Home buyer

Morristown, TN

#21 Feb 17, 2009
kelly wrote:
Most of the people that work for Tim Carlyle are either drunks or drug addicts. We had four different brick masons working on our house, because as soon as he paid them for the week they would not come back. Everything is half-assed done. He is a joke and has a terrible reputation in Morristown.
Wow! Thanks for the info. That is good to know.
happymother

Sevierville, TN

#22 Feb 17, 2009
Jeff Wilder does very good work.
kelly

Morristown, TN

#23 Feb 17, 2009
happymother wrote:
Jeff Wilder does very good work.
I agree he is a good builder and a honest man.
vizio

Morristown, TN

#24 Feb 17, 2009
Larry Reneau is fantastic
Whitesburgian

Morristown, TN

#25 Feb 17, 2009
Home buyer wrote:
Thanks for the leads. I was looking at Stone Builders.net website and saw that thier homes looked nice. Has anyone dealt with them??
Some friends of ours bought a house built by stone builders, They had several minor problems , the biggest problem was trying to get him to fix something he never did repair the repaires he let the year run out and left them high and dry . Bill Hicks builds a great house old style builder still frames with hammer and nails not nail guns which is smaller nails and dont hold as well
Whitesburgian

Morristown, TN

#26 Feb 17, 2009
Home buyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Thanks for the info. That is good to know.
Another one of Tim Carlyles houses burnt down in Eagles Ridge last, Results just in falty wireing huh.
Home buyer

Morristown, TN

#27 Feb 17, 2009
Thanks everyone for the tips. I did drive out today and look at the two neighborhoods by Stone Builders and I have to say I was impressed. The houses were beautiful! Where are some of the other builders neighborhoods? I would like to go see thier work too.
hotrod

United States

#28 Feb 17, 2009
david s moore is a great builder
past customer

Jefferson City, TN

#29 Feb 17, 2009
Check out the houses in Cambridge by Chris Myers. We bought our home from him several years ago and our opinion is he builds one of the best houses in east Tennessee. The trim work he does is unbelievable, way above average for the area.

I think he has a new subdivision started in the Spencer Hale rd area.
sammy

Morristown, TN

#30 Feb 17, 2009
Scott Kinsler Construction jeff city great buider!

“What does this button do?”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#31 Feb 17, 2009
Chris Myers builds a home that he himself would live in. Particular attention to detail, and fit and trim. Just one minus...the contractor that runs cable for TV, leaves a lot to be desired.
Sub Contractor

Nashville, TN

#32 Feb 17, 2009
Home buyer wrote:
Thanks everyone for the tips. I did drive out today and look at the two neighborhoods by Stone Builders and I have to say I was impressed. The houses were beautiful! Where are some of the other builders neighborhoods? I would like to go see thier work too.
Dean Brewer built the first house on the left when you turn into Withering Heights he is building one in East Hampton now. Rusty did build the big house on Kidwells Ridge Rd and Dr. Gibson's house. Rick Roberts built in West Hampton & and Sprigvale rd. You can't go wrong with these three.
Miss Sunshine

Morristown, TN

#33 Feb 17, 2009
A friend of mine's house was built by Chris Myers. It is a beautiful house and he did a great job. He must have a problem with who does his wiring, though. Whoever did the electrical wiring in hers has alot of outlets/appliances hooked to the same breaker, and any and everything trips them.
Former Employee

Morristown, TN

#34 Feb 17, 2009
Bob Tillman builds a nice house. He has built several in Hampton West, Stonehenge, Wellington Place and the new subdivision off of 160 down Mays Rd.
tallman

Panama City, FL

#35 Feb 18, 2009
um rogers and mark that built our home is mostly on the west end but builds custom homes anywhere...some of his subdivisions are brookfield & center point, eagle glen, etc...

***note of caution - before you select anyone...better check to see if they actually have a contractor's license...several on here listed do not and a couple are in forclosure and bankruptcy...or so the newspaper says anyway...we chose rogers because of his track record, experience, and honesty...great guy...and he financed us too...
Home buyer

Morristown, TN

#36 Feb 18, 2009
Thanks everyone for all of the tips and information. I will go drive thru the neighborhoods you told me about and look at the different houses.
Amused

Bean Station, TN

#37 Feb 18, 2009
kelly wrote:
Just stay away from Tim Carlyle
judgemental much? tsk tsk, jealousy is the root of all evil:(
Own one

Morristown, TN

#38 Feb 18, 2009
Former Employee wrote:
Bob Tillman builds a nice house. He has built several in Hampton West, Stonehenge, Wellington Place and the new subdivision off of 160 down Mays Rd.
I have lived in a house Bob Tillman built for about 11 yrs now. It is a piece of crap. The plumbing sucks and cracks in the ceiling. He used crappy materials to build it and you can tell.I do not recomend him.

Since: Feb 08

Nashville, TN

#39 Feb 18, 2009
Home buyer wrote:
Thanks everyone for all of the tips and information. I will go drive thru the neighborhoods you told me about and look at the different houses.
There's a lot of good builders out there and there's some bad ones also. A lot depends on what price range house you're going to build. Some builders specialize in upper end stuff, some will do any price range and can, others build more of a lower price range home.
For instance, even thou he's one of the best builders in town, I don't think you could get Rusty Long to build a $150k house. Not that he wouldn't but he tends to build a lot of upper end homes.
Rick Roberts is a good builder. He mostly does custom stuff in the $250 -$450,000 range. Rick just build a custom in the new section of Hampton West.
I'm renting a UM Rogers house right now while I'm building a new house. UM and Mark build a good house, especially for the money. They build more of a conservative, no frills house.
I've also been in a lot of Bob Tillman's homes and I think he does a good job. Bob has built several homes in Wellington and Wurthering Heights.
I know Chris Myers very well and he will build anything from a starter home to an upper end custom. Like a previous poster said, he builds a nice house and does some of the best detail work in the area. Even on some of the lower price range home he still puts in wide baseboard and crown molding. He's building some new homes in Bridlewood. It's located at the intersection of Spencer Hale and Rouse Rd.
When you ask about a builder / realtor / lawyer or whatever, you will get a lot of different opinions. Some will be tickled with their experience and some won't. Just remember to take all the opinions with a grain of salt. I deal with people every day and there's a few that you couldn't make happy no matter what you did. On the other hand, some have had bad experiences and will let you know about them quick. It's like they say about bad news, it will travel ten times faster than good.
When you finally decide on a couple builders ask them for references. There's no better way to find out about a builder than to ask someone who has lived in one of their homes.
Good Luck
built-it

Knoxville, TN

#40 Feb 18, 2009
Huntington subdivision Hickory Shadows--Ask about the Harbins

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jtekt 59 min Chevyman 5
Shannon Brisentine 1 hr Anonymous 9
David Ramos 1 hr Anonymous 2
Lying Foodstamp, benefits DRAMA QUEEN! Do you n... 1 hr Warm Puke 22
Hot county cops 1 hr Haha 8
Fireplace Installation 1 hr Super g 6
Real snitches 2 hr pissed pff tax payer 20

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance