how much was your light bill this mon...

how much was your light bill this month ???

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
micha in morristown

Cookeville, TN

#1 Dec 27, 2008
Our went up about 90.00 . I almost had a heart attack.It was 320.00.
L Baby

Panama City, FL

#2 Dec 27, 2008
went up 70 bucks!!
Just sayin

Morristown, TN

#3 Dec 27, 2008
Up 123.00 dollars from last month, I am going to ask the gov. for a elec. bill bail out.
MUS

Morristown, TN

#4 Dec 27, 2008
mine went up 90 bucks. We can change the prices without warning.
I am MUS Man

“Just My Opinion”

Since: Oct 08

Morristown

#5 Dec 27, 2008
Mine went up about $45 but I have told my children to always make sure the lights are out in any room they are not in and we sit and watch TV in the dark a lot.
JunioR

Jasper, TX

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Mine went up $205! It's a 100% increase over last month's bill. We have Holston Electric.
Fliora

Morristown, TN

#7 Dec 27, 2008
Mine went up 98 dollars. I tell my kids to sit in the dark at all times and never open the door to anyone unless they are Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons.
Why did the prices go up so much?

“What the ??”

Since: Oct 08

Hermitage, TN

#8 Dec 27, 2008
Fliora wrote:
Mine went up 98 dollars. I tell my kids to sit in the dark at all times and never open the door to anyone unless they are Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons.
Why did the prices go up so much?
Because they can, and there isn't anything we can do about it except cry. I went down there and told them I couldn't pay it, and they don't care!!! They even gave me the date that they will disconnect my electricity! I Better make sure the kids take a bath the night before and enjoy the hot water....
micha in morristown

Cookeville, TN

#9 Dec 27, 2008
BetaMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they can, and there isn't anything we can do about it except cry. I went down there and told them I couldn't pay it, and they don't care!!! They even gave me the date that they will disconnect my electricity! I Better make sure the kids take a bath the night before and enjoy the hot water....
Amen Sister!!!!!
Jenny

Strawberry Plains, TN

#10 Dec 27, 2008
Ours went up about 70.00 and we live in a moderate size house...we always turn lights off, even unplug t.v.s and computers when not in use for a long amount of time. I'm stressing about next month's bill.
dont worry

Macon, GA

#11 Dec 27, 2008
our bills run,pretty much the same,except our gas bill,it gets crazy,Icook with it & heat by it,but Ifigured,I"M not going to stress myself out,if Icant afford to pay it they can shut it off,&I will figure out a different option,these companys just rob peter to pay paul!!!
tallman

Panama City, FL

#12 Dec 27, 2008
...mine went DOWN $108.00!!! no joke!

unplugged everything...and i mean everything except for the stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer and freezer. there were at time 7 or more items in plugs, pulling 'juice' in one room alone...now we only plug in when needed and unplug when finished - lamps, can opener, microwave, tv, dvd player, pencil sharpener, etc...it actually worked!
Wow

Knoxville, TN

#13 Dec 27, 2008
Mine went from $152.00 last month to $235.00 this month. We are Morristown Utilities. Dread next months bill. It's just my husband and me in a very small 2 bed-room house with a kitchen, living area, utility room and the bathroom. We have blocked the heat from one bedroom and the utility room and put plastic on the windows and weathered proofed everything and it didn't help.
Motown Citizen

Weatherford, TX

#14 Dec 27, 2008
Mine went up about $120. Anyone know why?
MrsCJ

Morristown, TN

#15 Dec 28, 2008
Mine was 274.00 this month. My home is just under 1000 square feet...HOWS THAT POSSIBLE?? Its double what it was three years ago. They actually dont care to cut it off if you cant afford it. Its unbelievable really...never been that high except for a water issue we had in august. Chaps my u know what really...
disgusted by it all

Knoxville, TN

#16 Dec 28, 2008
My light bill actually went up by 196.42 from last month. My husband has been sick and we haven't had much income coming in lately, and he has always worked, and for so many year we have always donated $5.00 over for the needy. This month I am afraid that we are one of the needy. Went to the light company, they told me that money is filtered down to Central Services. Went there, NO LUCK. They had no funds. I tried to explain the situation and how we had mad a donation every month for many years to help others, it didn't matter. I felt like I was a piece of trash when they got through talking to me and the truth is, we have never asked for help before. The hispanic man behind me in line got the help he asked for. I just don't understand and I will never donate another dime through my light company nor will I ever donate another dime for the hope fund at central services and now when my husband goes back to work, he will cancel his united fund donation. I am digusted with the system here in Morristown. You would think people would want to help take care of their own instead of a foreign deadbeat.
stressed

Morristown, TN

#17 Dec 28, 2008
392.33 and i got layed off too ! have 2 kids no help no where ????

“Reflecting”

Since: Dec 08

Morristown

#18 Dec 28, 2008
It sure sounds like the electricity rates have increase dramatically. What is the stated increase per kilowatt hour? These numbers are just stunning. My electric bill is much less in the winter than the summer, but I can't stand to be hot. I keep the thermostat in the mid 60s year round, even cooler sometimes. As a result my electric bill in the winter is about 1/3 of the summer bill.

Does MUS have an averaged monthly pricing plan? That is something that helps out a lot if one season is significantly more. If you start it now you may have an easier time paying the bill this winter.

“Reflecting”

Since: Dec 08

Morristown

#19 Dec 28, 2008
disgusted by it all wrote:
My light bill actually went up by 196.42 from last month. My husband has been sick and we haven't had much income coming in lately, and he has always worked, and for so many year we have always donated $5.00 over for the needy. This month I am afraid that we are one of the needy. Went to the light company, they told me that money is filtered down to Central Services. Went there, NO LUCK. They had no funds. I tried to explain the situation and how we had mad a donation every month for many years to help others, it didn't matter. I felt like I was a piece of trash when they got through talking to me and the truth is, we have never asked for help before. The hispanic man behind me in line got the help he asked for. I just don't understand and I will never donate another dime through my light company nor will I ever donate another dime for the hope fund at central services and now when my husband goes back to work, he will cancel his united fund donation. I am digusted with the system here in Morristown. You would think people would want to help take care of their own instead of a foreign deadbeat.
Send me an email at [email protected]
mine too

Strawberry Plains, TN

#20 Dec 28, 2008
Mine went up a little less than $95.00

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the Best Pentecostal Preacher in Morristown (May '13) 1 hr Truth 10
snitches in morristown 1 hr jill ivy 1
B better be on the watch for BH to take her man 2 hr Brandy 7
Jesse Howerton 4 hr Hecrazy 2
Lakeway 4 hr ImmaBe 4
New Roses Store in Sevierville 4 hr ImmaBe 18
I Have a iPhone 5 hr ImmaBe 8

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance