curious

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Does anyone in morristown have morgellons?You would think you have the scabies or bedbugs that u can't get rid of.Then you see small black specks under your skin,then the small splinters that look like eyelashes come out of your skin,then things that look like cotton that are different colors at times.

Since: Nov 09

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

I don't know anyone here, but I have a good friend in MO who has it. In her case it seems to be connected with Lyme disease somehow. She's found several forums online that have helped her a great deal.
curious

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Who diagnosed morgellons?

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

No one actually diagnosed it. Finding a doc who will admit it exists is rare. You kind of have to figure it out for yourself, then search until you find a doctor who will at least try to treat the underlying symptoms.

The CDC is just now admitting it *might* exist.
curious

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

What is your friend doing for her problem,does she think she is contagious?

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

She's been following a series of hard core Lyme protocols for the last couple of years, heavy dosages of antibiotics, vitamins, whatever the doctor tells her, but the health care industry told her she was just an hysterical woman for nearly 8 years before doing anything, even when she opened the sores on her skin and pulled the fibers out right in front of them. Even when they found out it took an outrageous amount of heat to destroy the fibers and that they were of no known organic molecular structure.
Enoch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Wow
Gasman

Friendsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

maybe she is the "FLY"
curious

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

I wouldn't laugh too much gasman.This is spreading fast.I think I would be trying to learn about this horrible thing,it just could hit home.I went to visit family and came back with these symptoms.My mother already had them.We were thinking she had gotton on drugs for a while .Now I know why her speach is slurred and she staggers when she walks.It is the scariest thing I have ever experianced.I thank god for computers.
curious

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Are these things helping your friend?
Danser

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Morgellons Disease; Real and Spreading Rapidly
Morgellons is a systemic disease that has not yet gained widespread acceptance in the medical community, yet it actually exists just as AID/HIV existed 30 years ago before Medical science recognized it. It is similar to scabies, which is a contagious skin disease in which parasites burrow under the skin and lay eggs. These parasites belong to the arachnid family. Symptoms vary from one patient to another. Others, such as skin lesions and a “crawling sensation” in the skin are consistent. Areas of the body where the disease seems to be most severe are on the hands, behind the knees and arms, on the chest and back. Other common physical symptoms are rashes and pain that is similar to fibromyalgia. Severe depression often leading to suicide is all too common. The Morgellons Research Foundation located at Oklahoma State University, has identified 93 symptoms common to Morgellons sufferers. A complete list of these symptoms can be viewed here: http://www.morgellons.org/symptoms.htm along with a complete case definition: http://www.morgellons.org/case_definition.htm
When seeking medical help, Morgellons sufferers are nearly always diagnosed with Delusions of Parasitosis (DOP). Currently, there is no known test for Morgellons disease so patients are always told "it is all in your head" and are prescribed physo-tropic drugs and occasionally antibiotics. Neither provide any relief whatsoever from these horrible symptoms . The patient's family often believe the doctor and withdraw their support. Morgellons patients begin to feel hopeless and continue their descent into severe depression.
Many patients have reported trouble concentrating while constantly experience fatigue. When affected areas are viewed under a microscope, many Morgellons patients have clusters of multi-colored fibers beneath the unbroken skin. These fibers may or may not be visible with the naked eye. The fibers have been tested in several labs. They will not burn until they reach 1,400 degrees Fahrenheit and are covered in some sort of high-density polyurethane. A recent study has found microscopic parasites in some patients. This parasite is known to feed on algae, bacteria and decaying organic materials. They thrive in wet or damp surroundings. Unfortunately, there is no meaningful research being conducted since the Morgellons population, while increasing daily is still statistically insignificant.
The results are inconclusive as to the cause of Morgellons Disease. Medical doctors generally treat the condition by prescribing antibiotics, antifungals or herbal supplements. These methods are considered treatments rather than cures, as the symptoms return when discontinued. Colloidal silver has been marketed as an alternative medicine for this condition as well as many others, from fibromyalgia to E. coli. From a medical standpoint, there is no proven effectiveness for this treatment. Until now, that is.
Regardless of official reports, many Morgellons sufferers have found relief when NutraSilver is used. They state that the lesions begin to heal after a week, with the sores dissipating completely within three weeks. The severe cognitive issues generally resolve in about two weeks. The bouts of stinging and biting sensations that plague sufferers are reduced or disappear altogether. The most severe symptoms are debilitating and in many sufferers, their quality of life is reduced. When taken as suggested, these fortunate Morgellons sufferers actually get their lives back; their energy returns, their brain-fog reduces and they begin to feel like themselves again. For more information on NutraSilver, visit the web site at www.nutrasilver.com .
Sunny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

I live just of outside Memphis, Tn. I have had Morgellons since 2001-02. It is a nightmare & a very real disease. I am one of the many RNs with this & volunteer with the Charles E. Holman Foundation ( thenmo.org ). You are welcome to write me at sunnyand7777@yahoo.com. I am always available to help.

Gwen "Sunny" Simmons, RN

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

curious wrote:
Are these things helping your friend?
She's still alive ...
MSALLE

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Curious , you may join other people afflicted with this at Morgellonssanctum.org , we need to share info with each other

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Renee750il wrote:
She's been following a series of hard core Lyme protocols for the last couple of years, heavy dosages of antibiotics, vitamins, whatever the doctor tells her, but the health care industry told her she was just an hysterical woman for nearly 8 years before doing anything, even when she opened the sores on her skin and pulled the fibers out right in front of them. Even when they found out it took an outrageous amount of heat to destroy the fibers and that they were of no known organic molecular structure.
The fibers are composed of Keratin, and the same kind of fibers have been found in cattle.This was from an article from the Journal of Clinical Dermatology.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/press-re...
But Google it, you'll find all kinds of nuts talking about the keratin connection. Don't spread information like they are of no known organic structure, everything on the earth is organic, or its man-made and can be identified.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Morristown Forum right now

Search the Morristown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal Shelter (Oct '11) 4 min Dog Lover 56
What big woman would you be with if you had the... 31 min lovinevrym1nute 43
who knows Josh Gilliam 34 min WHAT 5
Meat Curtains (Apr '12) 37 min lovinevrym1nute 77
who's doing who at pricless morristown? 1 hr Elegant 1
Looking for Kin folk 1 hr Danny Johnson 1
White Trash 1 hr believer 7
Little girls ipad stolen from Cracker Barrel 6 hr lol 28
•••