#1 Dec 31, 2010
Next door

United States

#2 Dec 31, 2010
Everyone needs to read this.
Lindasux

Morristown, TN

#3 Dec 31, 2010
Great job David..Glad to see he got the job. Linda is a trouble maker and low life that has nothing better to do than try and down people.
what

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2010
Let's see...David Purkey passed a background check for the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Army National Guard, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Morristown Police Department and survived a vetting by a popular governor-elect who won the primary and general elections in a landslide?

But he can't pass Linda Noe's scrutiny. What does that tell you?

She gives free pass to Teddy Ray Mitchell, a KKK member who was dishonorably discharged from the armed forces. Another one of her former associates is a covicted felon who runs a pawn shop.

What she also doesn't mention that she was campaign manager for the dolt, Hickman Ridley, that was running against Purkey for county mayor.

What?

And then she uses Gene Brooks as her toady on city council, a dimwit who doesn't know his butt from apple butter, and David Purkey is the problem?

get the edge

Clover, SC

#5 Dec 31, 2010
"What" hit the nail on the head. Congrats on your new job David.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Dec 31, 2010
Linda Noe has cost the county a LOT of money in the past years on her quest for her own justice.
She has cost a lot of tax dollars as she has requested this attorney general opinion and that and what did they ever come up with? Nada.

Congrats to David on a well-deserved position. David, in my opinion, is an honorable man. Too bad the county lost him, but at least the state gained a good guy!
watching

Jefferson City, TN

#7 Dec 31, 2010
Linda noise has done nothing but cost this county money. the one who sings loud is the true rip off!
Linda just shut the hell up!
Lindasux

Morristown, TN

#8 Dec 31, 2010
If you read this it is filled with WHY? WHY? WHY?..shouldnt it read CRY CRY CRY because that is what she is doing..In that little letter it also blames most of morristown for his "mistakes" as she calles it..get a life linda and stop blaming eveyone else because you are to sorry to get anything done..
bjt

Morristown, TN

#9 Dec 31, 2010
Suck ups all of you and yes David Purkey has worked his way up and is probably the best most qualified person Haslam has chosen thus far, but had he been of a different political party it wouldn't have happened.....

Half of you who post on the political forums don't have a clue as to what the beef most people have with Linda is or why she probably became involved in the political system and you are just spewing second-hand garbage.

She did make it tough on the County government officials and made some elected commissioners uncomfortable but she also brought attention to some practices which benefited the taxpayers.

Some of you I'm sure are the same ones who made fun of the late Guy Collins, but were the first ones to buddy up to him and send condolences to his family. A fickle bunch we are.

Strong women are to be feared, so as Sara Palin says "man up", because I doubt she has tossed in the towel yet.

Congratulations and best wishes to the Purkeys, better hope Noe doesn't find out how much your budget is in your new job. lol
watching

Jefferson City, TN

#10 Dec 31, 2010
loud isnt strong
taxpayer

Morristown, TN

#11 Dec 31, 2010
Old Dave know what his was up too good man him and his good buddy eric c.
Lindasux more

United States

#12 Dec 31, 2010
More info on Linda Noe's motivations in this case.
Noe goes to to the man who operates that Mexican newspaper and "volunteers" to help him by writing stories. Her first offering is a longer version of the blog attacking David Purkey.
Most articles in that newspaper appear in two languages - not Noe's, she's got a plan.
She forwards the article that she wrote as "proof" that David Purkey is a bad man to every member of the Bill Haslam transition team in an effort to hurt his chances of getting a job in the Haslam administration.
Noe has been complaining for years about how David Purkey doesn't like her and treats her badly, and she wonders why?
The trick she pulled with the Mexican magazine is interesting, because it's basically she's using to attack the downtown building project and the city in general.
She goes to Gene Brooks and tells him she wants to "help" him understand his job. Gene has a fine restaurant, but he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.
She uses Brooks and Brooks' father in law, who is even a bigger idiot, to advance her agenda. She writes a long, complicated letter attacking David and Tim Wild.
Brook, who can't string to sentences together without butchering the English language, signs the letter and Noe sends it to state and federal highway officials.
Brooks is too much of a stooge to realize he's getting played.
Sound familiar?
What Noe doesn't say is that she has been pissed off at the Wilds for 25 years since they beat her father for a construction contract at East High.
Get the edge

Columbia, SC

#13 Dec 31, 2010
Lindasux more wrote:
?.....
What Noe doesn't say is that she has been pissed off at the Wilds for 25 years since they beat her father for a construction contract at East High.
Right there is the root of this issue. That is EXACTLY what her beef is with the county. But, like it was said before, she is costing the city/county thousands in these bogus lawsuits/etc trying to get her revenge.

She is a complete tool/hack and needs to drop this personal issue with Mr. Purkey
shocked

United States

#14 Dec 31, 2010
get the edge wrote:
"What" hit the nail on the head. Congrats on your new job David.
Leave Britney and Linda alone!
Tnvolfan

Morristown, TN

#15 Dec 31, 2010
I have had the privilage of knowing David Purkey for a good long while. He is one of the most honest trustworthy individuals I have ever known and I congratulate him on his appointment to Governor Haslam's Administration. The governor elect could not have picked a better person for this position if he had tried. Now for my comment on Linda Noe. Given enough time she will find something wrong with Mickey Mouse; one of the most cherished cartoon characters in history.And as Forest Gump would say about now "That' all I'll say about that".

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Dec 31, 2010
Tnvolfan wrote:
I have had the privilage of knowing David Purkey for a good long while. He is one of the most honest trustworthy individuals I have ever known and I congratulate him on his appointment to Governor Haslam's Administration. The governor elect could not have picked a better person for this position if he had tried. Now for my comment on Linda Noe. Given enough time she will find something wrong with Mickey Mouse; one of the most cherished cartoon characters in history.And as Forest Gump would say about now "That' all I'll say about that".
Exactly right!
political

Morristown, TN

#17 Dec 31, 2010
I was at that anti illegal immigration rally.Purkey should be in jail for what he did that day.The proper permits was received for the event.5 minutes before the rally started the power was cut to P.A. system and a THP copter hovered low to drown out the speakers which is known tactic to disperse riots.Tens of thousands of dollars was spent that day in order to violate the Constitutional rights of Hamblen county citizens.

I'm not sure why they needed THP helicopter,APC,SWAT and approximately 80 cops to harass some citizens who wanted our laws obeyed.
Purkey was the ringleader of this because Bredesan was in town and wanted a show of force. Pics below.

http://lindanoe.blogspot.com/2006/07/july-4-2...

cop

United States

#18 Jan 1, 2011
political wrote:
I was at that anti illegal immigration rally.Purkey should be in jail for what he did that day.The proper permits was received for the event.5 minutes before the rally started the power was cut to P.A. system and a THP copter hovered low to drown out the speakers which is known tactic to disperse riots.Tens of thousands of dollars was spent that day in order to violate the Constitutional rights of Hamblen county citizens.
I'm not sure why they needed THP helicopter,APC,SWAT and approximately 80 cops to harass some citizens who wanted our laws obeyed.
Purkey was the ringleader of this because Bredesan was in town and wanted a show of force. Pics below.
The reason that all the officers were at the meeting is because Aryan Nation and KKK members were at the first rally. They were also there at the second rally. The man who was arrested, Teddy Mitchell, the man who called Andre Kyle a "n---er", is a Klan member. No doubt about that.
voter

United States

#19 Jan 1, 2011
Linda Noe vs. David Purkey? What a joke!
political

Morristown, TN

#20 Jan 1, 2011
cop wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason that all the officers were at the meeting is because Aryan Nation and KKK members were at the first rally. They were also there at the second rally. The man who was arrested, Teddy Mitchell, the man who called Andre Kyle a "n---er", is a Klan member. No doubt about that.
Wrong.The kkk members was at a pro illegal rally not a minute men rally. At the pro illegal there was 2 guys who might have been kkk. I don't think we needed that big a show of force for 2 guys.

What Teddy Ray Mitchell said was definately wrong but I'd say veteran should be allowed to carry a US flag on to courthouse lawn.
He was also a little pissed that every handicap parking spot was filled by police cruicers and amoured personel carrier looking vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing someone to set up a go fund me account ... 1 hr NREID 10
He's mine 2 hr shh its me 37
Anthony Davis / Could Day Care be a cover for D... 3 hr Big AL 27
What do you think of Officer Tonya Denton? (Apr '09) 4 hr sub guy in Motown 49
Pam Nichols Broke???? (Oct '13) 5 hr Judgement 9
Rent an apartment or buy a mobile home? (Aug '11) 9 hr 16x80 owner 2 19
Murder (Feb '15) 10 hr Gyzmo 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages