them anymore.
sad

Morristown, TN

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Without a hunting season, we would be over run with deer...eating crops, shrubs & gardens...not to mention the road hazards.
love to eat deer

United States

#8 Nov 13, 2009
I love deer the best meet there is. They also make good wall decorations.
yep

Madisonville, TN

#10 Nov 14, 2009
sad wrote:
Without a hunting season, we would be over run with deer...eating crops, shrubs & gardens...not to mention the road hazards.
I live out in the country ( Hancock County ) and I kid you not,I have 20 to 30 deer near my house every single night. I kinda used to be against deer killing but the population is out of control now and as you said they are a major road hazard.

“lets get autonomous!”

Since: Jul 08

nottingham

#11 Nov 14, 2009
i dont kill anything i dont eat. tell me i cant feed my family without a trip to the grocery store and i will tell you nothing polite.
Awwwww

Ooltewah, TN

#12 Nov 14, 2009
Renee750il wrote:
What I do have an issue with is ...
Look at the poor doggy in the picture.

We're all such meanies. See how the dog's looking at you?

Don't you just feel bad for breathing?

Yeah, that's right. The animals are not only the Same as us (we're all just equal parts of the food chain)...hey, they're BETTER than us.

Since: Nov 09

Morristown, TN

#13 Nov 14, 2009
Awwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the poor doggy in the picture.
We're all such meanies. See how the dog's looking at you?
Don't you just feel bad for breathing?
Yeah, that's right. The animals are not only the Same as us (we're all just equal parts of the food chain)...hey, they're BETTER than us.
LOL ... thanks. That "poor doggy" attacked a hot cattle fence when she was three months old - I had to pull her away to get her to quit biting it back (that's when I knew I had a REAL dog), caught and killed -- and ate -- her first groundhog when she was 5 1/2 months old, disarmed a grown man when she was not quite 8 months old, and put out my back bedroom window when I had a prowler in my back yard. I am perfectly safe out walking her in the wee hours of the morning. We've only been accosted twice, and both times the guy who thought he had an easy mark literally had to go home and change his underwear. She can stand and advance on her hind legs like a grizzly. And she's sneaky, but what would you expect from a line of dogs bred for hundreds of years to herd wild cattle and hunt jaguar?

She's also a complete sweetheart.
cola-dreamer

United States

#14 Nov 14, 2009
Renee-what kind of dog do you have? I can't see pics from my phone,I'm guessing a bully of some sort?

Since: Nov 09

Morristown, TN

#15 Nov 14, 2009
cola-dreamer wrote:
Renee-what kind of dog do you have? I can't see pics from my phone,I'm guessing a bully of some sort?
My girl in the photo, Kharma, is a Fila Brasileiro. I do also have a little blue brindle APBT bitch (rescue) as well as a rescued GSD/wolf/Aussie male.
just wondering

White Pine, TN

#16 Nov 15, 2009
Awwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the poor doggy in the picture.
We're all such meanies. See how the dog's looking at you?
Don't you just feel bad for breathing?
Yeah, that's right. The animals are not only the Same as us (we're all just equal parts of the food chain)...hey, they're BETTER than us.
If you want to equate yourself with a dog, please feel free. By the way are you male or female so we will know exactly how to "address" you? I'll have to disagree......WE-humans and animals are NOT the same. No wonder our civilization is in the mess it's in.........there are people who think they are animals and act like animals. God created MAN to rule over His creation, and He didn't accord animals that same right. If I bring you some "doggie treats" will you do tricks for us?
twd

AOL

#17 Nov 15, 2009
sad wrote:
Without a hunting season, we would be over run with deer...eating crops, shrubs & gardens...not to mention the road hazards.
You forgot to mention, in areas where there's not enough food and no hunting allowed, the deer starve.

Is this nature's way? No but the deer herds would be hunted by wolves.

Imo, while I don't hunt, we should have deer hunting seasons. The deer are in no danger of extinction.

Since: Jul 09

Thorn Hill, TN

#18 Nov 15, 2009
Don't forget about PETA,
Or as I like to call it, People Eating Tasty Animals.
cola-dreamer

United States

#19 Nov 15, 2009
Renee750il wrote:
<quoted text>
My girl in the photo, Kharma, is a Fila Brasileiro. I do also have a little blue brindle APBT bitch (rescue) as well as a rescued GSD/wolf/Aussie male.
I will have to look that up,does she like an african mastiff??

My husband just got a new puppy after he lost his best friend a GSD mix,her mama is 100% timber wolf and her daddy was a beautiful GSD. She is all black with silver feet. Her ears are starting to stand up! We got her @ 4 weeks and she howls all the time! I've been doing a lot of research on the wolf/dogs and I keep reading how smart they are. Can you tell me a little about yours?? She is soo sweet but already has seperation anxiety.
Buddy Reperton

Kodak, TN

#20 Nov 15, 2009
cola-dreamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have to look that up,does she like an african mastiff??
My husband just got a new puppy after he lost his best friend a GSD mix,her mama is 100% timber wolf and her daddy was a beautiful GSD. She is all black with silver feet. Her ears are starting to stand up! We got her @ 4 weeks and she howls all the time! I've been doing a lot of research on the wolf/dogs and I keep reading how smart they are. Can you tell me a little about yours?? She is soo sweet but already has seperation anxiety.
You want a smart dog get a blue heeler, they're awesome! Check out Skid Boot on you tube. They're my favorite breed, tough as nails, smart as a tack and as mean as need be.
Mark Rice

Morristown, TN

#21 Nov 15, 2009
I prefer the term harvesting to hunting. I usually take does because I prefer the meat from the does and the harvesting regulations tend to encourage this. I have had 2 full sized pickup trucks pretty much ruined in deer collisions and have saw as many as 39 deer at a time standing in my vegetable garden eating my food. I dont agree with trophy hunting but it probably saves a lot losses. Myself I'm not a trophy hunter but I will take a fat deer when I can to eat. I think of of it as participating in nature. We are a part of the natural world wheather we think so or not. I despise cruelty but understand we are omnivores and we are supposed to eat some meat. When someone complains abot the taking of animals for food look at their feet and see if they wear leather shoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know about Aspen Dental? (Feb '11) 2 hr Max 77
The old man who use to ride and push the bike a... 2 hr unknown 7
Low cut tops 4 hr pass 6
Aleshia and Robert 5 hr Kate 4
forgive a cheater? (Nov '10) 6 hr I know 47
Mexican Dating <3 (Oct '11) 6 hr Lady 6
Im a unhappy Black Man 6 hr Love 10

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages