Morristown School Crossing Guards

Morristown School Crossing Guards

Posted in the Morristown Forum

Bethany

Morristown, TN

#1 Dec 17, 2011
Who are the new crossing guards this year? The one at Lincoln Heights Middle School seems to be extremely professsional and kind to all. Does anyone know how she started out because she seems to have been in the marines or some type of training.
Inspector Gadget

Kingsport, TN

#2 Oct 4, 2012
I was traveling through Russellvile the other day and came through the one school zone that is past Three Springs Road on the left heading East.The lights were flashing and the posted limit through there is 20 m.p.h. when the lights are flashing.I always slow my vehicle to EXACTLY 20 miles per hour when I go through there.As I approached and passed the crossing guard he didn't motion me to slow down or stop or anything.As I passed slowly by, he hollered "slow down" as I passed by.I hollered back, I'm doing the posted school zone limit papaw."
Father of 5

Morristown, TN

#3 Oct 4, 2012
I do the speed limit also when going through and the lady at lincoln is always waving me to slow down. If they want you to go slower then 15 mph then they need to lower the speed limit.
meee2

Jefferson City, TN

#4 Oct 4, 2012
The one at Witt is a joke! How many times does she run to and from her vehicle a day?
myself

Johnson City, TN

#5 Oct 4, 2012
And they stand in the middle of the road like they own it? Like ya'll say...should post a slower speed limit!!
bow

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Oct 4, 2012
the one on cherokee dr blows his whistle and waves u to go faster and then when u do he blows it again id like to shove it up his ass. he sends to cars at the sametime. lol they need a new one
Agree

Shelby, NC

#7 Oct 25, 2012
What do these guards get paid?
cmon maaannn

Knoxville, TN

#8 Oct 25, 2012
bow wrote:
the one on cherokee dr blows his whistle and waves u to go faster and then when u do he blows it again id like to shove it up his ass. he sends to cars at the sametime. lol they need a new one
he's a good one. Leave him alone!!
no

Morristown, TN

#9 Oct 26, 2012
The one at Lincoln middle is awful she makes you wait way to long to go into the school. We waited 8 minutes one morning and my daughter was almost late for school. Now I drop her across the street!
David

Sweetwater, TN

#10 Oct 28, 2012
Bethany wrote:
Who are the new crossing guards this year? The one at Lincoln Heights Middle School seems to be extremely professsional and kind to all. Does anyone know how she started out because she seems to have been in the marines or some type of training.
she is very nice lady she was on the force for many yrs
YUCK

Albemarle, NC

#11 Oct 28, 2012
The lady crossing guard at Fairview is annoying and seems to be quite confused. I'm sure it gets hectic, and I don't claim that I would do better, I wouldn't want that job! But, her signals are very unclear. I have personally witnessed three close calls so far this school year. She signals one car to proceed to turn, and another car to enter the road at the same time, turning in to the pathway of the turning car. Each time, same scenario. Thankfully, the drivers seem to be paying more attention than she is, thus avoiding potential crashes. Lastly, I have heard her scream "NO" at drivers when she has directed them to turn, as if she didn't know she had signaled them to do so. She IS getting better, most of these instances were within the first four weeks of the school year. Lord willing, she will continue to improve. Does anyone know if there are any training requirements for this job? I'm curious now.
crazy

Morristown, TN

#12 Oct 28, 2012
The lady at Witt is great. Not only does she gave the traffic at Witt but she runs to the other intersection when cars get backed up on that side. Double Duty......
And very nice
just saying

Morristown, TN

#13 Nov 3, 2012
no one has ever waited for 8 minutes, your full of it and cant tell time either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel Flag Or Rainbow Flag 24 min Open Minded 1
Donald Trump Has My Vote 27 min Open Minded 60
Lesbian Couple Kicked out of 1st Baptist 35 min Open Minded 258
dish vs cable Internet 1 hr Facts 4
Morristown Cops Illegal Aliens 1 hr Open Minded 9
The home wreckers at howmet 5 hr Same ole 27
Charles Greene 6 hr teddy 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages